Lurker

Willie at Flo

Willie's social-media postings have got to be the least of Flo social-media problems. Willie's professionalism (or lack thereof) has got to be the least of Flo professionalism problems. I 'get' the critique in this thread. But still I say Willie far ahead of current Flo """journalists""", far ahead of current Flo social-media persons, quite likely far ahead of future Flo live-events persons. Isn't it true that much? all? of the WNO growth comes from Willie's stewardship? FloWrestling becoming even more barren.

Edited by jon

Definitely hurts Flo. Willie was the mastermind behind WNO, the big boards, Flonats and was very knowledgeable about High School Wrestling. Honestly, not sure if there is anyone out there with his knowledge base. 

I liked how CP and Willie complimented each other with different takes and views. Hopefully they can find someone who can fill the void. 

Curious to see what Willie does next. 

50 minutes ago, OBXWrestler said:

Definitely hurts Flo. Willie was the mastermind behind WNO, the big boards, Flonats and was very knowledgeable about High School Wrestling.

The people that are behind the great ideas initially, and the people who take it to the next level are ussually not the same people. I think it may take someone else to bring WNO to where it could be.

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

The people that are behind the great ideas initially, and the people who take it to the next level are ussually not the same people. I think it may take someone else to bring WNO to where it could be.

This is true. 

To proclaim you are the greatest mind in wresting in a room full of type A wrestling guys was bold (tongue and cheek I get), but come on.  I have always been a huge fan of Flo and have paid for nearly 6-7 year now (an will continue to do so), but I think Track is hot on their heels.  Flo needs some personalities with some real D1 and international experience.  CP, Nomad, MMal are good as analysts, but you need some color as well.  I hope Huskerdu and Flo the best regardless. 

2 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

You’re right. I feel like he adds value more to high school, but not to college. High school is more of his thing. 

I agree that it's his strength, but it's also the basis for Flo's success in my opinion.  Flo really was smart to center their coverage around HS wrestling with technique wave, who's number 1, the many events they cover, and their HS rankings.  A large part was likely due to Willie, and if so he deserves a lot of credit for Flo's growth.  The fact is that there are way more high school wrestlers and parents than there are college wrestling fans. Getting the HS wrestlers sucked into Flo because it made them better wrestlers from the technique videos and looking for people they knew on the rankings then exposed them to the college content and turned them into fans.  

I'm curious to see what he does next

Edited by Billyhoyle

5 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Unless he didn't really quit.

Yes, if it was amicable, Flo would have made the  announcement. Looks to me like he quit in a huff or was fired and marched out the door.

Why the separation? Was it the distance? His delivery? The new Flo logo??

Whatever the case, it’ll be nice to see him chime in here as a wrestling fan rather than having to defend Flo all the time. 

7 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

Bad. He’s the one with most of the connections. The rest of the guys are just nerds. 

True. alot of them do look like nerds. Does anybody really believe Pyles, Spey, or nomad actually wrestled ? I'm guessing they weren't pretty good if they did or they lied and said they did.

Edited by alliseeisgold

1 hour ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Britt Malinsky has the perfect voice for a silent movie. Don't think he'll be starting a podcast anytime soon...

There's nothing worse than the generic NPR voice that puts you to sleep.  Give it a try, people like voices with character!

1 hour ago, alliseeisgold said:

True. alot of them do look like nerds. Does anybody really believe Pyles, Spey, or nomad actually wrestled ? I'm guessing they weren't pretty good if they did or they lied and said they did.

read it and weep, fool

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek