treep2000

U23 Discussion

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

Looks like Wed finals are scheduled for 6:00 - 8:30 pm Budapest time which is 5 hours ahead of eastern time zone. 

please do the math for us and tell us what that means in EDT.

10/28/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 08:30 a.m. CT)
Day 1: Qualification rounds FS - 57-65-70-79-97kg

10/28/2019 (12:00 p.m. - 01:30 p.m. CT)
Day 1: Semi Final FS - 57-65-70-79-97kg

10/29/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. CT)
Day 2: Qualification rounds FS- 61-74-86-92-125kg

10/29/2019 (11:15 a.m. - 02:30 p.m. CT)
Day 2: Semi Final FS - 61-74-86-92-125kg, Finals FS ? 57-65-70-79-97kg

10/30/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 08:30 a.m. CT)
Day 3: Qualification rounds WW ? 50-55-59-68-76kg, Repechage FS ? 61-74-86-92-125kg

10/30/2019 (11:15 a.m. - 02:30 p.m. CT)
Day 3: Semi Final WW ? 50-55-59-68-76kg, Finals FS ? 61-74-86-92-125kg

10/31/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 08:30 a.m. CT)
Day 4:

10/31/2019 (11:15 a.m. - 02:30 p.m. CT)
Day 4:

11/01/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. CT)
Day 5:

11/01/2019 (11:15 a.m. - 02:30 p.m. CT)
Day 5:

11/02/2019 (04:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. CT)
Day 6:

11/02/2019 (11:15 a.m. - 02:30 p.m. CT)
Day 6:

11/03/2019 (09:30 a.m. - 01:20 p.m. CT)
Day 7:

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

So DT really didn’t tell his friend and training partner, who was bumping up just because of him, that he was going to be out? Wow... that’s pretty selfish 

I'd have to imagine everyone in DT's circle knew the game plan to set up the OTT.  The phrase "loyal to a fault" comes to mind.  Seeing Bo's results here, I can understand why he and NLWC thought he could be the rep for the senior level at 92kg.  

It'll be interesting to see it all play out since he and DT will collide anyways, or he will make a monstrous jump to 97.

Edited by misterc

1 hour ago, misterc said:

I'd have to imagine everyone in DT's circle knew the game plan to set up the OTT.  The phrase "loyal to a fault" comes to mind.  Seeing Bo's results here, I can understand why he and NLWC thought he could be the rep for the senior level at 92kg.  

It'll be interesting to see it all play out since he and DT will collide anyways, or he will make a monstrous jump to 97.

Bo is  great. But that J'Den handled him so easily shows that J'Den is amazing.

Brady Berge was injured in his match with India, although the exact nature of his injury is not known. What has been posted is this:

1. He appeared to hit his head on the mat.

2. He was unconscious.

3. A stretcher was brought out and he left the mat area.

Speculation remains regarding much of what happened since the camera was pointed away from the mat.

Praying he is OK.

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Brady Berge was injured in his match with India, although the exact nature of his injury is not known. What has been posted is this:

1. He appeared to hit his head on the mat.

2. He was unconscious.

3. A stretcher was brought out and he left the mat area.

Speculation remains regarding much of what happened since the camera was pointed away from the mat.

Praying he is OK.

Just watched video and it appears he shot in on a single and took a knee to the head.  Cannot believe ref didnt stop it and called a pin.  He was out cold. 

They not only don't tell Bo that Taylor is injured and won't wrestle in 2019 so he bumps up to face J'den instead of cake walking through 86, but they reward his loyalty by recruiting Kyle Snyder when Bo says he's going to go 97 for 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

The gross thing about it was, Casey and Cael came onto the mat, while Berge was out cold and the official was holding them back from approaching Berge.

Seems the official was lacking some awareness of Berge being unconscious. Glad Brady had Cael and Casey cornering. 

Edited by TBar1977

I see all this stuff about they didn’t tell Bo what was going on with Taylor. Do we know this to be true or is this another one of those things where it was thought of and posted on the internet and people ran with it as if it were fact?

