treep2000

U23 Discussion

5 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

After watching Bo lose to J'Den I don't think it is unreasonable to think Bo can win next time.  After all he really has not done much freestyle in the past 5+ years right?  I expect his learning curve to be very steep.

Maybe if he stayed after the Olympics we would know, wishful thinking...Good luck Bo in MMA not a fan of MMA but enjoyed watching you wrestle

36 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

He's gonna go up but he's also gonna be severely undersized.  I could see him winning 92kg non-Olympic worlds.  

I agree.  With Snyder now a NLWC he will have to wrestle a teammate for any Olympic spot. I do think you'll give the Olympics a go obviously. But if not he would be a good rap at 92 depending on whether or not Taylor or J'Den went up.

We really have a lot of depth in the US between 74 kg and 97 kg

Just now, CaliWrestler said:

Maybe if he stayed after the Olympics we would know, wishful thinking...Good luck Bo in MMA not a fan of MMA but enjoyed watching you wrestle

There is still a good chance they wrestle soon enough, either at 86 or 97, in the Olympic team trials.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

There is still a good chance they wrestle soon enough, either at 86 or 97, in the Olympic team trials.

He said in an interview that DT was his mentor so he will go up to 97Kg and take on Captain, which is interesting because Captain does have a little issues 

with taller opponents but being that they will be wrestling in the room I think they will both adapt to each other styles so I see it being close 

I agree Bo is very good. And like many others I think he would have metal at whatever weight he would have went at the worlds had he been one of our Representatives. The thing is Cox Russell's very smart and strategic bucking score when he needs to score. Also Cox has a great counselor defense so often times the more you attack the more he's going to score. That is not taking anything away from bow I just think people that over attack Cox end up on the short end of the scoreboard.

FS team rankings:

1. Russia - 145 points

2. Iran - 139 points

3. Azerbaijan - 111 points

10. USA - 57 points

Very weak FS competition from USA. Bo was arguably the standout talent from the competition (along with the Cuban at 57kg and Zare at 125kg), but nobody else impressed me from the US.

Iran's 79kg guy had a problem with his passport (forgot to renew it) so Iran was missing a guy (he was expected to medal) which cost Iran the team title to Russia unfortunately. 

Edited by The Genius

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Because Bo wants to move UP. 

Well he better get on the weight gainer soon, then. He could have made 86 at WTT without really cutting any weight. 97 is going to be a huge jump.

1 hour ago, scramble said:

Unless  Bo is beating DT it would be short sighted to think he could beat J'Den.  And I'm not a PSU. Hater.  I like PSU and I am a big fan of Sanderson.   But I'm also objective and I don't see how even a person would think that J'Den is an easier road then Taylor unless they're neck-and-neck with DT or beating them. At the very least J'Den and Taylor are neck-and-neck themselves and could go back and forth. I personally think J'Den is a hair above David Taylor. However I wouldn't go as far as to put money on it.

I think it made sense when Taylor was healthy. Bo is showing deference to his mentor who he probably knows he won't beat anyway by going up to 92 and giving it a shot. But once Taylor was out, it stopped making any sense.

1 hour ago, scramble said:

I agree Bo is very good. And like many others I think he would have metal at whatever weight he would have went at the worlds had he been one of our Representatives. The thing is Cox Russell's very smart and strategic bucking score when he needs to score. Also Cox has a great counselor defense so often times the more you attack the more he's going to score. That is not taking anything away from bow I just think people that over attack Cox end up on the short end of the scoreboard.

'Talk to text' let you down.  

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

FS team rankings:

1. Russia - 145 points

2. Iran - 139 points

3. Azerbaijan - 111 points

10. USA - 57 points

Very weak FS competition from USA. Bo was arguably the standout talent from the competition (along with the Cuban at 57kg and Zare at 125kg), but nobody else impressed me from the US.

Iran's 79kg guy had a problem with his passport (forgot to renew it) so Iran was missing a guy (he was expected to medal) which cost Iran the team title to Russia unfortunately. 

We don’t send our our best to U23. We don’t take it seriously. Team results for U23x at least for USA, don’t mean anything. 

the majority of our team isn’t even top 10 in the US. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

We don’t send our our best to U23. We don’t take it seriously. Team results for U23x at least for USA, don’t mean anything. 

the majority of our team isn’t even top 10 in the US. 

Who all was noticeably missing?  Not disagreeing just don’t know our age level guys freestyle experience.

1 minute ago, Mokoma said:

Which part is confusing?  Taylor pinned and then beat Yaz 11-6.

And was getting handled in both matches before he gassed Yazdani. Certainly didn't handle him "with ease" as you put it. He was VERY close to getting DQ'd for passivity in the first match. 

Bo does not wrestle the same type of pace that DT does. You can't just translate scores. Also no evidence Bo would do any better against a healthy DT than Yazdani.