Jake Boyd (OU) from 285 to 184!  I knew he was undersized last year, but damn!  Also, first look at Tommy Hoskins in awhile.   True freshman Sam Dover is down at 149.  Guess he is probably going for that spot.

Edited by LemonPie

He didn’t wrestle at the green and white match week either ...Did he wrestle his true freshman year or did he redshirt?

I think he wrestled as a true freshman, I remember he was hurt for ncaas this year and junior trials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

No Ravon Foley. The season of teams being secret about entries begins!

It's been known he wasn't entering this weekend.

Flo, The Rundown, Bloodround have all said it on their podcasts.

A few notes:

Buffalo, Central Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Michigan, Northern Illinois, Ohio State, Ohio, Oklahoma, Penn, Pitt, and Purdue have all sent their Varsity squad, more or less.

It appears they seeded these, and placed guys from the same school as far from each other as they could in the brackets.

Tough as nails in every OPEN weight class.

Kind of 'meh' semis/finals predictions.  Obviously a bit biased as a fan towards some of these wrestlers.

125-
Hildebrandt over Heinselman
Colaiocco over Moody
Finals: Hildebrandt over Colaiocoo

133-
Phillipi over Piotrowski
Spann over Pepple
Finals: Phillipi over Spann

*Note-Kinner-tOSU VS Assad-UofM has me frothing at the mouth.

141-
Demas over Mattin
Pletcher over Duncan
Finals: Pletcher over Demas

*As a state of Michigan homer... Drew Mattin-UofM VS Drew Marten-CMU is a match I have wanted to see for two years now.  Very happy to see that R2. Freeman-UofM, Duncan-UI and Laney-Ohio are three gents to keep an eye on as well.

149-
Storr over Hayes
Sasso over Lamantia
Finals: Sasso over Storr

157-
Lewan over Cleary
Artalona over Thomas
Finals: Lewan over Artalona

165-
Smith over Braunagel
Amine over Kharchila
Finals: Amine over Smith

174:
Jordan over Lydy
Gunther over Malczewksi
Jordan over Gunther

184:
Bonaccorsi over Wilson
Hoffman over Embree
Finals: Bonaccorsi over Hoffman

197:
Moore over Wilton
Davison over Woodley
Finals: Moore over Davison

285: 
Stencel over Jones
Parris over Thomas
Finals: Parris over Stencel

1 hour ago, LemonPie said:

Quinn Kinner made 133 pounds.  Interesting

Could have a phillipi kinner quarterfinal, kinner is tough of top I think his style should translate well to college especially down at 133 if the cut isn’t to much he could knock off some good guys this year 

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

141-
Demas over Mattin
Pletcher over Duncan
Finals: Pletcher over Demas

*As a state of Michigan homer... Drew Mattin-UofM VS Drew Marten-CMU is a match I have wanted to see for two years now.  Very happy to see that R2. Freeman-UofM, Duncan-UI and Laney-Ohio are three gents to keep an eye on as well.

Is your psuedonym Kentucky Mudflap? Fess up!

5 minutes ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

anyone have info on why Joey Silva is not wrestling? Recent writeups dont mention him and Track shows him as ineligible for the Michigan Roster

If I was a betting man on guesses, they're likely trying to get him to cert for 133, unless it is injury related.  They are set on redshirtting Mattin currently, however said that 133 was undetermined yet, so they may remove his shirt and throw him there.

The goal is/was:
125-Medley until Assad makes the weight
133-Assad, yet clarified as undetermined since Assad is making the drop
141-Freeman

No mention of Silva tells me that 133 is his, so they're trying to appropriately do the cert that way so he can make it in a timely fashion.

Projected starter for UofM, Reese Hughes, over Ethan Smith, of THE Ohio State University, in the 1st round, via Decision 6-4.  Match was very entertaining, from a fan perspective, and encouraging from a Michigan perspective.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Projected starter for UofM, Reese Hughes, over Ethan Smith, of THE Ohio State University, in the 1st round, via Decision 6-4.  Match was very entertaining, from a fan perspective, and encouraging from a Michigan perspective.

One of the Decatur's lost, I think Jacob. Also, Will Lewan won a 6-5 match with Silva from IU. Closer than I expected.