Lurker

Willie at Flo

This separation perhaps a good thing for Saylor, definitely a bad thing for Flo. Willie's gimmick/character can be irksome and some of his politics/opinions spurs disagreement but, in my humble opinion, he's not just a loudmouth. Gotta give credit where it's due. When one looks past the gimmick it's easy to see good qualities such as his responsiveness to feedback, his diplomatic demeanor on this forum, his love for HS wrestling, his vision for wrestling as a lucrative venture, his willingness to 'embrace the grind' when it comes to rankings. Surely this list of good qualities is not exhaustive! I bet a lot of Flo's admirable involvement in experimentation comes from Willie's ideas. Flo would do well to have more personnel like Willie and fewer personnel like some other folks there.

Edited by jon

Unfortunate.

From an entertainment perspective FRL is fixing to nosedive. They have lost more than half their personality in the two people who have left the show.

@Husker_Du

Thank you for any and all you have done.

Please enlighten us as to the plan going forward. Perhaps a weekly Podcast is in order for your own for a bit?

Willie was really hot and cold for me. I enjoyed some of his work and he had amazing high school wrestling sources. But he also was extremely stubborn and at times unprofessional. I think Flo will miss him, but I don’t think there are many “Willie fans” that are going to cancel Flo just because he left. 

Edited by goheels1812

44 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Interesting he just blurted it out on twitter as opposed to having a coordinated announcement with Flo..... 

Well he abruptly quit opening weekend of the college season lol I doubt the powers that be at Flo are happy 

I didn’t hate Willie but I think he needs Flo more than Flo needs him.  Weren’t a lot of his “connections” because he worked for Flo?

He is also often pretty unprofessional on social media which I bet Flo wasn’t too happy about.  

2 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Good or bad for Flo? I say good, he always lacked professionalism. 

IMO good. Some fresh blood that is more professional is a better long term plan for Flo. I actually like David Bray. I hope they get him more involved.

Edited by russelscout