Sign in to follow this  
Mad Santa

Kennedy Monday

Just got stuck at the end of the 3rd in the South East Open finals when it was 3-3. Looked quite a bit sluggish and disinterested in the match. 

Does he/the rest of the roster typically have cardio issues in the beginning of the season? 

What’s the board’s thoughts on his chances at AA this season?

Watched the match and didn’t see that either. He was down 3-1 with 20 seconds left and got a takedown to tie the match. Monday was in an awkward position and Perez hipped into him causing Monday to go to his back. Ref called a touch pin with maybe 2 seconds left in the match. 

I’m the first person to criticize Monday for not closing matches but I just didn’t see it there. I can’t imagine a disinterested wrestler getting a takedown with 20 seconds left to tie the match. He just got caught in a bad position at the very end. 

Edited by goheels1812

11 minutes ago, pamela said:

How is his gas tank? I think I remember ppl saying  that he was cutting too much weight at 157 and even 165 was kind of pushing it.

So I’ve watched every match of Monday’s college career and you’re right that’s always been the big question with him. Last year it was a huge problem at 157 so he headed up to 165. He had Isaiah white dead to rights in the duel with Nebraska and gave up a takedown with about 3 seconds left to lose. But I will say he looks much healthier at 165 and the energy level is more consistent. Then he got hurt or something undisclosed and never wrestled again in the 2018-2019 season. 

Today he got a pretty good field competition wise. He beat Kissius of West Virginia easily (Flo has him ranked 17) and then he beat Peyton Mocco pretty soundly as well. He fell in the last match against quinten Perez of Campbell. My opinion is that in the last match he did not look as aggressive as in the first two matches. He waited until the 3rd period to start attacking. I’m not sure if it was a game plan thing or if he was tired. 

I do think it will get better throughout the year though as he adjusts to being a full time 165. He will probably be a little inconsistent and take some early lumps but by February that’s a guy I would not want to see in a tournament. 

Edited by goheels1812

2 hours ago, Mad Santa said:

Just got stuck at the end of the 3rd in the South East Open finals when it was 3-3. Looked quite a bit sluggish and disinterested in the match. 

Does he/the rest of the roster typically have cardio issues in the beginning of the season? 

What’s the board’s thoughts on his chances at AA this season?

The word you are looking for is "uninterested," which means "not interested."