nhs67

Kerkvliet has entered the transfer portal...

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Read what I said again. I didnt quote anyone. 

"I dont blame Kerkvliet for thinking he would be better off somewhere else or not wanting to deal with Tom Ryans personality." 

You are saying he is thinking he is better off somewhere else or not wanting to deal with Ryan's personality. So when did he express this was his thinking? Or is this speculation disguised as fact? 

Edited by Idaho

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Is a coach who is an anti vaxxer a good example?

Will you start in on Fluoridation of water being a Commie Plot next?

We have Coaches who believe American Indians are really Israelites.

A good coach is a good coach - even with some crazy personal beliefs.

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

"I dont blame Kerkvliet for thinking he would be better off somewhere else or not wanting to deal with Tom Ryans personality." 

You are saying he is thinking he is better off somewhere else or not wanting to deal with Ryan's personality. So when did he express this was his thinking? Or is this speculation disguised as fact? 

Once again, no quote. I dont know where I disguised anything. 

35 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Will you start in on Fluoridation of water being a Commie Plot next?

We have Coaches who believe American Indians are really Israelites.

A good coach is a good coach - even with some crazy personal beliefs.

Thats true, but maybe thats a good reason for why coaches arent always great examples and shouldnt be pushing their religion or any other backwardass beliefs. 

Edited by russelscout

Just now, russelscout said:

Once again, no quote. I dont know where I disguised anything. 

Exactly - no quote to back up your belief - but yet you say that Kerkvliet doesn't want to deal with Tom Ryan's personality.  Simply put,  you cannot prove this is Kerk's belief until he actually says it himself. Until then it's a speculation of what he believes to further your narrative. Maybe he will say it later maybe not. But stop putting words in peoples mouths to further a narrative about Tom Ryan. 

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Exactly - no quote to back up your belief - but yet you say that Kerkvliet doesn't want to deal with Tom Ryan's personality.  Simply put,  you cannot prove this is Kerk's belief until he actually says it himself. Until then it's a speculation of what he believes to further your narrative. Maybe he will say it later maybe not. But stop putting words in peoples mouths to further a narrative about Tom Ryan. 

Well Tom Ryan isnt keeping him there is he? Maybe he never said that directly, but a little conjecture on my part doesnt make me wrong either.

Edited by russelscout

11 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

With the amount of resources at tOSU, they should be there or better. 

This is just goofy, as are many of your comments in this thread.  In others you have made much better arguments.

Two things on the religion issue:  from a Constitutional standpoint, you don’t understand that it doesn’t preclude religion in state sponsored activities.  I will stop there because I don’t have time to explain it all.  Second, maybe a lot of wrestlers have religion as their priority and until Liberty or Notre Dame come back as powerhouses Ryan’s personal story, a great one if you ever listen, is appealing.

You must not be a TOSU fan as you also fail to recognize history.  TOSU was in no mans land before Ryan.  He WAS the top up and coming coach.  He did great things at Hofstra.  He has created a fantastic winning culture at TOSU.  J has also been very important.  Ryan has repeatedly shown gratitude for what he and Stieber have meant to the success.

Another sign of a good coach is creating good opportunities for assistants, as was done with Lou.  I would love to have Lou back but it isn’t like he was the only good coach because he surely hasn’t turned OK around like Ryan did at TOSU.

It will be interesting to see what Kyle does after being at NLWC.  I was impressed at what Nickel did at U23 and he is wrestling a style different than what he did in college.  Very Cael like now.  Can that coaching translate to Kyle?  Tervel was great for Kyle per Kyle.  I think this will actually backfire on him but hope it doesn’t.

TOSU is in a great spot with Ryan.  Other than Cael, I wouldn’t want any other coach.

Edited by Sstern

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Well Tom Ryan isnt keeping him there is he. Maybe he never said that directly, but a little conjecture on my part doesnt make me wrong either.

I think everyone knows it's more about Snyder leaving than Ryan keeping him there. 

Edited by Idaho

16 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I was responding to someone saying that coaches are examples for the kids they coach. That seems relevant to me.

