Jimmy Cinnabon

PSU's Brady Berge suffers severe injury at U23s

Berge seems to have suffered a very severe head injury at U23 where he was laying motionless and not breathing for quite a while.  Very scary.  Have to imagine he will miss a significant portion, if not all, of this upcoming wrestling season.

Very sad news for Penn State.  Thoughts and Prayers.

It is a little early to be speculating on how serious Brady's injury is.  It appeared that he was knocked out which isn't good but may not be a long term problem.  It could be very serious or not to bad.  Let's just hope for the best for Brady and wait to see how things go.  I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him competing again soon. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I have not seen any confirmation of anything. 

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

And Adam Taliaferro got hit in the face with a knee and was paralyzed. You aren't saying he is 100% back next week, and I'm not saying he is paralyzed either. That is the point of gaining confirmation one way or the other. You don't know until you know. 

Praying he is fine. 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Do you have an article/link that he is doing okay? The most recent articles I have seen on a search all said  that he was not able to be revived at the venue and taken to the hospital. Hope he is recovering fine.  

Just now, TBar1977 said:

And Adam Taliaferro got hit in the face with a knee and was paralyzed. You aren't saying he is 100% back next week, and I'm not saying he is paralyzed either. That is the point of gaining confirmation one way or the other. You don't know until you know. 

Praying he is fine. 

Well I didn’t say he would back next week but also pointing out that there are a lot worse things that can happen to you then getting KOed, it always looks ugly but best case can do very minimal damage 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Mason Rudolph was wearing a football helmet.

Berge had nothing protecting his head.

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do you have an article/link that he is doing okay? The most recent articles I have seen on a search all said  that he was not able to be revived at the venue and taken to the hospital. Hope he is recovering fine.  

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

I agree - I hope it's just poor journalism - video and article below say same thing:

https://www.insidesport.co/uww-u23-world-wrestling-championship-2019-gaurav-wins-the-repechage-bout-opener-american-opponent-rushed-to-hospital/

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Mason Rudolph was wearing a football helmet.

Berge had nothing protecting his head.

Rudolph got hit directly on the jaw his helmet wasn’t even touched and he wears a 1970s chin strap that literally does nothing to protect.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I think that is more of a translation thing then literally not being able to revive him 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I talked to someone close to the team and was told that if he was actually in a life threatening situation that news of that would have came out, another issue tho is if he has a bad concussion he can’t get on a plane and will have to spend some time over there 

Edited by Antitroll2828

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

You also said he appeared to not be breathing for quite a while, I hope that was a gross exaggeration!

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Rudolph got hit directly on the jaw his helmet wasn’t even touched and he wears a 1970s chin strap that literally does nothing to protect.

I think that is more of a translation thing then literally not being able to revive him 

I talked to someone close to the team and was told that if he was actually in a life threatening situation that news of that would have came out, another issue tho is if he has a bad concussion he can’t get on a plane and will have to spend some time over there 

Good to hear - hopefully there will be some definitive reports out soon. 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good to hear - hopefully there will be some definitive reports out soon. 

Yea hopefully we get some concrete news he’s gonna be ok, I feel like askren catching a flying knee to the temple was a lot more dangerous of a hit then the one Berge ate 

An Update

NLWC Retweeted

Quick update on Brady Berge: Brady was injured at the U23 Worlds earlier today, he was taken from the venue to the hospital and has since been released #PSUwrest

Edited by TBar1977