nhs67

Kerkvliet has entered the transfer portal...

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

I just answered your question Tbar. What else do you want? It has been pretty well established that wrestling an NCAA season has helped some wrestlers going into the Worlds/Olympics. Why do you assume that it is absolutely necessary in Spencer's case?

You brought up Spencer's health. How is that answering the question? Spencer IS healthy by any and all accounts, but you brought it up when you used the phrase "take precautions" in regards to his approach to the current year. I guess you are trying to say it without saying it that you really meant that in regards to past years, but I don't see how that is relevant to his approach this year. 

I think 99 percent of wrestlers would suggest that focusing 100% on freestyle is better preparation for freestyle than focusing mainly on folkstyle, but you seem to disagree with that.

12 hours ago, VakAttack said:

There isn't a debate about vaccines.  There is no empirical data that shows anything other then vaccines are hugely important to health of society.  Anybody who says otherwise, I have a problem with, because they are contributing to the endangerment of children from easily preventable diseases. There aren't two sides to every question.  That doesn't mean Tom Ryan is an awful human, but he is sadly misinformed and in a position to do more damage then most if he truly believes anti-vax stuff.

No empirical data?? You need to seek out other sources of information besides the main stream media and google/facebook/youtube (all of which censor viewpoints that dissent from the "consensus" on this subject). There are many medical professionals that oppose vaccinations as currently practiced. Tom Ryan is in good company if he opposes forced vaccinations. Read the book in the link. It will likely change your mind.

Here's another good source.

Edited by PABuck

9 minutes ago, SteelwoodRadio said:

i searched through his twitter history and only see tweets saying he supports vaccination.

ySeuJH4W_bigger.jpgThomas Ryan @Buckeye158
FollowFollow @Buckeye158
More

Thomas Ryan Retweeted Mike Pucillo

Of course not. Just saying that approach to vaccines is negligent to say the least. Big $$$ impacts common decency.

Thomas Ryan added,

Mike PucilloVerified account @MPucillo84
Replying to @Buckeye158
Come on @Buckeye158 are you saying modern advances in medicine are worse than doing nothing? Life expectancy 1900 about 47 2000 about 75
1:20 PM - 21 Jun 2016
He states that he doesn't have a problem with vaccines, just how they are implemented which he thinks can cause autism. The problem with this is that he is creating doubt on the science, based on nothing. He has no expertise in this at all, and to start discrediting the science is dangerous and leads to people buying into the idea the vaccines are all about money, or they are dangerous, when really that is not the case.

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:
FollowFollow @Buckeye158
More

Of course not. Just saying that approach to vaccines is negligent to say the least. Big $$$ impacts common decency.

Thomas Ryan added,

Replying to @Buckeye158
Come on @Buckeye158 are you saying modern advances in medicine are worse than doing nothing? Life expectancy 1900 about 47 2000 about 75
He states that he doesn't have a problem with vaccines, just how they are implemented which he thinks can cause autism. The problem with this is that he is creating doubt on the science, based on nothing. He has no expertise in this at all, and to start discrediting the science is dangerous and leads to people buying into the idea the vaccines are all about money, or they are dangerous, when really that is not the case.

so, not antivax. i agree that it's not good to say that vaccines could cause autism but hes not against them

Edited by SteelwoodRadio

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I think 99 percent of wrestlers would suggest that focusing 100% on freestyle is better preparation for freestyle than focusing mainly on folkstyle, but you seem to disagree with that.

99 percent? Fix, Burroughs, Green, Retherford, Snyder and Cox all made world and olympic teams right after an NCAA season. 

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:
FollowFollow @Buckeye158
More

Thomas Ryan added,

Replying to @Buckeye158

Wow. Mountain out of a molehill here, in regards to Ryan. And, the dissenting viewpoints are not "based on nothing." Take the time to actually read what medical professionals who oppose forced vaccinations have to say about it. I linked to a couple of good books above. Sometimes "science" goes astray. Remember the Lysenko affair?

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

IMO arguing against the application of vaccines on evidence other than "hey this doesn't seem right" or other conspiracy theories is still an antivaxxer.

How dare this man question what you believe to be the correct views!  How dare he!

17 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

How dare this man question what you believe to be the correct views!  How dare he!

me and 99% of the scientific community. See if I don't know, I default to the experts. Apparently if Tom Ryan doesn't know he just defaults to whatever he has been feeling lately and then tells everyone on line or he listens to the extreme minority of experts like the author of the book that @PABuck posted. In the description "Using myth-shattering graphs, this book shows that vaccines, antibiotics, and other medical interventions are not responsible for the increase in lifespan and the decline in mortality from infectious diseases." I can already see how it goes already. We have clean water now and proper sanitation and garbage disposal that ended disease so vaccines couldn't have done it.... This book was written in 2013. I wonder if she has written a book since then to explain the rise in measles?

Edited by russelscout

10 minutes ago, russelscout said:

me and 99% of the scientific community. See if I don't know, I default to the experts. Apparently if Tom Ryan doesn't know he just defaults to whatever he has been feeling lately and then tells everyone on line or he listens to the extreme minority of experts like the author of the book that @PABuck posted. In the description "Using myth-shattering graphs, this book shows that vaccines, antibiotics, and other medical interventions are not responsible for the increase in lifespan and the decline in mortality from infectious diseases." I can already see how it goes already. We have clean water now and proper sanitation and garbage disposal that ended disease so vaccines couldn't have done it.... This book was written in 2013. I wonder if she has written a book since then to explain the rise in measles?

You’re so superior to Tom Ryan based on holding all the correct and popular views!  

Yeah, spreading fear about vaccines based on absolutely nothing is no biggie at all. You are dense sir. 
Vaccines have killed people. That's a fact and it's a big deal.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just now, Cradle1 said:

You’re so superior to Tom Ryan based on holding all the correct and popular views!  

Ahh there we go. Instead of actually arguing, you just try to discredit me as a person seeking superiority because you cant actually argue the position.

12 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, spreading fear about vaccines based on absolutely nothing is no biggie at all. You are dense sir. 

Wait, didn't you just get on someone below about discrediting people personally seeking superiority??  If nothing else, you are entertaining.

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ahh there we go. Instead of actually arguing, you just try to discredit me as a person seeking superiority because you cant actually argue the position.

While you publicly smear a man based on his opinions you don’t agree with from the safety of an anonymous internet handle!  Bravo, brave enforcer of the norms!

Thomas Ryan Retweeted Mike Manuche

Gods design is far better than a 1 in 50 chance. It's an issue. We are better than this. Something is wrong.

Thomas Ryan added,

Mike Manuche @Its_NUCCI
Replying to @Buckeye158
the first study that suggested a link between autism/disability and vaccines was found to have been faked.
2 replies0 retweets11 likes

Repl

Li

Just now, Cradle1 said:

While you publicly smear a man based on his opinions you don’t agree with from the safety of an anonymous internet handle!  Bravo, brave enforcer of the norms!

He's a cute little human, isn't he?

11 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Once again. Where am I wrong? I am not publicly smearing him. He said these things and you all are defending these things. I am not talking to myself here. I am responding to you all defend someone who has a dangerous opinion and shows no refrain from sharing such ideas.

Edited by russelscout

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

You see everyone, Lurker can dish it but cannot take it at all. He cannot resist having the last word no matter how lost his cause is...

I am a walking talking lost cause.  I know. But nice deflection.  You're getting good at that.

Edited by Lurker