nhs67

Kerkvliet has entered the transfer portal...

When I was in 9th grade, there was a beautiful 8th grade girl named Carol.  She was a soccer stat and all the guys on the team were drooling over here.  First she dated my friend Brian.  Then she suddenly dumped him to date my friend Ray.  Then, one day, I saw her standing by the practice field wearing my warm-up.  For about three weeks, I had the most beautiful girlfriend in the school.  I was certain I was special and that it wouldn't happen to me.  And then, quite suddenly, she stopped talking to me and moved on to another guy.  Lesson learned--she was just a flirt.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

So unless Kerkviliet goes to OSU, he's gonna commit to 3 places before wrestling a match? Not very flattering.

I doubt he cares much about that after the first few transfers.  The kid should go to the place that's best for achieving his goal of winning NCAA, World and Olympic championships.

1 hour ago, AZ_wrestling said:

This along with the Gable news makes HW a lot less interesting this year. Maybe Parris can pose a legitimate challenge to Cassar.

You forget that Cassiopi ragdolled Parris last they wrestled?

5 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Like I said in my last post I think Parris has gotten considerably better in the last year. He probably had a steeper learning curve than most. 

I agree. I saw that after.

I am hoping he jumped levels, for sure.

We'll see.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

You forget that Cassiopi ragdolled Parris last they wrestled?

I said this about this time last year that Parris’ learning/development curve is much higher than any of these other HWT’s. Couple that with being with Bormet, I could see him catching any of these guys. 

Just now, Lurker said:

I said this about this time last year that Parris’ learning/development curve is much higher than any of these other HWT’s. Couple that with being with Bormet, I could see him catching any of these guys. 

Add in size. Bormet has said he's much bigger and stronger than when NCAAs rolled around.

I might be touching the third rail here, but I think Ryan has built a mono-culture at tOSU.   The whole positive infinity stuff is a veiled nod to a right wing Christian culture.  You have a 4X NCAA Champ and World Champ in your stable and he isn't the ORTC head coach?  While I think Trevel is a decent coach, why isn't Stieber the HC at the ORTC?  I think it is because Trevel and Ryan share the same views and Stieber does not.  Throw in JJ who I don't think he buys into the religion stuff either but is such an Ohio guy, I think he puts up with a lot of stuff.  I get that Snyder has bought into this stuff and don't think he left because of it, but I think it turns a lot of potential recruits off.   Turning to Cael, a guy who was at least raised in a religious family, seldom mentions religion, if at all.  When you go to the house of Cael, you get nothing but wrestling.  When you go to the house of Ryan, it is a mix of wrestling, lifestyle, religion, etc.

2 hours ago, ThorsteinV said:

He saw how much fun it was training with Nickal at U23s and decided to transfer. No telling where he ends up ;) 

That FUN thing works for Penn State. :-)

Now having said that, Kerkvliet being out moves Cassioppi 1 spot. More points for Iowa. 

Edited by TBar1977

9 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

I might be touching the third rail here, but I think Ryan has built a mono-culture at tOSU.   The whole positive infinity stuff is a veiled nod to a right wing Christian culture.  You have a 4X NCAA Champ and World Champ in your stable and he isn't the ORTC head coach?  While I think Trevel is a decent coach, why isn't Stieber the HC at the ORTC?  I think it is because Trevel and Ryan share the same views and Stieber does not.  Throw in JJ who I don't think he buys into the religion stuff either but is such an Ohio guy, I think he puts up with a lot of stuff.  I get that Snyder has bought into this stuff and don't think he left because of it, but I think it turns a lot of potential recruits off.   Turning to Cael, a guy who was at least raised in a religious family, seldom mentions religion, if at all.  When you go to the house of Cael, you get nothing but wrestling.  When you go to the house of Ryan, it is a mix of wrestling, lifestyle, religion, etc.

If Snyder didn't take some losses in the past three years I doubt he goes anywhere.