nhs67

Kerkvliet has entered the transfer portal...

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

That you are so focussed on my posts that you are incapable of reading through the thread? Why can't you do that?

Yes that's it.  You really are adorable.

I was speaking more to your grouping of "you all", but then when asked who you were referring to with "you all" you wouldn't want to answer.  Wouldn't want to open up the door to possibly being wrong.....

Edited by Lurker

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Once again. Where am I wrong? I am not publicly smearing him. He said these things and you all are defending these things. I am not talking to myself here. I am responding to you all defend someone who has a dangerous opinion and shows no refrain from sharing such ideas.

That’s why it’s so important that you are exposing his wrong ideas!   Literally thousands of people who look to Tom Ryan for their medical advice have stopped vaccinating their kids, resulting in polio and measles outbreaks throughout Columbus and beyond. So, thank you!

36 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

You’re so superior to Tom Ryan based on holding all the correct and popular views!  

48 minutes ago, russelscout said:

me and 99% of the scientific community. See if I don't know, I default to the experts. Apparently if Tom Ryan doesn't know he just defaults to whatever he has been feeling lately and then tells everyone on line or he listens to the extreme minority of experts like the author of the book that @PABuck posted. In the description "Using myth-shattering graphs, this book shows that vaccines, antibiotics, and other medical interventions are not responsible for the increase in lifespan and the decline in mortality from infectious diseases." I can already see how it goes already. We have clean water now and proper sanitation and garbage disposal that ended disease so vaccines couldn't have done it.... This book was written in 2013. I wonder if she has written a book since then to explain the rise in measles?

Yes, Dr. Humphries has written other books and she knows her stuff.

The point being is that there are experts on both sides... it is not a black and white, case closed issue as you and a couple other here have suggested. Ryan's views are pretty main stream in the sense that many people, possibly a majority, including a significant number of medical professionals, would agree with him.

If you like peer-reviewed scientific studies that show the risks associated with vaccination then check out the other link in my previous post!

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes that's it.  You really are adorable.

I was speaking more to your grouping of "you all", but then when asked who you were referring to with "you all" you wouldn't want to answer.  Wouldn't want to open up the door to possibly being wrong.....

Was I supposed to list everyone I have talked to on this forum? What exactly do you want from me?

Edited by russelscout

33 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

That’s why it’s so important that you are exposing his wrong ideas!   Literally thousands of people who look to Tom Ryan for their medical advice have stopped vaccinating their kids, resulting in polio and measles outbreaks throughout Columbus and beyond. So, thank you!

Well Tom Ryan doesn't consult medical experts to form his opinion. Why would any one else? By not shutting that B.S. down its actually a bad thing.

42 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Ya? So has measles. Lets do a cost-benefit analysis....

I had measles, mumps, and chicken pox at different points of my childhood. No big deal. I thinking getting the flu is worse than any of those. People survived 100's of thousands of years without vaccines, just fine.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Was I supposed to list everyone I have talked to on this forum? What exactly do you want from me?

For you to know who you are talking about/to.  That's not too much to ask.  Are you saying everyone you have talked to on this thread is defending Ryan's position on vaccines?

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Well Tom Ryan doesn't consult medical experts to form his opinion. Why would any one else? By not shutting that B.S. down its actually a bad thing.

So you must spend an awful lot of each day with Tom Ryan to know who he talks to/what he reads and who/what he doesn't  Interesting.

11 minutes ago, PABuck said:

Yes, Dr. Humphries has written other books and she knows her stuff.

The point being is that there are experts on both sides... it is not a black and white, case closed issue as you and a couple other here have suggested. Ryan's views are pretty main stream in the sense that many people, possibly a majority, including a significant number of medical professionals, would agree with him.

If you like peer-reviewed scientific studies that show the risks associated with vaccination then check out the other link in my previous post!

She knows here stuff.... its just contrary to 90% of the medical field. There may be experts on both sides, but they are not equally weighted. After tons of research, the vast majority say vaccines are safe. Presenting it as if there are two sides and both are equal is irresponsible. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4669673/“90 % of medical scientists agree that vaccines are safe and that all parents should be required to vaccinate their children” and yet 45% of average Americans think there may be something not safe about vaccines. That is the result of normalizing an antivaxxers opinion and framing it as if the two sides are equal when they are not at all. 

