brickhousey

MSU open

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

One would think, but maybe additional stall points? I don't know. 

Going to have to watch it. Switched over to a different mat when he was down 10-0.

I also somehow missed the entire Karchla-Amine match.

Disappointed.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Going to have to watch it. Switched over to a different mat when he was down 10-0.

I also somehow missed the entire Karchla-Amine match.

Disappointed.

Great match-excited we get to watch those 2 for the next 4-5 years. For a 3-2 match, there was a good amount of action and scoring attempts. Kharchla is just a little better on his feet right now but they are close. 

7 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Embree edged Caffey in the 184 semis to even their personal series to 1-1.  It will be fun to watch them over the next 3 years.

Zac Braunagle majored Caffey in a consolation semi. Danny Braunagle beat Cam Amine, also in a consolation semi. Didn't Cam Amine make that San Marino World team and win a couple of matches at Worlds? Is my memory correct on that?

Edited by TBar1977

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Zac Braunagle majored Caffey in a consolation semi. Danny Braunagle beat Cam Amine, also in a consolation semi. Didn't Cam Amine make that San Marino World team and win a couple of matches at Worlds? Is my memory correct on that?

That was miles and Malik amine. Cam is the youngest brother 

Cam's older brother Jordan came through a year before Malik(the one who graduated last year and wrestled 149). Malik and Myles wrestled for Detroit Catholic Central, much like Cam, however they're all from Brighton(where Jordan wrestled).

If you search out the Bloodround Podcast, they did an interview with Myles/Malik's father a month or two ago. Check their playlist(it is in the title). He talks about it a bit.

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Really? I don’t know enough about the amines to disagree lol the whole family has pretty much wrestled for Michigan right ? 

Pretty much.  Mike Amine was AA back in the 1980s (second to Mike VanArsdale), and his sons are Myles and Malik.  

Sam Amine is Mike's younger brother, and also wrestled back in the late 1980s.  His sons are Jordan and Cam.

4 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Pretty much.  Mike Amine was AA back in the 1980s (second to Mike VanArsdale), and his sons are Myles and Malik.  

Sam Amine is Mike's younger brother, and also wrestled back in the late 1980s.  His sons are Jordan and Cam.

They should dual the Jordan family before the next Ohio state Michigan match