NJDan

Spencer Lee in Tokyo

11 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Basically the point is: You can trash Team Lee for "Making an excuse for every loss since he was 11," but now that I make it clear that DT (one of my favorite wrestlers to watch) is unlikely to make the Olympic team,  you are trying to backtrack.  I wish DT all the best, but him making the team seems to be a longshot.  You know this as well, therefore: you are unwilling to put your money where your mouth is.

AKA it is ok to trash a 19 year old kid, because there are no repercussions on the internet for faceless trolls... (never mind the comments made about 11 year old kids)

It is kind of amazing that DT goes from a World Champ @ 86kg (including a win over a 3X Gold Medalist who is considered a favorite to win the weight) to a "Longshot" to make the Olympic team.  If Cox does not go down to 86 kg DT is a strong favorite to win the Olympic spot.  If 2 X WC Cox does drop to 86 kg DT may be a slight underdog to Cox but not by much.  A lot willdepend on how Cox adjusts to the weight cut.  It is obvious that any wrestlers health can always have an impact on performance.  That being said there is no reason to assume that DT's knee injury will not fully healed prior to the Olympic team trials.

14 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

"Who are hurt or sick"... not criminals, bad sports, etc.  Hurt or sick.

The gist of the debate here:

Tbar says that saying that Lee lost to DeSanto, Bresser, NaTo because of his ACL injury/recovery  is "making an excuse." (TBar then walked back his critique of the DeSanto excuse; also fails to realize that the Bresser loss was something like 9 months post surgery)

On the flip side, if and when DT loses to Cox at OTT, the ACL will be a "reason" not an "excuse"

The whole time I was referring to this past season's excuse making. I threw the age 11 comment in for its ability to set someone like you totally off the rails, and it "obviously" worked. 

19 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The whole time I was referring to this past season's excuse making. I threw the age 11 comment in for its ability to set someone like you totally off the rails, and it "obviously" worked. 

20 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

LOL.  I mentioned DT injury because I knew it would get you "off the rails" and expose your hypocrisy.

24 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

LOL.  I mentioned DT injury because I knew it would get you "off the rails" and expose your hypocrisy.

And just how did it do that when I am not calling his injury anything other than an injury? Explain in detail. 

If Lee was wearing a psu singlet, someone on this thread would not be saying anything about Lee and excuses. I find it hard to believe that a 2 time ncaa champ in two attempts, would be considered healthy, if he is gassing heavy halfway through matches. Lee wasn't healthy last year, I dont care what certain psu fans say. Iowa coaches and Lee said he was dealing with something. It isnt an excuse, it is information.  It doesn't matter because lee is 2 for 2 at ncaas. Some people just wish he was wearing a different singlet.

Way too much Tribalism in this thread.  Wrestling with an injury is not only dumb, but is also a reason for losing. 

I could give a flying rats Ash who they wrestle for or who they are.  Wrestling with an ACL injury is just begging for your career to end, or for those with below average emotional IQs to flock to attack or defend you because they feel socially justified in doing so.  

Wrestle at your own risk. 

44 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Way too much Tribalism in this thread.  Wrestling with an injury is not only dumb, but is also a reason for losing. 

I could give a flying rats Ash who they wrestle for or who they are.  Wrestling with an ACL injury is just begging for your career to end, or for those with below average emotional IQs to flock to attack or defend you because they feel socially justified in doing so.  

Wrestle at your own risk. 

You're silly!

Remember guys - DT wasn’t his full beast self until about 3 years ago.  It is not that the other wrestlers he lost to in the years before that actually won due to their merits.

TBar’s hypocrisy is legendary on these boards.

Remember, if he says something wrong, he just says it to get you riled up.  

He will deflect and ignore your points in a game of non-acknowledgment.  

On Lee - I have no inside info but something weird was going on last year.  Looking forward to some clarity.  Hoping to see him making a strong run but I’d take the field over him at this point.  

Remember how good Joe Heskett was on the mat for Iowa State and then the US?

How surprised so many of us were when he had to retire because it was found he did all his great wrestling with major medical heart problems?

Enjoy the guys on the mat and hope for the best and whatever health challenges come up for the Athletes that they will be resolved.

Well Tokyo is along way off, so we’ll see how this all shakes out in the next few months. I know that if Spencer can wrestle like we think that he is capable of, he could be the guy. But Fix who has no doubt improved and is continually working hard, will be formidable. Additionally it looks as Gilman, is not going to go gently into that good night, with his two decent performances in Russia. 
And we have to look at who else might be also in the mix, like Nico, Gross, Graff, and Garrett, to name a few. Maybe we will get an indication at the Bill Farrell, but I think we will get a much clearer picture in December at the US Open. 

22 hours ago, nom said:

Remember guys - DT wasn’t his full beast self until about 3 years ago.  It is not that the other wrestlers he lost to in the years before that actually won due to their merits.

TBar’s hypocrisy is legendary on these boards.

Remember, if he says something wrong, he just says it to get you riled up.  

He will deflect and ignore your points in a game of non-acknowledgment.  

On Lee - I have no inside info but something weird was going on last year.  Looking forward to some clarity.  Hoping to see him making a strong run but I’d take the field over him at this point.  

The field at NCAA's, the Olympic trials or the Olympics?