Jump to content
treep2000

Bill Farrell Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

The Farrell will be streamed live on Flo

Entries aren't public but Flo will soon publish an article about who has registered so far. Some pretty big names registered early. Kyle Snyder, Jordan Oliver, Frank Molinaro, Seth Gross. Nomad's got the rest. Should be an excellent tournament. 

Gross. Interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Snyder attending? Will he be attending Yarigyn in January? If so, seems odd for him to make weight so quickly (I assume he is probably walking around at 235-240 at this point?)

Follow up question: say Snyder wins 97, does the 2nd place then get the auto bid to OTT since Snyder already is in? Do they wrestle for a true 2nd? This would obviously apply to any winner that has already qualified for OTT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Why is Snyder attending? Will he be attending Yarigyn in January? If so, seems odd for him to make weight so quickly (I assume he is probably walking around at 235-240 at this point?)

Follow up question: say Snyder wins 97, does the 2nd place then get the auto bid to OTT since Snyder already is in? Do they wrestle for a true 2nd? This would obviously apply to any winner that has already qualified for OTT.

The highest-placing American, that isn't qualified, gets the auto-bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Why is Snyder attending? Will he be attending Yarigyn in January? If so, seems odd for him to make weight so quickly (I assume he is probably walking around at 235-240 at this point?)

Follow up question: say Snyder wins 97, does the 2nd place then get the auto bid to OTT since Snyder already is in? Do they wrestle for a true 2nd? This would obviously apply to any winner that has already qualified for OTT.

I'd imagine with a new coaching staff and not that much time to work with, it'll be imperative to get a good amount of real competition.  Provides a measuring stick for whatever new ideas he's trying to implement, and you get more teachable moments in real competition than you might otherwise get in a couple weeks of practice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Why is Snyder attending? Will he be attending Yarigyn in January? If so, seems odd for him to make weight so quickly (I assume he is probably walking around at 235-240 at this point?)

Follow up question: say Snyder wins 97, does the 2nd place then get the auto bid to OTT since Snyder already is in? Do they wrestle for a true 2nd? This would obviously apply to any winner that has already qualified for OTT.

Yariguin is not a rankings series event this year so it will be interesting to see how that affects attendance. I'm lots more Russians and way fewer Americans. I'm hoping Snyder goes to Rome instead. The first of just two rankings series events that will take place before Tokyo is two weeks before Yariguin in the middle of January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Flo mentioned today at 74 kg we could get Mehki Lewis Vs Nolf semi with the winner getting Imar in the finals 

Will there be no Russians?  What about Chamizo?  Doesn’t he live in NYC?  Why not win a few thousand bucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Will there be no Russians?  What about Chamizo?  Doesn’t he live in NYC?  Why not win a few thousand bucks?

I don't think there is any prize money. foreign wrestlers with UWW licenses are able to register but they have to pay for their own travel, room and board.

In other Farrell news, at Penn State media day it was revealed that Jason Nolf and Vincenzo Joseph will both wrestle 74kg, and Rutgers announced that Nick Suriano will enter at 57kg. also only the champion (or highest placing American) gets the OTT bid, so I don't expect many medical forfeits in the championship rounds. 

man this tournament is going to kick ass, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SnyderMan said in an interview that he was going to compete in a ranking series event in January. And looking at the UWW’s calendar the only ranking event in January is the Matteo Pelicone in Rome. I have never heard of this tournament before so, I have no idea about who may come, but since it is a ranking event, hopefully it draws some quality competitors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I don't think there is any prize money. foreign wrestlers with UWW licenses are able to register but they have to pay for their own travel, room and board.

In other Farrell news, at Penn State media day it was revealed that Jason Nolf and Vincenzo Joseph will both wrestle 74kg, and Rutgers announced that Nick Suriano will enter at 57kg. also only the champion (or highest placing American) gets the OTT bid, so I don't expect many medical forfeits in the championship rounds. 

man this tournament is going to kick ass, imho.

Last year winners of brackets with 6 or more wrestlers received $1000. If I’m Chamizo and I live and train in NYC...why not?

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/2018-02/infos_03_newyork.pdf

Edited by AnklePicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Last year winners of brackets with 6 or more wrestlers received $1000. If I’m Chamizo and I live and train in NYC...why not?

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/2018-02/infos_03_newyork.pdf

those are last year's prizes. This year, that section of the invite just says "Top (3) place winners in each weight will receive attractive awards."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, Lurker said:

Gross. Interesting!

 

On 11/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, nhs67 said:

At 57kg, no less...

I have no idea how he’ll make 57kg with the current weigh-in rules but it will be fun to see him compete at that weight.

Will the cut mess up his NCAA weight certification or allowable % or anything? I don’t understand how that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pamela said:

 

I have no idea how he’ll make 57kg with the current weigh-in rules but it will be fun to see him compete at that weight.

Will the cut mess up his NCAA weight certification or allowable % or anything? I don’t understand how that works.

I'll have to quote Cael here, since he was asked about it with Berge at their media day:

Freestyle does not effect NCAA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...