treep2000

Bill Farrell Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

What was the deal with the end of JO and frank? I didn’t have the sound on but molinaro looked pissed about something 

Lots of smack talk.  Through handshake.  Example -  Molinaro telling JO that all he does is back up.  JO telling Mo that he is a sumo wrestler.  JO made some symbol with thumb at neck - not sure what that meant.

22 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

If Gross can survive the early rounds at the trials, I think he has a shot. Going to be tough to do that at such a deep weight though. He should not have beaten Suriano this morning.

Wait? Did Gross get outscored by Suriano? There were two caution and 1s don’t act like Suriano dominated the match. Gross scores points that’s why he won.

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

He said he didn't know how Gross could be more hydrated as the day went on.....

"Gross told me that every match he just feels better. That's remarkable considering how depleted he was of fluids and nutrients from the weight cut. At the end of the day, he should be feeling that depletion more, but Gross is actually feeling better!"

Mike Mal missed the fact that Gross only had to weigh in once this morning and probably hydrated back up to 135-140 by the finals. 

57 - Suriano is going to be a nightmare.  Gross was very lucky to get that turn with 2 ticks left.  Gross and Suriano were the class of this weight.

65 - Frank and JO once again neck and neck and jabbing at each other to boot.  

74 - Nolf, clearly injured, big brothered by Imar.  Was hard to watch 

86 - MyMar gave ringer a good match.  But... Cox, DT, Downey and Heflin will all have something to say about that.

97 - Snyder looked sharp.  Very sharp.  He is so far ahead of everyone domestically.

2 hours ago, ugarte said:

Would not be surprised if it is a double MFF. My son and I were right next to Mat B. IMar barely held on against Gantt - I still can't believe he fought off the 4th turn - and after the match he was holding his left shoulder and told his coach "I can't feel my shoulder" as he walked off the mat.

This did not age well, and I'm glad. IMar showed absolutely no evidence of a shoulder injury the way he threw Nolf.

7 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

"Gross told me that every match he just feels better. That's remarkable considering how depleted he was of fluids and nutrients from the weight cut. At the end of the day, he should be feeling that depletion more, but Gross is actually feeling better!"

Mike Mal missed the fact that Gross only had to weigh in once this morning and probably hydrated back up to 135-140 by the finals. 

gotcha, thanks. well i can't speak for Mike and can't tell you the exact point he was trying to make but i can assure you he is familiar with the concept of weight cutting, both personally as a high school and college wrestler and as a coach of many years. 

2 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

gotcha, thanks. well i can't speak for Mike and can't tell you the exact point he was trying to make but i can assure you he is familiar with the concept of weight cutting, both personally as a high school and college wrestler and as a coach of many years. 

I know that Mike Mal coached and wrestled at a high level, which made that comment stick out so much for me. It sounds like something a misinformed youth wrestler's dad would say after a loss than something an informed pundit and student of the sport would say. The big question now is if Gross can be effective at that weight with a 2 day weight in procedure. 

I think IMar wins regardless.  With that said, Nolf was clearly hurt to a level you can't take much aways from that match.  It was very evident in the first feet to back. Nolf had his inside leg off the ground and back.  Fighting the throw with his left leg.   In that position he should have had his inside leg planted hipping in and getting his hips in front.  He did the exact opposite.  

1 hour ago, nom said:

Lots of smack talk.  Through handshake.  Example -  Molinaro telling JO that all he does is back up.  JO telling Mo that he is a sumo wrestler.  JO made some symbol with thumb at neck - not sure what that meant.

Sumo wrestler cracked me up. I love watching those two scrap.