Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

Nebraska Westleoffs ?

I haven't seen any results of the NU intrasquad last night.  Anyone have the results ? The twitter feed is not showing any updates 

I am thinking there should be serious competition at 133 and 149,  maybe at 125, 157 and 285 as well, though those maybe pretty set. 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:16 PM, aknipp said:

I haven't seen any results of the NU intrasquad last night.  Anyone have the results ? The twitter feed is not showing any updates 

I am thinking there should be serious competition at 133 and 149,  maybe at 125, 157 and 285 as well, though those maybe pretty set. 

I posted a full review on the Guillotine college forum "Everything Husker 2019-20" thread.  However, the G board site is currently down.

A packed wrestling room with refs, an announcer, and wrestlers with their names on singlets made for enjoyable time.  Notable missing were: Ridge Lovett, Isaiah White, David Jensen.  Grayson no longer on roster.

125) Thomsen easily beat Ortegon twice, 18-6 and 18-7.

133) Sjomeling tf Monahan .  Hensley looked good beating Parrish 6-4.  Sjomeling/Hensley didn't happen due to an injury.

141) Red pinned Kelber in 12 seconds, beat Miller 7-2.  Miller beat Deen 8-1 who beat Kelber 9-5.

149) Purinton beat Baptista 6-3, Licking beat Davenport 5-3, Purington beat Licking 3-2.

157) Robb beat Silverstein 6-2, Blankenship beat McCrystal 4-0 and Silverstein 4-2.

165) Peters beat Henrich 6-4.

174) Mikey Labs, wearing a shoulder harness, beat Alford 14-2.  Then, in the match of the night, edged Berger 4-2.  This match had tons of action with little scoring until Labs scored a td at the edge as time expired.  The ref then reversed himself and waved it off as the crowd cheered wanting to see more.  Mikey quickly scored a td in SV.

184) Venz beat Wolfe 19-2.

197) Schultz beat Dudley 9-3.

Hvy) Lance beat Emerson 2-1 and 8-2.

1 hour ago, aknipp said:

Thanks for posting the results.  Interesting results at 133. I expected Lovett to start but we'll see. Also really thought Davenport would challenge at 149. Schultz over Dudley is also a surprise.  

I was expecting Lovett as well, hoping he pops up here soon. Kids tough! 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, aknipp said:

Thanks for posting the results.  Interesting results at 133. I expected Lovett to start but we'll see. Also really thought Davenport would challenge at 149. Schultz over Dudley is also a surprise.  

Licking and Purington was great match. Licking was very close to a takedown at the end. I think it will go back and forth all year. Licking looked really good, and I hope they hit each other at an open. My guess is they will both travel.

There was another wrestle off today with Licking and Batista, with Licking winning the match. Licking will wrestle in the Nebraska duals with UNK and Chadron State, and they will both travel to the Northeast Journeyman Duals this weekend.

Licking rode him entire 3rd period.

Edited by Coachp

11 hours ago, Coachp said:

There was another wrestle off today with Licking and Purington, with Licking winning the match. Licking will wrestle in the Nebraska duals with UNK and Chadron State, and they will both travel to the Northeast Journeyman Duals this weekend.

Licking rode him entire 3rd period, and had riding time in the first match as well.

Actually he beat Baptista not Purinton. It was to see who the 2nd guy to weigh in for the Nebraska Duals Thursday night.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:27 AM, Grim Reaper said:

Actually he beat Baptista not Purinton. It was to see who the 2nd guy to weigh in for the Nebraska Duals Thursday night.

Thanks for the correction. I will edit. Maybe they will match up in New York.

Edited by Coachp