Jimmy Cinnabon

PSU's Brady Berge suffers severe injury at U23s

41 minutes ago, John Morgan said:

%$#$@ Ref.  From being in the room for thousands of hours and referring tons of wrestle off's, you know immediately when someone is injured like that.  That should be her last match.  Fired!

An awful lot of people in this world lack much of the awareness required to do certain things. Thankfully this young man looks to be OK, but that ref really is lacking something. 

28 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:
An Update

NLWC Retweeted

Quick update on Brady Berge: Brady was injured at the U23 Worlds earlier today, he was taken from the venue to the hospital and has since been released #PSUwrest

Thank God! This thread had me extremely worried. Not cool.

Edited by russelscout

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

An awful lot of people in this world lack much of the awareness required to do certain things. Thankfully this young man looks to be OK, but that ref really is lacking something. 

That would be similar to "Gross Misconduct" in the workplace...terminatable on the first offence.  How did this person get to be reffing at this level is another injustice.  Sorry, I have zero empathy in this situation.

4 minutes ago, John Morgan said:

That would be similar to "Gross Misconduct" in the workplace...terminatable on the first offence.  How did this person get to be reffing at this level is another injustice.  Sorry, I have zero empathy in this situation.

I understand. If he had a neck injury, then the 10 seconds this ref allowed that match to continue in the manner it did could have made things much, much worse. Thankfully Berge was released and that seems to indicate he is OK.  

Edited by TBar1977

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:
An Update

NLWC Retweeted

Quick update on Brady Berge: Brady was injured at the U23 Worlds earlier today, he was taken from the venue to the hospital and has since been released #PSUwrest

Glad he is ok  

Edited by Housebuye

Who the fcuk said he wasnt breathing? And don't give me that **** about whoever made the video. Just because they are engaging in ****ed up reporting doesn't mean you have to jump on the bandwagon with it. He's obviously breathing and then just making a ridiculous statement like he may miss all of the season makes it even worse. God I hesitate to use the word loser but I don't know what else fits here!

For goodness sake, tragedy is normally a death or career ending injury or disablement. Joe Theismann's ankle broken by Lawrence Taylor qualified since it was so grotesque on national TV.

Thanks to those who expressed the logical step of 'let's wait-and-see' since it's not our job as fans to diagnose anything

.... a lot of athletes go to the hospital though not too many unconscious; glad he was released.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea hopefully we get some concrete news he’s gonna be ok, I feel like askren catching a flying knee to the temple was a lot more dangerous of a hit then the one Berge ate 

But - to be fair - Askren is a caveman.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Berge seems to have suffered a very severe head injury at U23 where he was laying motionless and not breathing for quite a while.  Very scary.  Have to imagine he will miss a significant portion, if not all, of this upcoming wrestling season.

Very sad news for Penn State.  Thoughts and Prayers.

The severity of his injury must have been overcome by your thoughts and prayers jimmy.

So much sad news. The significant portion of the season he's missed took a tremendous toll on all of us Penn Staters.

Berge being in the Penn State lineup on Sunday must be a (Marine Corps) Birthday miracle (although it won't be for the middies, some of whom will be Marine officers) on the 10th of November!

17 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

The severity of his injury must have been overcome by your thoughts and prayers jimmy.

So much sad news. The significant portion of the season he's missed took a tremendous toll on all of us Penn Staters.

Berge being in the Penn State lineup on Sunday must be a (Marine Corps) Birthday miracle (although it won't be for the middies, some of whom will be Marine officers) on the 10th of November!

so ... he is breathing now?  ;_;

31 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

While I’m always down for some trolling of Jim , Cael said this week that Berge probably isn’t gonna wrestle this weekend because of what happened