Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie v2

Last Man Standing - 2019/20

3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

"Sanderson said Berge is recovering well, but they “probably” will not wrestle him on Sunday against Navy."

This is what I thought, hence my questioning him for this contest. 

4 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Right. I figured he discussed it at media day so did some quick reading.  Generally if Cael lets on anything about somebody not wrestling, it means they're almost certainly not gonna go.  

Yeah, you have to read between the lines. The minute he got hurt/was pronounced ok at U23 I figured we might not see him until Army Tournament or even Lehigh dual. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, you have to read between the lines. The minute he got hurt/was pronounced ok at U23 I figured we might not see him until Army Tournament or even Lehigh dual. 

Impossible to say with head injuries.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was even longer than that.  

Granted I have zero inside information as to if he was diagnosed with a concussion / how bad it was, knowing what we know now about these things I would err heavily on the side of caution.  

On 11/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, scribe said:

Good picks this year. 

Not really, turns out they are both ineligible as previous AAs. So why don't you steal them the way you did last year?

I, unlike you, have some brain activity that indicates your picks are actually a bad idea. 

it probably is the case you couldn’t pick the reverse for my picks and you didn’t know what to do. So you just blurted out the first names that came to mind. So dumb 

22 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Thank you (and them) for your service!

Thanks for the support!  I love my job.  Can’t say the cadets always love West Point, but they love wrestling there.  I’ve been in the army for over 16 years and Kevin Ward is probably the best leadership developer at the academy right now.  Joe Heskett  was super phenomenal in that regard as well.  The athletic department should do everything they can to keep him there.  

23 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

Thanks for the support!  I love my job.  Can’t say the cadets always love West Point, but they love wrestling there.  I’ve been in the army for over 16 years and Kevin Ward is probably the best leadership developer at the academy right now.  Joe Heskett  was super phenomenal in that regard as well.  The athletic department should do everything they can to keep him there.  

Ward is an infectious leader.  I hope he stays at West Point but if I were an AD and looking, he'd be high on my list of young targets.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, scribe said:

Dang. I won this thing four of the last 5 years. Can’t win them all. 

Yeah looks like Sasso busted a lot of people.    Some of the other common picks out as well- Woods, Sloan, etc

Taking a quick glance of who was posted I believe the following guys are left (apologies if I missed anyone, or if any of these guys have been DQ'd due to the activity rule):

Parris

Alirez

Phillippi

Griffith

Tucker

Dellavecchia

I think Noah Stewart is out due to not wrestling vs. WVU