nhs67

Kerkvliet has entered the transfer portal...

2 minutes ago, MikeMalLover said:

Super dumb question and I know it’s been answered in this forum before but if they enter the transfer portal they can still compete this season? 

The rule that actually would prevent Kerkvliet from competing this year is the fact that he's broken a signed NLI (unless he plans on spending the entire academic year at Ohio State and then transferring).

5 minutes ago, MikeMalLover said:

Super dumb question and I know it’s been answered in this forum before but if they enter the transfer portal they can still compete this season? 

2 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

The rule that actually would prevent Kerkvliet from competing this year is the fact that he's broken a signed NLI (unless he plans on spending the entire academic year at Ohio State and then transferring).

It's really a nonfactor in the scheme of things.  He can Oly-Shirt and that won't truly matter.  He'll have a proper redshirt available at his disposal then as well.

I'm not sure what this does for intra-conference transfer possibilities, though.  We may end up seeing him somewhere like NC State due to that.

I would be 100% okay with him heading to NC State.  Big fan of their product.

We could always start with this: Who's out?

Ohio State(obv)
Oklahoma State(obv)
Michigan
Wisconsin
Arizona State
Iowa
Missouri(Can Elam make the drop to 197?)
Possibly all other B1G schools due to transfer rules?

I'm thinking if it isn't a B1G school it'll be Iowa State or NC State.  Both have excellent freestyle clubs.

Northern Colorado to be near the OTC? I doubt it.  Perhaps Missouri IS in, if Cox has a hand in it.

I've got to be thinking Penn State is the front-runner, but I don't know how the B1G is with transfer rules now, nor do I know if he'll be willing to sit at all.

This has me nickered. Big fan of his.  Was hoping to see him against a slew of upper echelon D1 comp this year.

Wherever he goes will be the 4th college he’s committed to and he’s yet to wrestle a single college match. Minnesota => Oklahoma State => Ohio State => ???

I’m normally defending kids in almost all transfer situations, but unless they told him he isn’t going to start or something REAL bad happened between him and his coaches/teammates the timing of his 3rd decommitment is bad.

“I lost Snyder as a practice partner so I’m quitting the day before the season starts even though I won’t be able to even wrestle anywhere else this season” is a real bad look for the kid. And I’m not a tOSU fan. 

Edited by MDogg

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It's really a nonfactor in the scheme of things.  He can Oly-Shirt and that won't truly matter.  He'll have a proper redshirt available at his disposal then as well.

I'm not sure what this does for intra-conference transfer possibilities, though.  We may end up seeing him somewhere like NC State due to that.

I would be 100% okay with him heading to NC State.  Big fan of their product.

He'll also lose a year of eligibility, FYI.

Not a big fan of this news.  Was one of those concerned with tOSU's room after Snyder left.  The buckeyes are in trouble and unless they land another superstar at the senior level to anchor them.

3 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Not a big fan of this news.  Was one of those concerned with tOSU's room after Snyder left.  The buckeyes are in trouble and unless they land another superstar at the senior level to anchor them.

Agreed.  Trouble ahead...

6 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

He'll also lose a year of eligibility, FYI.

So Flo is wrong in saying that he can Oly-shirt on the season?  I took that as meaning he keeps eligibility.