Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

PSU's Brady Berge suffers severe injury at U23s

Recommended Posts

Berge seems to have suffered a very severe head injury at U23 where he was laying motionless and not breathing for quite a while.  Very scary.  Have to imagine he will miss a significant portion, if not all, of this upcoming wrestling season.

Very sad news for Penn State.  Thoughts and Prayers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a little early to be speculating on how serious Brady's injury is.  It appeared that he was knocked out which isn't good but may not be a long term problem.  It could be very serious or not to bad.  Let's just hope for the best for Brady and wait to see how things go.  I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him competing again soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

I have not seen any confirmation of anything. 

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

And Adam Taliaferro got hit in the face with a knee and was paralyzed. You aren't saying he is 100% back next week, and I'm not saying he is paralyzed either. That is the point of gaining confirmation one way or the other. You don't know until you know. 

Praying he is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

Do you have an article/link that he is doing okay? The most recent articles I have seen on a search all said  that he was not able to be revived at the venue and taken to the hospital. Hope he is recovering fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TBar1977 said:

And Adam Taliaferro got hit in the face with a knee and was paralyzed. You aren't saying he is 100% back next week, and I'm not saying he is paralyzed either. That is the point of gaining confirmation one way or the other. You don't know until you know. 

Praying he is fine. 

Well I didn’t say he would back next week but also pointing out that there are a lot worse things that can happen to you then getting KOed, it always looks ugly but best case can do very minimal damage 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was breathing on his own but was out cold for a little there , and as far as Cinnabon’s doom and gloom about Berge missing the season is pretty ridiculous Mason Rudolph took a helmet to the chin and was out cold very similar to Berge and he was technically cleared a week later. Fun fact getting knocked out doesn’t always mean having a concussion, anyone can get hit in the right spot and it’s lights out. Hopefully Berge is fine and the rest of the U23 team come back healthy

Mason Rudolph was wearing a football helmet.

Berge had nothing protecting his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do you have an article/link that he is doing okay? The most recent articles I have seen on a search all said  that he was not able to be revived at the venue and taken to the hospital. Hope he is recovering fine.  

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

I agree - I hope it's just poor journalism - video and article below say same thing:

https://www.insidesport.co/uww-u23-world-wrestling-championship-2019-gaurav-wins-the-repechage-bout-opener-american-opponent-rushed-to-hospital/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Mason Rudolph was wearing a football helmet.

Berge had nothing protecting his head.

Rudolph got hit directly on the jaw his helmet wasn’t even touched and he wears a 1970s chin strap that literally does nothing to protect.

 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

I think that is more of a translation thing then literally not being able to revive him 

 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do you have an article/link that he is doing okay? The most recent articles I have seen on a search all said  that he was not able to be revived at the venue and taken to the hospital. Hope he is recovering fine.  

I talked to someone close to the team and was told that if he was actually in a life threatening situation that news of that would have came out, another issue tho is if he has a bad concussion he can’t get on a plane and will have to spend some time over there 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

"not able to be revived" sounds like he was clinically dead.  Hoping that was just a gross exaggeration and he is OK.

You also said he appeared to not be breathing for quite a while, I hope that was a gross exaggeration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Rudolph got hit directly on the jaw his helmet wasn’t even touched and he wears a 1970s chin strap that literally does nothing to protect.

 

I think that is more of a translation thing then literally not being able to revive him 

 

I talked to someone close to the team and was told that if he was actually in a life threatening situation that news of that would have came out, another issue tho is if he has a bad concussion he can’t get on a plane and will have to spend some time over there 

Good to hear - hopefully there will be some definitive reports out soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good to hear - hopefully there will be some definitive reports out soon. 

Yea hopefully we get some concrete news he’s gonna be ok, I feel like askren catching a flying knee to the temple was a lot more dangerous of a hit then the one Berge ate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
An Update
 
 NLWC Retweeted

Quick update on Brady Berge: Brady was injured at the U23 Worlds earlier today, he was taken from the venue to the hospital and has since been released #PSUwrest

 
Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...