45% percent of people viewing it this way is not a bragging point in your favor. Those are people who are not actually educated on the topic.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

For you to know who you are talking about/to.  That's not too much to ask.  Are you saying everyone you have talked to on this thread is defending Ryan's position on vaccines?

Yeah I will start keeping posters on a forums names in my rolodex. This is a weak attempt at trying to discredit me.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So you must spend an awful lot of each day with Tom Ryan to know who he talks to/what he reads and who/what he doesn't  Interesting.

Well he didn't in this case. Did he reference a study? No he actually posted a video from youtube that accused vaccines of causing autism that has since been taken down. 

16 minutes ago, PABuck said:

People survived 100's of thousands of years without vaccines, just fine.

yeah, they also had to deal with things like the plague which killed 25 millions and the spanish flu which killed 50 million. I wouldn't call that "just fine". There were definitely some bumps in the road along the way.

Just now, russelscout said:

Yeah I will start keeping posters on a forums names in my rolodex. This is a weak attempt at trying to discredit me.

How is asking who you are referring to with "you all" trying to discredit you?  Asking you to clarify "you all" is a question in no way related to your claim of Ryan's character because his view is different than yours, so how is that trying to discredit you?  It's just simply asking who you are talking to.  it can't be simply anyone on this thread you have talked to, because not everyone you have talked to has defended Ryan's stance on vaccines.  So I'm just trying to clear up who "you all" is.  Want to make sure I have the right group of people.

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Well he didn't in this case. Did he reference a study? No he actually posted a video from youtube that accused vaccines of causing autism that has since been taken down. 

I just find it interesting that you know for absolute exactly how he comes to his viewpoints.  You are fascinating to me.

Edited by Lurker

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How is asking who you are referring to with "you all" trying to discredit you?  Asking you to clarify "you all" is a question in no way related to your claim of Ryan's character because his view is different than yours, so how is that trying to discredit you?  It's just simply asking who you are talking to.  it can't be simply anyone on this thread you have talked to, because not everyone you have talked to has defended Ryan's stance on vaccines.  So I'm just trying to clear up who "you all" is.  Want to make sure I have the right group of people.

Well I would say the initial questions was not, but now that you have been running with that same question as if it is outrageous that I don't have everyones name remembered that has either quoted me or I have responded to, it seems like you are trying to discredit me. 

I hate to suggest this, because I know how sensitive you are, but if you actually want to see what group of people I am talking to then just go back and look. Its not hard.

I don't know I didn't see the video.  I just find it interesting that you know for absolute exactly how he comes to his viewpoints.  You are fascinating to me.

look at his old twitter. the video was taken off of youtube. 

Well I would say the initial questions was not, but now that you have been running with that same question as if it is outrageous that I don't have everyones name remembered that has either quoted me or I have responded to, it seems like you are trying to discredit me. 

I hate to suggest this, because I know how sensitive you are, but if you actually want to see what group of people I am talking to then just go back and look. Its not hard.

look at his old twitter. the video was taken off of youtube. 

It may not be hard, but it seems like it would be easier to, you know, actually know who you are talking to....just a thought.

Not to discredit you, but to see if you actually know who you are talking to, or if you just group anyone who has a counter to your statement into one clump of people and one form of belief.  Seems you have answered that question here. Thank you.

Edited by Lurker

It may not be hard, but it seems like it would be easier to, you know, actually know who you are talking to....just a thought.

Is this supposed to change my mind about Tom Ryan being an anti vaxxer? I am not sure what you are trying to get at here.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Is this supposed to change my mind about Tom Ryan being an anti vaxxer? I am not sure what you are trying to get at here.

No it isn't.  I don't care what your opinions about vaccines are, or whether or not you agree with his position on vaccines.  Read, you should be able to figure out........right?

Edited by Lurker

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No it isn't.  I don't care what your opinions about vaccines are.  Read, you should be able to figure out........right?

all you care about is if I know posters names? I didnt off hand, no, can we stop with that back in forth or did you actually have a point to make? Thats a really dumb point to make. 

all you care about is if I know posters names? I didnt off hand, no, can we stop with that back in forth or did you actually have a point to make? Thats a really dumb point to make. 

I told you why I was asking. And yes we can stop.  You've answered whether you realize it or not.

Edited by Lurker