Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

So much for the speculation about Stanford and 133 lbs

Earlier this year, as recently as just a month or so ago, many seemed dubious that Dalton Young or Brandon Kier could make the drop to 133 lbs.  Yet both of them are competing today at the Citadel tournament at 133 lbs.  Young won his first match this morning by FALL in 2:05 over a P. Corwin (Unattached) and Kier won his first match this morning by MD (11-0) over H. Campbell of Duke.

It APPEARS that Brandon Kier will be Stanford's starter at 133 lbs.   I write that here because Kier finished in 3rd place at the Citadel tournament yesterday and Dalton Young finished 6th.  Also they had three common opponents and Kier appeared to do better against them.

Common opponents for Kier and Young at the Citadel tournament yesterday:

Kier won by MD (10-2) over Jake Rotunda of The Citadel and Young lost 7-1 against Rotunda

Kier went 1-1 vs Kai Orine of North Carolina State - first losing to Orine 10-3 and then beating Orine (for 3rd place) 3-1 in SV OT.  Young lost to Orine 8-3

Kier beat Harrison Campbell of Duke by MD (11-0) and Young pinned Campbell

Kier went 5-1 at The Citadel tournament and Young went 3-2.

Just now, Gantry said:

Hey man I'm all for it.  More threads about other teams and less threads where the same 5 people go tit for tat ad nauseam about PSU/Iowa/tOSU/Cornell 

and anti vax vs pro vax.  That 'discussion' has now become an argument about nomenclature.  

Apparently these three twits can't comprehend that OTHERS are going to post messages on forums that THEY have an interest in - even if it is a topic that the twits have no interest.  

But thanks to these three for making it clear that they are exactly the sort of twits I'm referring to here.    As the old saying goes - it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.  These three have removed all doubt. 

Edited by Bronco
correction

41 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Apparently these three twits can't comprehend that OTHERS are going to post messages on forums that THEY have an interest in - even if it is a topic that the twits have no interest.  

But thanks to these three for making it clear that they are exactly the sort of twits I'm referring to here.    As the old saying goes - it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.  These three have removed all doubt. 

Ok, Mr. Young

Edited by LemonPie

46 minutes ago, Bronco said:

What three twits?

Thank you for the thread Mr Kier. You were right, the speculation of Stanford’s 133 dilemma had run rampant, appreciate your sorting it all out for us.

oh ya... go ahead and make me twit #4. Trust me, there’s more coming....

Edited by Aviator12

Is this the thread you're referring to, @Bronco?

I don't see why or where the term dubious would come in to play when discussing the drop of those two.  You said precisely that they would likely drop, or were more likely, and I don't see anywhere where anyone disagrees. It actually turns into a thread about ASU, Shields, and Hidlay, more or less.

133, aside for you, was only mentioned twice.  Once by me, when I said that I imagine a a guy or two would drop(I was 100% correct and by @Idaho, where he said Young dropping would make their lineup tougher(he was 100% correct). You saying that those two dropping(you were 100% correct).

At no place in that thread does anyone seem as if they're doubting that either of those two could/would make it or their abilities once they did make it.

FTR-I hope Kier can make some noise if he gets the nod for the entirety of his senior campaign.  Aside for his first four matches his freshman year at 133, he has been at 141, amassing a record of 18-25(until this year).  Seeing a senior go out on a high note is always something I enjoy witnessing.

Currently wrestlestat has him rated as the #80 133lber in the nation.  A lot of that is that he hasn't wrestle a lot in his 4 year career.  I'm unsure of his health history, but I also know that Stanford doesn't exactly attend a lot of opens on the regular.