Lurker

Willie at Flo

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Oh nice, do they have the big ten duals? 

Lol. Right now? Nope. With some luck? Someday! For now BTN products, which have good pricing scheme, provide coverage.

So let me get this straight...  Willie explains he left Flo becuase he felt too much of his work was behind the Flo paywall.  He explains this via a new website that is behind a different paywall?  Is this a joke?  Is there no irony in that?

Edited by matts1w

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

I dont think its good for someone who is the face of high school wrestling to be a constant dipper. That seems small, but from what I have seen, smokeless is an issue with wrestlers. Thats just one thing I guess.

I don’t know if I’d go as far as the face of HS wrestling. More informed than most absolutely! But I don’t know that Adam Sheftler is the face of the NFL. 

1 hour ago, matts1w said:

So let me get this straight...  Willie explains he left Flo becuase he felt too much of his work was behind the Flo paywall.  He explains this via a new website that is behind a different paywall?  Is this a joke?  Is there no irony in that?

I don’t know, did anyone actually pay to see the video?

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What kind of stuff is on there? is it worth $10 a month?

Idk yet if it’s worth the 10 bucks a month but he said he’s gonna have almost daily shows, ranking, articles and I know askren and Burroughs do some stuff on rofkin too

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don’t know if I’d go as far as the face of HS wrestling. More informed than most absolutely! But I don’t know that Adam Sheftler is the face of the NFL. 

A little hyperbole consistent with his own statements like he is the greatest mind in the sport....

Wow, I read through the FAQs of the Rokfin coin.  The whole system is ludicrous, check it out.  

https://www.raetoken.org/faq

Essentially: 

1. We pay Rokfin in dollars to access their website. 

2.  Rokfin pays the people creating content in "RAE Tokens."  I'm not sure how many tokens they are given per video or how that works. 

3.  Rokfin prints RAE tokens every day (about 10,000 are printed every day).  

So in other words, Martin gets paid money and the content creators get RAE tokens.  The problem with that concept is that when the content creators want to cash in their tokens, there won't be anyone to actually buy them, since I am already paying in dollars to access the content so why the heck would I want to buy his made up token. Also, because the tokens are being printed every day (i.e. diluted), only a complete idiot would hold onto the token for an appreciable period of time.  It is essentially a system designed to undergo hyperinflation.  

How does all of that make more sense than Willy simply setting up a patreon where the people interested in his content subscribe and pay him directly in cash?

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Is martin scamming willy?

Willy's video mentioned martin getting squeezed out of flo...

Accepting cash from customers and then paying people in a made up form of currency that you print yourself, while claiming this is better than just paying them directly in cash, is not a legitimate way to conduct business.  Maybe he is also paying Willy a salary to drive subscribers, in which case it's absolutely fair for Willy.  I don't know the details of their arrangement, but the concept listed in that FAQ is nonsense.  I'd like somebody to read the FAQ that I posted and then explain to me how that system makes any sense at all and how content creators are going to sell the made up currency for real money when the supply is inflated every day and there isn't any demand for people to buy it.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

10 hours ago, russelscout said:

A little hyperbole consistent with his own statements like he is the greatest mind in the sport....

Ahhh in that case well played. It slid right over my head...

Edited by Lurker

17 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

They’re actually worthless because nobody would ever want to buy them. The 18 cent value is an artifact or zero trading volume. 

I have no idea what the business model of Rokfin is, but if it’s that viewers pay Martin in cash and he pays the content creators in his made up currency, the whole thing is a scam. So I hope it’s not that.

It’s not a scam if the made up thing has value.  The US government pays its employees in things it made up and that has worked out just fine. It isn’t not uncommon for start up businesses will pay early employees in stock/equity.  That is kind of the same thing.  Those shares are just made up by the company and could be worth somewhere from nothing to a lot more than nothing in the future.  I have no idea if RAE Tokens will be worth closer to nothing in the future or not, but other crypto currencies started with values close to nothing and have increased to a lot more than nothing so the upside for someone like willie could be substantial.

16 hours ago, jon said:

Lol. Right now? Nope. With some luck? Someday! For now BTN products, which have good pricing scheme, provide coverage.

The point Im trying to make is I think when it really comes down to it, people were not going to flo for Nomad or Willies articles. As much as I love wrestling, I seldomly read what they put out unless its recommended to me. For me, and I think most everyone it is all about the live events. Its the only reason I have it. Until Rokfin can produce that, its not a serious threat to flo, even with their pricing model.

23 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

It’s not a scam if the made up thing has value.  The US government pays its employees in things it made up and that has worked out just fine. It isn’t not uncommon for start up businesses will pay early employees in stock/equity.  That is kind of the same thing.  Those shares are just made up by the company and could be worth somewhere from nothing to a lot more than nothing in the future.  I have no idea if RAE Tokens will be worth closer to nothing in the future or not, but other crypto currencies started with values close to nothing and have increased to a lot more than nothing so the upside for someone like willie could be substantial.

There’s a big difference between federalized fiat currency & registered securities (like stock and other types of equity) and RAE tokens which are illiquid and backed by nothing. It’s true that there’s nothing to stop someone from paying others in calcified slices of bread or some other arbitrary currency as long as the receiver finds some material value in it, but that’s also something they need to understand. Don’t try to tell them that you’ll give them a truckload of calcified bread slices under the impression that it’s the cool way to pay and can be readily converted to standard cash at any reasonable rate.

Getting back to the topic though, what’s the relation between RAE tokens and Mat Scouts? Also I’m not a big fan of the crystal ball % stuff either (even the prediction market kind), but there’s a lot of other fertile ground in the world of recruiting - like evals, stats, events, etc.

Edited by pamela

24 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Did you really just compare equity, which provides ownership in a company, to a made up token that provides nothing and nobody has a reason to buy? If they are analogous, why doesn’t Rokfin just pay the content creators in equity? That would be a fair arrangement. 

And yes Nerd, obviously the people who accept that arrangement can’t complain unless they were misled somehow. I’m just pointing out how ludicrous this website is. 

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Summary:

1. Early content creators deserve better payouts than later content creators since we'll build our company off their backs

2. Therefore, they deserve equity upside, not just a one-time cash payment

3. However, we don't want to give out equity so we invented shtcoins called RAE instead