treep2000

Bill Farrell Discussion Thread

Great entry list so far. 74kg is going to be fun to watch. 

Lizak at 65 is kind of interesting. It’s probably better than dropping to 57 but the new weight will be an adjustment. Tough to be a tweener.

Lol it’s fine, I agree with your point; just curious to see how his style changes up a weight and in FS. Esp compared with guys like Gross and Garrett who are sucking down to 57.

I am curious to see if Gross abandons ship along the way, it has to be a tough cut, and i know he's alright at freestyle, but if it becomes clear he cant compete that light with the top guys wonder if he'll just focus on 133 NCAA...

And as you said, watching some of Garretts videos, Im curious how he looks down at 125, hes seemed bigger and obviously hasnt competed in awhile.

Also Mehki against any if those top guys at 74kg is interesting.

And Ringer vs Mymar has me interested.

(Note still on hold)

3 hours ago, brickhousey said:

Is Cody brewer already qualified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he is not.  Already qualified are:

5 At 57 kg  T. Gilman, D Fix, N Garret, J. Colon, & T Graff

1 at 63 kg Z Retherford (does not count retired guys ie LS)

4 at 74 kg JB (in finals) K Dake (in Semis), D Carr, & J Green

2 to 4 at 86 kg D Taylor, PD3, Cox (in Semis) & Bo Nickal

1 to 3 at 97 kg K Snyder (in Finals), Cox (in Semis) & Bo Nickal

2 @ 125 kg  Gwiz & M Parris

Why would Ringer vs. Mymar have you interested? Ringer will probably, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, tech him in the first period. I could be very wrong, but I think that there is an absolutely huge gap between them. Ringer is world-medal material and Martin is simply not anywhere near that level at this point. P4P Ringer is probably somewhere #7-12 in the US and Martin is probably #10-20 just at 86 alone in an Olympic year

Edited by bnwtwg
sp

On 11/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, AnklePicker said:

Are the Cornell boys going to show up in their own back yard? 

hoping. my kid's flag football league semis are on saturday but i don't know what time kickoff is yet.

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Why would Ringer vs. Mymar have you interested? Ringer will probably, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this, tech him in the first period. I could be very wrong, but I think that there is an absolutely huge gap between them. Ringer is world-medal material and Martin is simply not anywhere near that level at this point. P4P Ringer is probably somewhere #7-12 in the US and Martin is probably #10-20 just at 86 alone in an Olympic year

It has me interested in that Mymar is a consistent high level wrestler who has a good body for the weight, Ringer is moving up in weight and we haven't seen him compete this heavy yet. 
On Paper, Mymar is the toughest guy (aside from Ringer) in the bracket. 
I've always believed in Ringer, but unfortunately he couldnt make the last 2 teams. 
Now that he is up a weight I wonder what he will look like against the other "top guy" in the bracket.

Pretty sure if Heflin is going that he should be considered tougher since he beat Mymar a few months ago at WTT, which came after Mymar gassed against an already gassed PD3 at the US Open. I am rooting for Martin because he seems like a good guy but I don't see him getting any deeper than maybe repchage (and probably won't win more than a single match there) by the time OTT rolls around if the following are all at 86:

In no order here are 11 off the top of my head:

Cox, Taylor, Ringer, Valencia, Heflin, PD3, Nickal, Machiavello, Brooks, Moore, Lefever (if he drops, depends probably on results at the Farrell)

That puts MyMar at top 12 at best and dependent on the draw, again just in my opinion

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Pretty sure if Heflin is going that he should be considered tougher since he beat Mymar a few months ago at WTT, which came after Mymar gassed against an already gassed PD3 at the US Open. I am rooting for Martin because he seems like a good guy but I don't see him getting any deeper than maybe repchage (and probably won't win more than a single match there) by the time OTT rolls around if the following are all at 86:

In no order here are 11 off the top of my head:

Cox, Taylor, Ringer, Valencia, Heflin, PD3, Nickal, Machiavello, Brooks, Moore, Lefever (if he drops, depends probably on results at the Farrell)

That puts MyMar at top 12 at best and dependent on the draw, again just in my opinion

Yeah I didn't see Heflin on the pre-registration.... still don't but yeah he is also tough. 
Brooks is on the pre-reg so sure that could be interesting too.... 
I don't think Mymar is world class at the senior level at all... 
I'm simply interested in seeing how Alex D, looks against some of the bigger bodies at 86kg, no matter where you have the ranked in the hierarchy. 
Yes Cox, Taylor, Nickal, etc.... are tougher, but they won't be attending, hence me gravitating towards this match. 