Someone’s position on vaccinations is somewhat relevant to whether or not he is a good leader of student athletes, so much that it takes priority of other attributes of being a good leader. 

If I’m understanding you correctly, wow. If I’m not, Thank god. 

Edited by Lurker

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Someone’s position on vaccinations is somewhat relevant to whether or not he is a good leader of student athletes, so much that it takes priority of other attributes of being a good leader. 

If I’m understanding you correctly, wow. If I’m not, Thank god. 

I am not rallying on the idea that people shouldnt be coached by Tom Ryan because of his anti vaxxer position. I am saying that I think that makes him a poor example. This comment was directed at WillieBoy's comment on the last page. If you are looking for the context of my statement, check there.

Edited by russelscout

38 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I am not rallying on the idea that people shouldnt be coached by Tom Ryan because of his anti vaxxer position. I am saying that I think that makes him a poor example. This comment was directed at WillieBoy's comment on the last page. If you are looking for the context of my statement, check there.

I saw it. I understand what you are saying. Strongly disagree that makes him a poor example, or a good example either for that matter. But each their own. Just making sure I was understanding you correctly. 

24 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I saw it. I understand what you are saying. Strongly disagree that makes him a poor example, or a good example either for that matter. But each their own. Just making sure I was understanding you correctly. 

Yeah, the anti vaxxer stance is actually dangerous and hurts people based on misconceptions. People who take that stance and then openly defend it on social media hurt the country. I dont believe those people should be looked up to. Ability to make solid judgments is part of your character. In Tom's case, it is a flaw and a large one at that.

23 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, the anti vaxxer stance is actually dangerous and hurts people based on misconceptions. People who take that stance and then openly defend it on social media hurt the country. I dont believe those people should be looked up to. Ability to make solid judgments is part of your character. In Tom's case, it is a flaw and a large one at that.

Wow 

52 minutes ago, russelscout said:

You cool with role models taking anti-science stances that hurt people and openly pushing those beliefs on social media? Wow

I like to think more of it as having an open mind and if I were to judge people or the job they’re doing/whether or not I think they are a good leader,  I would look more at the entire picture rather then pick out a detail or two I don’t agree with. But again, to each their own. 

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He's 100% right, anti-vax is dangerous to the country.  You can tell because, ya know, measles are back.

Just because easily preventable and previously thought to be eradicated diseases are coming back with a vengeance and killing innocent children and people with compromised immune systems doesn't necessarily mean they're back because of the anti-vax movement. It could also just be god's will. There's really no way of knowing if something is good or bad. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I like to think more of it as having an open mind and if I were to judge people or the job they’re doing/whether or not I think they are a good leader,  I would look more at the entire picture rather then pick out a detail or two I don’t agree with. But again, to each their own. 

Open minded thinking is cool and all when it doesnt affect the lives of others. Should antivaxxers consience be clean when people die as a result of their rhetoric? Tolerance has its limits.

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Just because easily preventable and previously thought to be eradicated diseases are coming back with a vengeance and killing innocent children and people with compromised immune systems doesn't necessarily mean they're back because of the anti-vax movement. It could also just be god's will. There's really no way of knowing if something is good or bad. 

Is this real or satire? I can never tell these days.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Open minded thinking is cool and all when it doesnt affect the lives of others. Should antivaxxers consience be clean when people die as a result of their rhetoric? Tolerance has its limits.

I didn’t realize he was having this type of impact on the 19-24 year olds he is working with. In fact I didn’t realize people had died due to what Tom Ryan and his thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I didn’t realize he was having this type of impact on the 19-24 year olds he is working with. In fact I didn’t realize people had died due to what Tom Ryan and his thoughts. 

So whats the line? 1 coach spreading antivaxxer stuff? 5? How many should I be cool with and look the other way? Also just because no one has died yet directly from it doesnt mean its not wrong.  

The whold discussion was based on him as a role model to his athletes. This is a flaw to his character. You are now trying to deny that its a responsibility of his and he has no influence on athletes of college age?