1 hour ago, jeffrideal said:

Just watched video and it appears he shot in on a single and took a knee to the head.  Cannot believe ref didnt stop it and called a pin.  He was out cold. 

USA Wrestling reported the result is an injury default, though that doesn't change how his opponent and the ref reacted to the injury.

15 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Just to put my response in perspective. I'm of the mindset that Cox 100% drops weight classes and is our 86kg rep. Which would result in Snyder vs Bo for the spot at 97kg. In your above post, are you assuming Cox goes up and Bo only has Ringer, Valencia, and Taylor to deal with if he goes down.? 

I think his best shot is to go 97kg, grow into a monster, and have to beat the (respectfully) limited, Kyven Gadson..... and then face Snyder....
The idea of cutting hard, then facing a bracket with DT, COx, Ringer, Valencia, Downey, Heflin, blah blah blah.... seems like an unnecessary hurdle when the finals match (if you make it) is relatively comparable...

I agree.  It would also set him up to be the 92 rep at the world's for a year, unless one of the other guys were to go up. 

Also, IF and it's a big IF Snyder were to try and go up after the Olympic cycle for a year or two it would leave room for BO and Cox. 

With that said, if DT were to retire I think BO would be the favorite at 86 after the Olympics.  I think he beats all those other guys.  I think he is a terrible match up for ringer, to tall and big for Hall, and Valencia loses his leverage advantge against BO.  

In the end I do hope Bo sticks around because I think something will open up for him down the road. At the very least he will be the number 2 and get plenty of opportunities.  

As fo MMA, I would think that with his potential he would get some pay in an RTC somewhere.  With the money he would get from being on the ladder, the RTC, and camp money Im not sure he would make that much more in his early MMA career.  He may not even make as much.  It will take him a few years I would think.  He could stick around for another cycle and probably still be young enough to go MMA after if he wanted.  For him to make big money in MMA he probably needs to get to the UFC and that will take a bit.  I  could be wrong because I don't know a ton about the payout for non UFC organizations or those just starting in the UFC. I wouldn't think though there would be a big difference as a newbie to UFC.  

7 minutes ago, scramble said:

I agree.  It would also set him up to be the 92 rep at the world's for a year, unless one of the other guys were to go up. 

Also, IF and it's a big IF Snyder were to try and go up after the Olympic cycle for a year or two it would leave room for BO and Cox. 

With that said, if DT were to retire I think BO would be the favorite at 86 after the Olympics.  I think he beats all those other guys.  I think he is a terrible match up for ringer, to tall and big for Hall, and Valencia loses his leverage advantge against BO.  

In the end I do hope Bo sticks around because I think something will open up for him down the road. At the very least he will be the number 2 and get plenty of opportunities.  

As fo MMA, I would think that with his potential he would get some pay in an RTC somewhere.  With the money he would get from being on the ladder, the RTC, and camp money Im not sure he would make that much more in his early MMA career.  He may not even make as much.  It will take him a few years I would think.  He could stick around for another cycle and probably still be young enough to go MMA after if he wanted.  For him to make big money in MMA he probably needs to get to the UFC and that will take a bit.  I  could be wrong because I don't know a ton about the payout for non UFC organizations or those just starting in the UFC. I wouldn't think though there would be a big difference as a newbie to UFC.  

Bo is not sticking around.  He's going MMA.  There's an interview I saw where I'm pretty sure his mom says he's going MMA after Olympics.

Come on. There is no way that Bo did not know that DT was going to be out. Do you guys honestly believe that Cael and Co would leave Bo Nickal totally in the dark?

Edited by AIW-HS

35 minutes ago, AIW-HS said:

Come on. There is no way that Bo did not know that DT was going to be out. Do you guys honestly believe that Cael and Co would leave Bo Nickal totally in the dark?

Bo was at BTS and if I knew from my seat that DT wasn't going to be ready, Bo knew.

So best case 2 medals, but the Kerk match looks like we are the underdog. :( 
Either way, I thought we would sneak out with at least 3. Thought we'd have a couple of guys like Eiremen, Berge, Dean, sneak into that bronze match... 
Obviously not the best team we couldve sent, but still, a bit disappointing.