Jump to content
gallison

Mizzou vs Virginia Tech

Recommended Posts

Dack Punke (125 pounds) finished the 2018-19 season with an 11-12 with a 6-3 record in tournaments and was an NCAA qualifier at 125 pounds. He will wrestle Virginia Tech's Joey Prata who last year finished his first full season with a 15-13 record and placed third at the ACC Championship.

Mizzou has not named a wrestler for the 133-pound weight class for Saturday's dual. Virginia Tech will wrestle No. 14 Collin Gerardi.

Alex Butler (141 pounds) posted a 14-6 record during his redshirt junior season he has a career record of 53-28 over the last three seasons. He will wrestle Mitch Moore who finished 18-9 and placed second at the ACC Championship.

Brock Mauller (149 Pounds) opened his Tiger career with a 32-5 record and was 8-0 in conference. He became a MAC Champion and NCAA All-American (sixth place) after one of the finest true freshman seasons in program history. He will wrestle Brent Moore who in the 2017-2018 season was a ACC Champion at 141 pounds and went 1-2 at the NCAA Championships.

Jarrett Jacques (157 pounds) finished his freshmen year with a 27-8 record and a perfect 9-0 record in conference duals. He will wrestle B.C. LaPrade who went 18-11 and 10-4 in duals and 1-2 in the NCAA Championships.

Peyton Mocco (165 pounds) is a redshirt freshman who last year as a Tiger went 9-3. The other option for the Tigers at 165 pounds is Luke Fortuna who finished his redshirt junior season at 174 pounds with an 8-7 record and 2-0 in MAC competition. One of those two Tiger grapplers will wrestle David McFadden who went 24-4 overall and 5-0 in the ACC he finished fifth in the NCAA's.

Connor Flynn (174 pounds) ended the season 21-9 with a perfect 7-0 record in MAC duals. He will wrestle Cody Hughes, who went 7-7 last year.

Dylan Wisman (184 pounds) concluded his 2018-19 season with a 17-9 record and a perfect 4-0 in the MAC giving him his first MAC Title. He also was an NCAA qualifier. He will wrestle Hunter Bolen who redshirted last year and went 13-1 at open tournaments.

Wyatt Koelling (197 pounds) ended the season with a 20-10 record and a perfect 7-0 record in the MAC. He was an alternate selection for the NCAA Championships and will look to improve that standing this year. He will wrestle Stanley Smeltzer who went 4-3 last year.

Austin Meyers received a NCAA qualifier spot at the NCAA Championships in 2017. He will wrestle John Borst who went 12-10 last year and 0-2 in duals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Is Elam redshirting?  Interesting that Myers is starting.  I hoped they would redshirt Mauller and Jacques as well to give them another year with O'Toole coming in...

Unless Myers has improved drastically, I don't see him starting the entire year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_MO_Godfather said:

Is Elam redshirting?  Interesting that Myers is starting.  I hoped they would redshirt Mauller and Jacques as well to give them another year with O'Toole coming in...

It's not really Smith's style to redshirt guys that are far and away the best option at their weight.  And if you take those two out of the lineup you might not win the MAC. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

It's not really Smith's style to redshirt guys that are far and away the best option at their weight.  And if you take those two out of the lineup you might not win the MAC. 

 

Elam is RS as of now

Edited by calot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Right, but not Mauller and Jacques.  Myers is a senior and a past NCAA qualifier, they don't have anyone similar behind the starters at 149 and 157.  

Nope no sense in it this year.But down the road they will RS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Right, but not Mauller and Jacques.  Myers is a senior and a past NCAA qualifier, they don't have anyone similar behind the starters at 149 and 157.  

That's what still makes not-redshirting Elam last year such a head scratcher.  They had a decent guy in Myers and he was tremendously undersized. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gantry said:

That's what still makes not-redshirting Elam last year such a head scratcher.  They had a decent guy in Myers and he was tremendously undersized. 

 

 

They're going with Rodrigo Diaz at heavyweight instead of Myers apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flanders said:

I couldn't get the ACC network to work on my espn app. I missed the whole thing.

I heard others had access issues too. I hope they get ironed out. I’m traveling out of town during the next match and hope to catch the video somehow 

Edited by Creek chub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had issues with ACC network since it came out. I’m a UNC fan so I need to use it quite a bit. My TV provider (ATT TV Now) carries the acc network, but I can’t get access on the ESPN app for acc network extra events on any device other than my cell phone (roku, iPad, Apple TV, etc). I can’t even begin to understand why that is.... drives me crazy though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I’ve had issues with ACC network since it came out. I’m a UNC fan so I need to use it quite a bit. My TV provider (ATT TV Now) carries the acc network, but I can’t get access on the ESPN app for acc network extra events on any device other than my cell phone (roku, iPad, Apple TV, etc). I can’t even begin to understand why that is.... drives me crazy though. 

Same issue that I had, except none of my devices would work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...