Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

WrestlingByPirate D-1 Week in Preview, November 4-10

Recommended Posts

All times Eastern, with local times in parenthesis.

*-Indicates a one-pound weight allowance shall be granted.

Thursday, November 7:

Wisconsin at Buffalo, 7:00 PM
Chadron State at Nebraska, 7:30 PM (6:30 PM)
Nebraska-Kearney at Nebraska, 9:00 PM (8:00 PM)

Friday, November 8:

North Carolina at Michigan, 7:00 PM
*Edinboro vs. Wisconsin at Saegertown, PA, 7:00 PM

Saturday, November 9:

Air Force, Appalachian State, Central Michigan, Duke, Gardner-Webb, Kent State, Oregon State, West Virginia at Mountaineer Invitational, hosted by Appalachian State, 9:00 AM
American, Maryland, VMI at AU Round Robin, hosted by American, 10:00 AM
Minnesota, North Dakota State, South Dakota State at Bison Open, hosted by North Dakota State, 10:00 AM (9:00 AM)
Little Rock at Oklahoma City Open, Oklahoma City, OK, 10:00 AM (9:00 AM)
Buffalo vs. Purdue at Troy, NY, 10:00 AM
Long Island vs. Virginia at Troy, NY, 10:00 AM
Sacred Heart vs. Utah Valley at Troy, NY, 10:00 AM
Southern Illinois Edwardsville vs. West Liberty at Lansdale, PA, 11:00 AM
Arizona State vs. Virginia at Troy, NY, 12:00 PM
Long Island vs. Sacred Heart at Troy, NY, 12:00 PM
Purdue vs. Utah Valley at Troy, NY, 12:00 PM
Drexel vs. Southern Illinois Edwardsville at Lansdale, PA, 12:30 PM
Drexel vs. West Liberty at Lansdale, PA, 2:00 PM
Campbell at Pittsburgh, 2:00 PM
Arizona State vs. Purdue at Troy, NY, 2:00 PM
Buffalo vs. Long Island at Troy, NY, 2:00 PM
Life Pacific at California Baptist, 3:00 PM (12:00 PM)

Sunday, November 10:

Binghamton, Franklin & Marshall, Harvard at Jonathan Kaloust Bearcat Open, hosted by Binghamton, 9:00 AM
Cleveland State at Ohio Intercollegiate Open, Cleveland, OH, 9:00 AM
Arizona State, Bloomsburg, Brown, Davidson, George Mason, Hofstra, Indiana, Lehigh, Lock Haven, Long Island, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Old Dominion, The Citadel, Utah Valley at Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Troy, NY, 9:00 AM
Army West Point vs. Illinois at Chattanooga, 10:00 AM
Iowa State, Northern Iowa at Harold Nichols Cyclone Open, hosted by Iowa State, 10:00 AM (9:00 AM)
Northern Colorado at Northern Colorado Open, hosted by Northern Colorado, 11:00 AM (9:00 AM)
Army West Point at Chattanooga, 12:00 PM
Northwestern at Virginia Tech, 1:00 PM
Illinois at Chattanooga, 2:00 PM
Navy at Penn State, 2:00 PM
*Campbell at Ohio, 4:00 PM
Stanford at Ohio State, 7:00 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

North Carolina vs Michigan is going to be crazy

Fingers crossed that Melendez and O’Conner make the trip. With those 2 in the lineup, the dual is going to be a war. Without those 2 Michigan should have a relatively easy victory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Fingers crossed that Melendez and O’Conner make the trip. With those 2 in the lineup, the dual is going to be a war. Without those 2 Michigan should have a relatively easy victory. 

Agreed.

I have UNC a favorite at:

125, 149, 165 and 174

Michigan at:

157, 197 and 285

Toss up:

133, 141, 184

Very winnable for UNC. Might even be the favorites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Agreed.

I have UNC a favorite at:

125, 149, 165 and 174

Michigan at:

157, 197 and 285

Toss up:

133, 141, 184

Very winnable for UNC. Might even be the favorites

Another weight worth monitoring is 174. Kane was a scratch at the southeast open. I didn’t notice anything in the wrestle offs and he looked fine. If he doesn’t make the trip that’s another one where Michigan will probably be favored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Another weight worth monitoring is 174. Kane was a scratch at the southeast open. I didn’t notice anything in the wrestle offs and he looked fine. If he doesn’t make the trip that’s another one where Michigan will probably be favored. 

Yeah UNC has to bring their #1s

assuming it isn’t injury related, I bet they do. Winning a dual against Michigan would be big for the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 7:20 AM, Housebuye said:

Yeah UNC has to bring their #1s

assuming it isn’t injury related, I bet they do. Winning a dual against Michigan would be big for the program. 

UNC posted lineups today. No O’Conner, Phillips, or Kane. Phillips isn’t a huge deal as I think Headlee holds down 157 for the year regardless. I’m pretty bummed out about no O’Conner or Kane though. On the flip side it’s nice to see Melendez ready to go. Michigan should win now though. 

Edited by goheels1812

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

UNC posted lineups today. No O’Conner, Phillips, or Kane. Phillips isn’t a huge deal as I think Headlee holds down 157 for the year regardless. I’m pretty bummed out about no O’Conner or Kane though. On the flip side it’s nice to see Melendez ready to go. Michigan should win now though. 

Damn. UNC could take it but you’d need a pretty serious upset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gantry said:

What's the word on O'Conner?

Coleman has said on his podcast that O’Conner has been held out precautionarily with a minor injury to start the season. Coleman always says that he’s getting his guys ready for March, not November. I’m hoping all is fine and he’s not just holding his cards close to his chest about something major going on. 

Edited by goheels1812

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interested Nomad said today on FRL that O’Conner has a broken arm. I personally haven’t ever heard Coleman say that and I listen to everything Coleman puts out. But I have no reason to think Nomad is wrong either. If that’s true a broken arm shouldn’t be a huge deal for O’Conner to come back from. Just depends on when it happened and the toughest thing will be getting back grip strength in that hand. I’m almost relieved to know that’s what it is (as long as that’s true). 

Edited by goheels1812

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...