Sign in to follow this  
Erminio8

Transfer Portal

Who's currently in the portal? Is there a way to see it?

Please reply if you know anyone in it. 

Eierman - Iowa

Kerkvliet - PSU

Busiello - PSU

D. Winston

S. Turner

J. Mattox

B. Teske - No. Iowa

P. Lipari - Rider

C. Davidson - Nebraska

Edited by Erminio8

18 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

???

It exists but your posts liked ratio has to be 50% or higher for access, plus a nominal fee. It’s worth it. This week’s interview with Steveson regarding his situation justified the expense. 

That's just mean to tease everyone like that and get their hopes up

22 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Been some week for the transfer portal, between Busiello, Kerkvliet, and Saylor all entering it...

It would appear that if you enter the transfer portal it means you will be at PSU. Willie has always been there but now it's official.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:19 PM, SamStall365247 said:

They ran on article on him on the platinum members page last month. Maybe I can screen shot it. 

Damned if I can find any mat.com platinum membership. Any idea where that would be? Or is that just pulling our leg?

Peter Lipari, NQ at 141 last year but beaten by JoJo Aragona in Rutgers wrestleoff

https://www.onthebanks.com/2019/11/12/20961660/breaking-peter-lipari-to-enter-transfer-portal-rutgers-wrestling

Not sure how he thinks he's going to get a 6th year, he's wrestled at least 18 matches in each of his 3 seasons of competition, unless he's talking about sitting the rest of this year?

Edited by 1032004

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Peter Lipari, NQ at 141 last year but beaten by JoJo Aragona in Rutgers wrestleoff

https://www.onthebanks.com/2019/11/12/20961660/breaking-peter-lipari-to-enter-transfer-portal-rutgers-wrestling

Not sure how he thinks he's going to get a 6th year, he's wrestled at least 18 matches in each of his 3 seasons of competition, unless he's talking about sitting the rest of this year?

Well he can probably wrestle second half of this season, right?  He also didn't compete in 2017 so maybe he can get a waiver there and wrestle his 6th next season.  

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Aragona is 5-1, not 3-0. The article was published after he wrestled all 6 matches. 

I feel a bit bad for Lipari. I was excited to see him this season. He dramatically improved over the course of last season and has some solid wins and close losses to good guys. 

Couldn’t he make the lineup at 149? Weird decision. He is very unlikely to get a 6th year. Maybe he knows that, but is in the transfer portal anyways. He can still try to win the spot while in the portal. Rutgers doesn’t have to wrestle him though

1 hour ago, taylor said:

I have heard that Sam Turner is also in the portal... 

That sucks. He is probably the best guy on the team. 

He will be a great pickup. He has steadily improved. 
He has gone from NQ (0-2), to R16 (2-2, both losses to AAs Kaid Brock and Mitch McKee), to this season. 

52 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Well he can probably wrestle second half of this season, right?  He also didn't compete in 2017 so maybe he can get a waiver there and wrestle his 6th next season.  

Yeah I guess I was assuming he'd try to transfer for 2nd semester this year then wrestle the rest of the season.   He did compete in 3 other seasons though.    Yes interestingly the Rutgers website does not list any of his years as redshirt years but just includes no data for 2016-2017.  Wrestlestat seems to somewhat list 2015-2016 as a redshirt year, so maybe they know something we don't.   But if 2015-2016 was not a redshirt year, he did only have 1 competition after the new year so maybe that's the year he's trying to get back.

Edited by 1032004

2 hours ago, taylor said:

I have heard that Sam Turner is also in the portal... 

43 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

That sucks. He is probably the best guy on the team. 

He will be a great pickup. He has steadily improved. 
He has gone from NQ (0-2), to R16 (2-2, both losses to AAs Kaid Brock and Mitch McKee), to this season. 

Big loss for the Pokes.  Wish him the best, he is good enough to AA.  Still, Montorie Bridges is the most proven guy on that team.