treep2000

U23 Discussion

Kerkvliet beats the Mongolian Lkhagvagerel Munkhtur 4-4 on criteria for bronze. Challenge pending but if it holds that a solid win for his age. He's the same Mongolian that Gwiazdowski beat for bronze at last year's Yarygin.

1 minute ago, DocBZ said:

Kerkvliet beats the Mongolian Lkhagvagerel Munkhtur 4-4 on criteria for bronze. Challenge pending but if it holds that a solid win for his age. He's the same Mongolian that Gwiazdowski beat for bronze at last year's Yarygin.

And Kerk is 18 or 19 right?

2 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Reversed on brick challenge. MGL 4-4 over Kerkvliet. 

18 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

I’ve said it after the Jden match and got criticized endlessly. Bo could have medaled this year at 86 had he gone down. Honestly believe he’s top 3-5 in the world at 86 or 92. 

I think Bo would have won world gold at 86 or 92, if he were on the team.

I’ve said it after the Jden match and got criticized endlessly. Bo could have medaled this year at 86 had he gone down. Honestly believe he’s top 3-5 in the world at 86 or 92. 
I agree, which is why the situation with Taylor doesn't make sense. Bo could make 86 after his morning dump and would have easily won WTT. So when they knew about Taylor's injury, why would they not have Bo go down instead of wrestling 10 lbs under weight and facing J'Den?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Honestly this S@#$ is ridiculous. 

(1) The point they challenged took place at 7 seconds. 

(2) There was a clock stoppage and at least 20 seconds for Mongolia to throw their brick.  No challenge.  

(3) Clock runs out on the match with Kerkvliet winning 4-4 on criteria... here comes the challenge brick

(4) They go back and review the prior action and change an obvious step out to a caution and 1?  come on man.  

3 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I agree, which is why the situation with Taylor doesn't make sense. Bo could make 86 after his morning dump and would have easily won WTT. So when they knew about Taylor's injury, why would they not have Bo go down instead of wrestling 10 lbs under weight and facing J'Den?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Because Bo wants to move UP. 

4 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

(2) There was a clock stoppage and at least 20 seconds for Mongolia to throw their brick.  No challenge.  

(3) Clock runs out on the match with Kerkvliet winning 4-4 on criteria... here comes the challenge brick

(4) They go back and review the prior action and change an obvious step out to a caution and 1?  come on man.  

Ohio State lawyers are < Cornell lawyers

4 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Ridiculous is an understatement. Stuff like this has got to stop. Poor kerk

8 hours ago, misterc said:

I'd have to imagine everyone in DT's circle knew the game plan to set up the OTT.  The phrase "loyal to a fault" comes to mind.  Seeing Bo's results here, I can understand why he and NLWC thought he could be the rep for the senior level at 92kg.  

It'll be interesting to see it all play out since he and DT will collide anyways, or he will make a monstrous jump to 97.

Unless  Bo is beating DT it would be short sighted to think he could beat J'Den.  And I'm not a PSU. Hater.  I like PSU and I am a big fan of Sanderson.   But I'm also objective and I don't see how even a person would think that J'Den is an easier road then Taylor unless they're neck-and-neck with DT or beating them. At the very least J'Den and Taylor are neck-and-neck themselves and could go back and forth. I personally think J'Den is a hair above David Taylor. However I wouldn't go as far as to put money on it.

Edited by scramble

6 minutes ago, scramble said:

Unless  Bo is beating DT it would be short sighted to think he could beat J'Den.  And I'm not a PSU. Hater.  I like PSU and I am a big fan of Sanderson.   But I'm also objective and I don't see how even a person would think that J'Den is an easier road then Taylor unless they're neck-and-neck with DT or beating them. At the very least J'Den and Taylor are neck-and-neck themselves and could go back and forth. I personally think J'Den is a hair above David Taylor. However I wouldn't go as far as to put money on it.

After watching Bo lose to J'Den I don't think it is unreasonable to think Bo can win next time.  After all he really has not done much freestyle in the past 5+ years right?  I expect his learning curve to be very steep.