Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Flo Kinda Explains why Flo is a joke

Willie's got skills. He's not dead weight such as some other Flo personnel. If one of those pretenders? poseurs? were to exit Flo nobody here would be talking so much like we are now. I'll be happy to see Willie stay in wrestling media, stay outside of Flo.

Edited by jon

Flo corporates is not going to let anyone talk about any company issues on air nor would it be smart of the podcast personalities to talk issues between staff and leadership.  So you can’t possibly expect anything from Flo’s side about why he actually departed.  

It may not be as sinister  as some of you want it to be. Could be as simple as Flo wanted Willie to spend more time helping to develop content or oversee some of their other lateral (which several people there do)  and he felt that was taking more time away from him putting more solid wrestling content out.  Or he felt there was certain topics that should be covered or certain content developed for wrestling, but Flo management was fine keeping the current model they have put out.  In either of those cases it’s not a major secret but something corporate wouldn’t want addresses on places like FRL.  In those cases the company wouldn’t call things major issue, but for a single employee who wants to focus on just wrestling or wants to address certain content that they are not interested it could be enough to seek another option.    

If Willie think it will work out best for him then it’s his choice to seek other options.   If Flo think they are fine with where they are by hiring someone else to fill his spot then that is their option to let him leave. 

Edited by MadMardigain

50 minutes ago, NJDan said:

The FRL "discusses" Willie's departure.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6593661-frl-423-willies-departure-and-the-complete-week-one-recap?fbclid=IwAR3xux0WR40zNWn63mjOJgw-Ndw6Retk7IFKYLIeRl4QEPWPKf8spbHn0nA

They say "it's all good" and  they are all buds. But don't say why he quit or where he is going.

Why on Earth would the Flo guys talk about why Willie quit or where Willie is going before Willie did?  That's absolutely for Willie to do, which he mentioned that he's going to once everything is settled.   Them mentioning his plans or reasons before he did would be a major league you-know-what move. 

Edit to say that maybe Willie already did talk about it, which I may have missed.  If so I take my statement back. 

Edited by Gantry

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

The FRL "discusses" Willie's departure.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6593661-frl-423-willies-departure-and-the-complete-week-one-recap?fbclid=IwAR3xux0WR40zNWn63mjOJgw-Ndw6Retk7IFKYLIeRl4QEPWPKf8spbHn0nA

They say "it's all good" and  they are all buds. But don't say why he quit or where he is going.

Are you really this ignorant about HR policies?  

This has probably been said in one of the anti Flo threads but....  I am thankful for Flo and Track.  Between the two of them I get to see many matches that I would not without them.  I work full time and really want to see Wyoming wrestle, for example, and I could not with out Flo.  Heck I even watched in my car this weekend.

The Flo guys are pretty clearly letting Willie explain why he quit on his own schedule. Not mentioning it at all on the first post-Willie FRL would be ridiculous but stealing Willie's thunder would also be pretty rude in light of what appears to be an amicable resignation. Maybe there's more going on that I don't know from non-FRL management or something but the FRL guys didn't indicate that Willie was fired to me.

Looking for attention? I'll give you a like.

I'd ask you to point out where my Flo critique is wrong but I know better. You're looking to take potshots. I for one am looking for improvement.

Stop bickering. Do better. Or buzz off.

Edited by jon

Just listened.   Reading between the lines, I’m getting the impression that something went down between Willie and some sort of higher up at Flo (not Pyles, etc), the way Pyles described it as being “sudden.”  Maybe it came out wrong, but when he said “on the record, it’s all love” almost seemed to imply that “off the record, something happened.”

High probability he’s going to a competitor or maybe starting his own thing, otherwise you’d think he would have put in 2 weeks or something.