Lurker

Willie at Flo

11 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Is that inherently a negative thing?  If the value is stable and the currency is widely accepted does it make a difference that it's worth less than $0.01/unit?  Although if the value is stable in the long term then it eliminates the upside Rokfin was trying to give to creators.  I'd probably just prefer USD if there was no potential upside. 

Sure, but actually getting it to be widely accepted is  the hard part right?

One other random point going back to the comparison to startup companies and people getting paid little or nothing to start...I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison here.  Floreani already started a company (Flo), so I’m sure he has a decent chunk of cash which he could certainly use to pay people if he wanted.   Paying them in a currency he also created is weird, to say the least.

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Sure, but actually getting it to be widely accepted is  the hard part right?

One other random point going back to the comparison to startup companies and people getting paid little or nothing to start...I’m not sure that’s a fair comparison here.  Floreani already started a company (Flo), so I’m sure he has a decent chunk of cash which he could certainly use to pay people if he wanted.   Paying them in a currency he also created is weird, to say the least.

Aren't Chael Sonnon and Askren very involved in this deal? I know Askren is very interested crypto. 

27 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Aren't Chael Sonnon and Askren very involved in this deal? I know Askren is very interested crypto. 

Askren appears to be somewhat active on there, but looks like all Sonnen did was upload 6 videos and hasn’t uploaded any since July.

1 minute ago, jstock said:

Curious how a contributor pats taxes on their earned income paid in crypto currency?

Simple. In dollar terms, either as ordinary income (or loss) if you liquidate it within a year or as a capital gain (or loss) if you do so thereafter. I’m simplifying things a little by assuming Askren, Willie, Sonnen, et al aren’t trading the shtcoins actively like day or swing traders.