Sign in to follow this  
Sublime607

ASU wrestle off

Pretty bummed that their heavy wrestleoff is complete $HlT compared to what it should be.

Disappointing to see a team that obviously must go all-in this season not actually attempt to put out the beat team.l theh can.

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Pretty bummed that their heavy wrestleoff is complete $HlT compared to what it should be.

Disappointing to see a team that obviously must go all-in this season not actually attempt to put out the beat team.l theh can.

Just because Schultz isn’t wrestling off, doesn’t mean he can’t win the spot. 

wrestle offs mean very little. 

7 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Hitting the transfer portal before wrestle offs, that may be a record that holds up for awhile. 

Smart though to enter portal before he competes for transfer reasons

12 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Just because Schultz isn’t wrestling off, doesn’t mean he can’t win the spot. 

wrestle offs mean very little. 

Honest question: Why would Schultz wrestle this year? He's a serious contender for the greco spot. Olympic redshirt seems obvious to me. Add in the fact they have Hall, it would be especially weird for him to wrestle in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Housebuye said:

So bizarre. 

Guys who do this type of stuff tend to not pan out. Commits, recommits, commits again, shows up for a couple of months, quits and tries to transfer. His first season hasn’t even started. 

Why doesn’t anyone want to wrestle 141 at ASU. Been a hole for awhile now with two AA candidates leaving after enrolling but before stepping on the mat. 

4 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Honest question: Why would Schultz wrestle this year? He's a serious contender for the greco spot. Olympic redshirt seems obvious to me. Add in the fact they have Hall, it would be especially weird for him to wrestle in my opinion.

Yeah I agree with you. It would only happen if Schultz wanted it to. 

He was going to do the wrestle off either way though. Not sure why he ended up deciding not to. I hope they do at a later date, just so we get a glimpse of where Schultz is in folk vs college guys

7 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Why doesn’t anyone want to wrestle 141 at ASU. Been a hole for awhile now with two AA candidates leaving after enrolling but before stepping on the mat. 

I would say that Bussileo is a long way from being considered an "AA candidate" - let him win a few college matches 1st.  Who was the other one?

On 10/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, gobraves101905 said:

Kramer is up at 133. He couldn’t beat out Kline last year. He is a great kid, teammate, person and all of that. But a starter on this team he is not. 

Kramer beats Chlebove 7-6

36 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

It’s was s terrible exhibition of wrestling. The whole night was a waste of time. ASU really needs to up their game. I was almost embarrassed sitting there watching it. 

Could you expound on that, I had work and was unable to attend. I would be interested in a breakdown and I’m sure others would be also

5 hours ago, nyum said:

Could you expound on that, I had work and was unable to attend. I would be interested in a breakdown and I’m sure others would be also

The atmosphere was like that of a child’s party. Hall and A Valencia wrestled only 2 periods each and each period was vs a different opponent. Courtney did not wrestle. Norfleet did not wrestle.  Scoring was kept incorrectly. It had no match feel to it at all and was obvious the results meant absolutely nothing. If it’s going to be like that, have all the freshmen out there to showcase the new class  

The next 2 home meets are against division 3 schools?  ASU needs to start acting like a first class program year round.