Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

What if Suriano never got hurt vs OSU?

Suriano was up 3-1 vs Piccinni when he sustained the fateful injury which ended keeping him out of NCAAs....soon thereafter he transferred to Rutgers where he became the face of the program and won a NCAA title.

But what would have happened if he never got hurt?  Would he have won his first title that year?  He did shut down Darian Cruz earlier that year who won the title eventually.  Would he still be a PSU working on possibly his 3rd NCAA title?

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Obviously no one knows but I don’t think he beats Lee either way.  But I think he had a good shot at the title his freshman year.

But Cruz beat Lee...and Suriano shut out Cruz.  I know the transitive property doesn't apply but why don't you think he couldn't have taken Lee that year?

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

But Cruz beat Lee...and Suriano shut out Cruz.  I know the transitive property doesn't apply but why don't you think he couldn't have taken Lee that year?

Cruz didn’t beat Lee, he beat Gilman

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Well, I mean, Lee beat Suriano his sophomore year, so.....

Yeah you're right, no idea what Jimmy is talking about.

But anyway, I do think it's an interesting "what if," but it was talked about plenty when it happened.  Which really seemed to upset lu_alum so much that he would take it out on Suriano for some reason.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think he was referring to Suriano’s sophomore year with that part

Are we to assume that not getting injured his freshman year also prevented him from getting the staph infection before nationals his sophomore year in this what if scenario?

47 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Are we to assume that not getting injured his freshman year also prevented him from getting the staph infection before nationals his sophomore year in this what if scenario?

I think so, yes

The Chinese government would have issued a statement that wrestling is awesome. Nick would have been so happy that he would have immediately gone to the Chinese restaurant located on Westerly Pky. in State College  and order a large portion of chicken and broccoli. After he finished he would enjoy several fortune cookies.  Nick would realize that State College had horrible Chinese food so he would inform Coach Cael Sanderson  he was transferring to Rutgers so he could be nearer to China Town in New York City. Suriano would go on to have a successful career af Rutgers. Upon graduation he would become interested in becoming a professional fly fisherman. He would move back to State College because it is considered the fly fishing capital of the northeast. Obviously Nick would never enjoy Chinese food again. No doubt he would tweet that Lebron James is stupid and should keep his mouth shut.

Does Suriano wrestle 125 in 2018-2019 in this what if?  It seems like it would have made the most sense given the PSU lineup last year.  Then again he could have gone 133 with RBY taking a redshirt.  Who knows how much Suriano staying would have affected scholarship dollars and the recruiting of RBY and others in either a positive or negative way.

10 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Good point. So Suriano loses to Gilman at Big Tens, Suriano and Cruz seeds get flipped, Suriano is on the same side of the bracket as Gilman and loses to him in the semis, and then Gilman loses to Cruz in the finals.

I think Suriano had a shot in a rematch against Gilman (and Cruz also would have against Suriano).

Edited by 1032004

On 10/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, 1032004 said:

Yeah you're right, no idea what Jimmy is talking about.

But anyway, I do think it's an interesting "what if," but it was talked about plenty when it happened.  Which really seemed to upset lu_alum so much that he would take it out on Suriano for some reason.

I think you mean “sorryano.”