Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Rewatching Nickal vs Dean

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

E08A57F4-84C2-418A-A337-75E24D5031A0.jpeg

917A3797-AEEF-4CBE-95B5-ACE4CCD91F27.jpeg

B2871B3A-17EF-41B9-8557-6FCB51890081.jpeg

This is still a 2 count correct?  Certainly at first glance if someone told me this was a 2 count I would have said no way.  Going back and looking at it from the perspective that Dean got cheated, I can see where a person could call that control and a 2 count and not think they are a dip****.

1 hour ago, olddirty said:

This is still a 2 count correct?  Certainly at first glance if someone told me this was a 2 count I would have said no way.  Going back and looking at it from the perspective that Dean got cheated, I can see where a person could call that control and a 2 count and not think they are a dip****.

A two count for what? Nickal isn't on his back in any of the pictures. 

23 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Soph. Nickal proved on the mat that he was better than Dean too, despite the fancy nickname Cornell fans gave to Dean. 

Actually, the nickname Cornell fans gave Dean  was "Gabe the Bear".  Not too fancy, but descriptive.

Edited by red blades

12 hours ago, olddirty said:

Well, I mean, anyone who wants to go back and look at it from the perspective of Dean got cheated, instead of you know,  openly and objectively, then yeah they could say that. But no, they would not be correct. 

On 10/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, olddirty said:

1. Still photos are a terrible way to call a match. I could overturn every NCAA finals match if I scored them with selectively chosen still photos.

2. If Dean had any semblance of control, then Bo wouldn't have been able to roll thru it so easily.

53 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

1. Still photos are a terrible way to call a match. I could overturn every NCAA finals match if I scored them with selectively chosen still photos.

2. If Dean had any semblance of control, then Bo wouldn't have been able to roll thru it so easily.

Just for the record, my pasting the photos was not to score the match but to show (I think it was olddirty) description of the time was incorrect.  

58 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Also even if he did have control by 1:01 (and possibly earlier) Bo had already rolled through, so there couldn't have been 2 full seconds of back exposure. 

59 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I watched Dean throw a front quarter that had Nickal on his back for 2 seconds.  Whether or not he controlled him after or how easily he got off his back afterwards isnt really what the TS was talking about.  In a rule set that has eliminated reaction time, I am questioning my original view that this was not a takedown by Dean after looking closer

7 minutes ago, olddirty said:

I watched Dean throw a front quarter that had Nickal on his back for 2 seconds.  Whether or not he controlled him after or how easily he got off his back afterwards isnt really what the TS was talking about.  In a rule set that has eliminated reaction time, I am questioning my original view that this was not a takedown by Dean after looking closer

First, the count does not begin the moment 45 is broke when the athletes are in neutral.   The control and position has to be established before the count begin.  Its not a matter of reaction time or not, its a matter of establishing the position.  Second, as the photos show, he did not break 45 until 1:03, and he was off his back at 1:01.  In other words, at the two second mark, he was already off his back.  

Edited by Lurker

On 10/24/2019 at 11:53 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Also even if he did have control by 1:01 (and possibly earlier) Bo had already rolled through, so there couldn't have been 2 full seconds of back exposure. 

Jimmy, didn't you start this thread by saying Dean had 2 & 2 and therefore should have won?