86kg

Those were just 2 names I picked. If he catches Jackson or Dudley, im interested in that too, or Brooks... I simply initially saw Mymar and typed it. nothing more.

Weight Name State Team
86kg Drew Foster IA Panther Wrestling Club RTC
86kg Nathan Jackson NJ New York Athletic Club
86kg Samuel Brooks IA New York Athletic Club
86kg Domenic Abounader OH New York Athletic Club
86kg Kevin Radford AZ Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club
86kg Leonardo Tarantino NJ  
86kg Alex Dieringer OK Titan Mercury Wrestling Club
86kg Myles Martin OH Titan Mercury Wrestling Club
86kg Stacey Davis NC Titan Mercury Wrestling Club
86kg Matthew Finesilver CO New York Athletic Club
86kg Kadeem Samuels PA New York Athletic Club
86kg Timothy Dudley SC Sunkist Kids Wrestling Club
86kg Noel Torres KS Titan Mercury Wrestling Club
86kg Joshua Asper MD Navy-Marine Corps Mat Club
86kg Ronnie Caudill VT  

Okay a few tidbits... I absolutely believe MyMar to be the 3rd best PEAK performance guy in the weight.  He is that good.  His head also can put him in the middle of the pack.

When it comes to Heflin?  He has a big brother mentality edge on MyMar.  It showed.

When it comes to Brooks?  Brooks just has his number for some godawful reason.

If he can get past that brain of his, he is absolutely a match for Ringer.  There comes a point when you have to just say they 'don't have it' though and I'm not quite there.  Jokes aside its almost as if he had a seizure in his Downey match.  It still astounds me that a guy who is as good of shape as he was(just outside of college season) to shut down like that.  I also believe that if MyMar holds on to that match, Heflin would have been our rep last year.  Styles make matches.

All of this being said, 86kg has me frothing, even without Cox or Nickal.  I am very intrigued at all of the different matches possible.  I'd love to see Amine enter as well(wouldn't that just be fabulous).  Also there is speculation(again nothing of credible merit) that Hall may not give this a proper go, being as his focus is the team race and being the best 174lber.  If he goes 86kg, he will be undersized, but as skilled as any 86kg guy in the field.  That has me intrigued, as well.

Of the current crop of 86kg in the field, Dudley and Jackson aren't far removed from 79kg, yet they have both have tremendous success. Abounader, Foster(the only guy to beat DT in the last two years), Martin, and Brooks also paint this field as a very deep field.  Super stoked.

**DISCLAIMER-I had to change the MyMar bit-had him as 2nd, but he is behind Ringer and DT.

Edited by nhs67
**DISCLAIMER**

Holy crap.  Just checked the entries again.

Very interesting some of the weight changes(Derek White to 97kg for one).

Also notice quite a few guys migreated to the NYAC in preparation(I notice quite a few Cliff Keen guys-Massa/Abounader/Beazley).

I hope they give Zillmer the 3 or the 6.  I don't want him on the same side as Snyder.  I want to see him have a shot at Gadson.  Aside for Cox or Nickal, I see nobody having a realistic chance at being the #2 here aside for Zillmer.  I see no way he drops below 4, though, and unless they give him the bump over Waltz(which is conceivable since he did just outplace him overseas) I don't see how he doesn't end up the same side as Snyder.

Quick question that I just don't know the answer to - is Yianni qualified for OTT or does he need to earn a spot? Would seem like an obvious tourney so he can skip Sr. Nationals if he isn't qualified already

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Quick question that I just don't know the answer to - is Yianni qualified for OTT or does he need to earn a spot? Would seem like an obvious tourney so he can skip Sr. Nationals if he isn't qualified already

He is not qualified.

Zain was the rep at 65kg twice and LS was the rep the other year.  Those are the only two at 65 who are qualified as of now(unless Colon or Graff go up and Green or Carr goes down).

I imagine quite a few more notables end up entering the tournament.

When is registration over?

Edited by nhs67
Added stuffs.