WillieBoy

Penn State - only one tournament?

On 11/4/2019 at 3:15 AM, lost said:

How many matches are PSU guys going to have this year?? 15?  The schedule looks incredibly light... Not saying its the wrong thing for the wrestlers (it might be the best strategy) but its disappointing as a fan to not see them against other top competition.

Have you looked at thier road schedule? AZ ST, Lehigh, Neb, Iowa, Wisc, Minn. I'd say they are top competitors.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Well... it's really not that big of a change.  All they did was take 1 event off of their schedule.  Last year they had 14 duals, Keystone Classic, and Southern Scuffle.  This year they have 14 duals and the Army Invite.  Hard to blame them for not wanting to show up at the Scuffle with a skeleton squad.  

I don't think people would freak out too much if Kansas skipped the Maui Invitational one year.  

Their schedule was already light relative to other top teams.  Now they aren't competing in a single competitive tournament until big tens.  They'll have a few good duals against marquee teams that are basically a forced competition due to conference rules and other than that wrestle ~12 cupcake matches.  I won't question the most dominant team of all time on what works for the wrestlers, but I can say as a fan it blows.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Their schedule was already light relative to other top teams.  Now they aren't competing in a single competitive tournament until big tens.  They'll have a few good duals against marquee teams that are basically a forced competition due to conference rules and other than that wrestle ~12 cupcake matches.  I won't question the most dominant team of all time on what works for the wrestlers, but I can say as a fan it blows.

Oklahoma State and Iowa... maybe?

4 hours ago, lost said:

.  I won't question the most dominant team of all time on what works for the wrestlers, but I can say as a fan it blows.

Never been out of PA or still in high school?

or perhaps you are just 'lost' ... ;)

Edited by ionel

3 hours ago, lost said:

Plenty of their wrestlers will be at NYAC and the Open. It isn't like they are not competing.