Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie v2

Last Man Standing - 2019/20

4 w/o Dellavecchia, Stewart hasn't wrestled teh last 2 times out I think. 

Looks like this may be a long one with Parris on the inside track.  Doesn't need a day off to make weight his team needs his points etc.

Philippi could be strong if he wins the Scuffle(Gomez). As could Griffith (McFadden).

Chaz Tucker - depends on who he sees in the South Beach duals.  Maybe Montori again?   

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

So Ugarte wins, right?

Not sure if I'm still alive tbh - would need a ruling on the 11/10 open tournament at Binghamton, since Chas sat that out on return from U23.

Edited by ugarte

Standings/Elimination
1) If your starter loses, you are eliminated if any remaining starters are still alive.
2) If your backup loses, and someone else has both their start and backup still alive, you are eliminated.

Rules                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         2.) Your choices are out: a) if they lose, forfeit, or default; b) if they do not compete in one of the duals or in tournaments in which at least five starters from their team are competing. (beginning now, for example, Sammy Sasso skips CKLV but the rest of the team goes, he's out)

I'm not sure if that helps?

7 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Standings/Elimination
1) If your starter loses, you are eliminated if any remaining starters are still alive.
2) If your backup loses, and someone else has both their start and backup still alive, you are eliminated.

Rules                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         2.) Your choices are out: a) if they lose, forfeit, or default; b) if they do not compete in one of the duals or in tournaments in which at least five starters from their team are competing. (beginning now, for example, Sammy Sasso skips CKLV but the rest of the team goes, he's out)

Haha yeah I’m confused.

So 3 w/o Dellavecchia, Stewart, and Tucker. 

Looks like this may be a long one with:

• Parris on the inside track.  Doesn't need a day off to make weight, his team needs his points etc. Next Top 25 test is Iowa on 2/8/20 
  • Philippi could be strong if he wins the Scuffle(Gomez).
  • As could Griffith (McFadden).

2 hours ago, Mphillips said:

yeah i get it - i think bingo probably counts for chas tucker but it was a multiple-entry tournament so Cornell had multiple people at a lot of weights rather than one where the wrestlers resembled anything like a starting roster.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, TFBJR said:

So 3 w/o Dellavecchia, Stewart, and Tucker. 

• Parris on the inside track.  Doesn't need a day off to make weight, his team needs his points etc. Next Top 25 test is Iowa on 2/8/20 
  • Philippi could be strong if he wins the Scuffle(Gomez).
  • As could Griffith (McFadden).

Philippi  I'm out - but to a Rutgers guy so I am good with it.  Great match by Alvarez.  

Tucker survives South Beach with another W over Bridges. Next up #20 Farro (1/11) then nobody in the top 20 until #10 Trampe (Binghamton). If he gets through those matches, other than potential rematches at EIWA, he doesn't see a currently-ranked wrestler until the second round at NCAAs. Of course, if he keeps every match within a takedown, every match is a momentary lapse away from an L.

Whoops - looks like Tucker was DQ'd from this because I post too much.

Edited by ugarte

On 12/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, TFBJR said:

• Philippi could be strong if he wins the Scuffle(Gomez).  OUT
  • As could Griffith (McFadden).  Wrestles in Scuffle finals today.

Still in it with Parris!

Who has Griffith?

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Might need the official ruling from OP, but after reading the rules a couple more times I think rooster did win since he had both guys still alive when no one else did.

Ahhhh...So it would be, 'Last TWO Men Standing?'  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