Sign in to follow this  
Sublime607

ASU wrestle off

"If we stay up on our weights, we get one more good guy in the lineup, if we go down, we lose one good guy but may move up the podium higher," Jones said. "It's is better to have more, but better to have better." 

Anyone know which weights he's talking about?  Could Shields, Teemer, and Maruca all drop?

I think the "wrestle the best lineup" comment is in reference to the lightweights rather than Schultz/Hall. 

2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

"If we stay up on our weights, we get one more good guy in the lineup, if we go down, we lose one good guy but may move up the podium higher," Jones said. "It's is better to have more, but better to have better." 

Anyone know which weights he's talking about?  Could Shields, Teemer, and Maruca all drop?

I think the "wrestle the best lineup" comment is in reference to the lightweights rather than Schultz/Hall. 

I think it is getting AV into the lineup. Zahid and Norfleet could all be down a weight and do just as well(or better).

Chlebove is going to go to 141 I think. Busiello to 133. 125 will be very interesting if Raimo is healthy. I don’t think Courtney has the offense to beat Raimo. I also think Raimo has a better shot at nationals to score more points. Also agree 100% Schultz red shirts. Gives them a perennial leader of the team for the next 5 years. The other weights are all set in my opinion with no room for discussion or upset. 

17 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

125 will be very interesting if Raimo is healthy. I don’t think Courtney has the offense to beat Raimo. I also think Raimo has a better shot at nationals to score more points. 

Josh Kramer isn't out of the picture either.

23 hours ago, Spladle88 said:

Have a hard time believing they would end up using Schultz over Hall this year, last year of eligibility for Hall and a top 5ish kind of guy.  Redshirt Schultz this year and you've got 5 years of most likely top 5 or better  guy at heavyweight........

I would agree that it would make sense for the future....However I can also see this playing out until February where Hall is the technical starter but Schultz wrestles unattached in a lot of the big open tournaments to see where everything falls. Would suck for Hall to get pushed out at the end, but it wouldn't be the first time it has happened. 

Edited by Idaho

On 10/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, Nicky_Pipes said:

FRL mentioned Busiello coming down to 133.. Chlebove vs. Busiello is interesting 

Busiello I think struggles in college. It seems like he has had a hard time adjusting to jumps in weight classes the last few years and I just dont see much of a ceiling as I once did.

50 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Busiello I think is hurt. Raimo will be wrestling Courtney. Kramer vs Chlebove at 133. Schultz is not wrestling. Not much else to speak of.

Busiello has been removed from the roster.No longer on the team

Edited by calot

I just saw that. Crazy. What happened?

They also had 10 matches posted. I believe that article has been taken down and edited. So frustrating how locked up college wrestling news and details are. 

Edited by gobraves101905