Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

Bo to 97kg

If it's already been said cool... but this 92kg performance has me convinced he would do ok up a weight, that kid he just destoryed has some good wins over some solid 97kg guys. 
I think he is more likely to unseat Snyder than he is to beat. 
Cox/Taylor/Ringer/Valencia/etc.... 

Disagree if you must, but I'm not even a big Nickal guy... he just looked great. 

Yeah me calling him over Snyder-Cox wasn't me just being trolly. Cox is a nightmare matchup for anyone at 92kg right now. Especially Bo and his style. You'll just not get him out of position and that is how Bo capitalizes.

Bo over Snyder is a real thing that people will be woke about as a possibility real soon.

Folks thought Snyder went to NLWC to beat Sad? He knows he'll need the year to beat Bo.

Okay the last part is a joke. Realtalk though? Bo dominated the #3 guy at 92kg who also just so happened to outperform the #3 guy at 97kg.

To count him out at 97 is ignorance, blind hate, or a sadistic combination of both 

Yeah me calling him over Snyder-Cox wasn't me just being trolly. Cox is a nightmare matchup for anyone at 92kg right now. Especially Bo and his style. You'll just not get him out of position and that is how Bo capitalizes.

Bo over Snyder is a real thing that people will be woke about as a possibility real soon.

Folks thought Snyder went to NLWC to beat Sad? He knows he'll need the year to beat Bo.

Okay the last part is a joke. Realtalk though? Bo dominated the #3 guy at 92kg who also just so happened to outperform the #3 guy at 97kg.

To count him out at 97 is ignorance, blind hate, or a sadistic combination of both 

Hahhahah I like that post. 

I was in that group of people (which I didnt realize was so large until the question just got asked in the U23 thread) That thought he would simply get overpowered at 97kg. Snyder is known as this power-house, and Bo is kind of lengthy so it's easy to tie those 2 together and see him getting bulldozed. However. as I posted above.... looking like he just looked, I think they are even money right now. Give him a a few months to sharpen those skillz, gain some size, and apparently train with the Snyderman......... I like his chances a lot more up a weight.... 

But the people saying "Muscle alone is too much" will soon flock in, and ignore results. 

But yes nobody is beating COX

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So you called him over Cox, were completely wrong, and somehow today means you were right about him beating Snyder and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant?  Does that sum it up?

Just now, spladle08 said:

Damn Boconnell why you flame throwin. WARCOX!

I have no problem with a Nickal over Snyder prediction.  I love Nickal and would definitely root for him there.  If someone wants to make a wild prediction on his behalf (or anyone else's) more power to them.

But to try to have some sports radio hot take about how you called it and you were right (when you weren't) and everyone else was wrong (when they weren't) is just being childish.

10 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I have no problem with a Nickal over Snyder prediction.  I love Nickal and would definitely root for him there.  If someone wants to make a wild prediction on his behalf (or anyone else's) more power to them.

But to try to have some sports radio hot take about how you called it and you were right (when you weren't) and everyone else was wrong (when they weren't) is just being childish.

yeah its a big peeve of mine also :) but real talk, I like his chances better against Snyder. 
Cox and Snyder both have the stingiest of defenses, but Cox has superhuman quickness/athleticism. Boman can't match. 
Snyder has the same stingy defense however, maybe not the speed or ridiculous athleticsm, what he lacks there he makes up for in brute strength. 
I guess my position on the whole deal is we've seen Cox vs Bo and we haven't seen Snyder vs Bo. 

We've all seen and read the Snyder book, and I mean if he wins this hypotheitcal match its in Snyder fashion, a few push outs, maybe a low level attack blah blah blah. 
However that Russian we just saw Bo dismantle we know is slightly better than Albarov who has given Snyder fits in the past. 
Obviously transitive property never holds true but for the speculation game, it leads us to surmise that Bo would at the very least be competitive with Snyderman. 

I know I know. just because A beats B and B beats C, A doesnt always beat C..... but for the sake of the argument, its a nice starting point. 

45 minutes ago, boconnell said:

So you called him over Cox, were completely wrong, and somehow today means you were right about him beating Snyder and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant?  Does that sum it up?

When did I say picking against Nickal was ignorant?  I said don't count him out at 97. That is all.

Simmer down, grasshoppa.

Snyder is the favorite. I understand that. I get that. Would I pick Nickal in an actual match or even best of three right now? No. If he goes 97 and Cox does in fact drop, would I pick him to make the finals against Snyder? Yes.

Is there a way to watch Bo’s matches without forking over the credit card?  Or will there be later possibly? I had no problem paying for the world championships but can’t justify it when there’s only a couple matches I’m really looking for after the fact.

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Bo is a stud. Can't teach his athleticism, plus he has great skill and great coaching. His tactics/strategy today were very good. Catching the ankle 2x and chasing it down was a thing of beauty. 

True, so true. At least now we won't hear the endless "But he doesn't have any good freestyle wins", as if he needed them to let us know that he is an explosive, dynamic wrestler. He had a great tournament, wrestling the way we expect Bo Nickal to. As for him going up, I watched the interview with him in Hungary before the tournament, and he said after the tournament he will be sitting down with his coaches and making a decision on which weight to go. My observations tell me that he hasn't increased very much in muscle mass since wrestling J'den. I think it's a useless waste of time to make empty predictions about where J'den or Bo are going. The wait and see attitude is the best strategy for now. Those predictions are just endless fodder for mindless debates about who would win where.  

6 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

True, so true. At least now we won't hear the endless "But he doesn't have any good freestyle wins", as if he needed them to let us know that he is an explosive, dynamic wrestler. He had a great tournament, wrestling the way we expect Bo Nickal to. As for him going up, I watched the interview with him in Hungary before the tournament, and he said after the tournament he will be sitting down with his coaches and making a decision on which weight to go. My observations tell me that he hasn't increased very much in muscle mass since wrestling J'den. I think it's a useless waste of time to make empty predictions about where J'den or Bo are going. The wait and see attitude is the best strategy for now. Those predictions are just endless fodder for mindless debates about who would win where.  

Totally agree about the speculation. Better to just be patient and enjoy it as it comes.

If Bo is going to 97 he will be in a race to gain at least some weight to close the gap in size with Snyder over the next year. If he can gain 8-10 lbs without losing any of his trademark athleticism he can certainly provide Snyder with some challenges. In the end I think Snyder will Be a little too strong and his experience and ability to grind out close matches will be too much to overcome. But I am in the camp that Snyder has passed his peak and is vulnerable to someone with Bo’s length and funkiness.  

I like his chances a lot better against Snyder. The big question will be horse power. I think Snyder "struggles" with fluidity. Nickal is incredibly fluid. If he can handle the size, I think he can hang with Snyder. Snyder still a definite favorite and people shouldn't gas Nickal up too much for his performance here. He's obviously elite, but he's not at a Yazdani level like some have claimed in this thread. Or at least he hasn't come close to demonstrating that.

Bo had a great tournament but I thought his final might have been his best match. Tcakulov had a great tournament too breezing through GEO, MGL, UKR and CUB in his half bracket. But when he met Bo in the final, looked like Tcakulov didn't know what was coming. Bo just had a beautiful array change-ups and misdirections with precision execution into big points. Really fun to watch.

Congrats to Bo on the gold!     

Edited by 2td3nf