Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Flo Kinda Explains why Flo is a joke

4 hours ago, PABuck said:

Flo subscription, $150/year.. I asked if they had another subscription option for someone that will only use it during the 5 months of the wrestling season. They said "yes"... they could offer me a monthly subscription at $30/mo. lol

Pro tip: Try one of their other verticals and it's a little cheaper.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

LOL only at Flo.   Lose your most entertaining host, THEN put FRL behind the paywall.

Did they say that? Sometimes they just dont get it up on youtube. Ill be pissed because they still have never created a convenient way to listen from their site.

4 minutes ago, unknown said:

if you click on the link from there website, twitter, facebook it brings you to the paywall

Yeah, because they were only broadcasting from there site. I will honestly in disbelief if they do this and it is no longer on spotify or other podcast apps. Spey already stated that creating an app that works for the people to listen to on the go is not a priority of the company.

Mixed feelings about this change. On one hand: It's what I like to call 'boutique' content, original content. I don't mind that Flo paywalls its own stuff such as writings; rankings; and, now?, FRL podcast. On another hand: Absolutely laughable. Flo acts as if it's got something of worth, something of quality. The noise of Willie's three big mistakes (his big hiring mistakes lol) ain't nothing to paywall. Even this forum has got more substance than that.

Edited by jon

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Yeah, because they were only broadcasting from there site. I will honestly in disbelief if they do this and it is no longer on spotify or other podcast apps. Spey already stated that creating an app that works for the people to listen to on the go is not a priority of the company.

You (he?) talking about already-paywalled content such as WNO episodes not plain ol' FRL episodes, right? FRL used to be streamable in podcasts apps. But now (as of today) no longer?

17 minutes ago, jon said:

You (he?) talking about already-paywalled content such as WNO episodes not plain ol' FRL episodes, right? FRL used to be streamable in podcasts apps. But now (as of today) no longer?

well if they put it behind paywall, I would assume not. I questioned Spey about having WNO on a listenable app, and he said they do not have an effective way to do that while it is behind paywall and it wasn't a priority of flo. I would assume FRL would be handled in the same way.

4 minutes ago, jon said:

FRL streamable here? https://flowrestlingradiolive.libsyn.com Does this mean it's a website problem not a paywall expansion? Would not be surprising.

That's where I usually listen (but not usually live - was it ever available on there live? I did check there this morning and didn't see it but now I do).  Maybe they just made the actual "live" version behind the paywall?