Jump to content
treep2000

Bill Farrell Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Who is missing?  Who would you like to see at Farrell that isn't already qualified for Olympic Trials?

A few come to mind: Nico Megaludis, Aaron Brooks, Yianni D., Thomas Gilman, James Green, A. Ashnault, Heflin, and Gable Steveson.

V. Joseph and Cassar are now registered. 

Doesn't registration close on Wednesday?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Who is missing?  Who would you like to see at Farrell that isn't already qualified for Olympic Trials?

A few come to mind: Nico Megaludis, Aaron Brooks, Yianni D., Thomas Gilman, James Green, A. Ashnault, Heflin, and Gable Steveson.

V. Joseph and Cassar are now registered. 

Doesn't registration close on Wednesday?  

Gilman and Green are qualified for Trials already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, American registration closes today (Wednesday). I will try to get an updated registration list posted Thursday.

 

I don’t think we will see the international registrants until Saturday.

 

No advance ticket sales—all sales at the door.

 

That small gym will be tight with this many wrestlers, combined with a likely larger that usual crowd due to some of the names in the event....Could be a reason the event was not promoted to a greater degree.

 

So which American is going to finish best in each weight?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crash said:

Tomasello
JO
Imar
Ringer
Snyder
Bradley


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nato winning 57 would make me very happy. I doubt it though. 
 

IMar is very good, but I’m not sure if he can beat this field back to back. Cannot wait to see this right. Nolf, Cenzo, iMar and Mekhi is such a crazy combination of NCAA legends (not Mekhi quite yet, but the other 3 are 4 time finalists with at least 2 titles). It’s nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fartsmeller and Gantt are huge hurdles for anyone at 74kg, I wish Marinelli was in here as well.... guys like that can't consistently win but have plenty of ability to knock of anyone at anytime, and it's always fun to have them in the bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Nato winning 57 would make me very happy. I doubt it though. 
 

IMar is very good, but I’m not sure if he can beat this field back to back. Cannot wait to see this right. Nolf, Cenzo, iMar and Mekhi is such a crazy combination of NCAA legends (not Mekhi quite yet, but the other 3 are 4 time finalists with at least 2 titles). It’s nuts

Cenzo has only been to the finals 3 times, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, spladle08 said:

It has me interested in that Mymar is a consistent high level wrestler who has a good body for the weight, Ringer is moving up in weight and we haven't seen him compete this heavy yet. 
On Paper, Mymar is the toughest guy (aside from Ringer) in the bracket. 
I've always believed in Ringer, but unfortunately he couldnt make the last 2 teams. 
Now that he is up a weight I wonder what he will look like against the other "top guy" in the bracket.
 

I agree with pretty much everything you said here but one thing. Downey beat Martin so I would certainly put him above him assuming he wrestles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said here but one thing. Downey beat Martin so I would certainly put him above him assuming he wrestles.

Downey would deserve the higher seed, but I won't be even a little shocked of Myles beats him the next time they wrestle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said here but one thing. Downey beat Martin so I would certainly put him above him assuming he wrestles.

 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Downey would deserve the higher seed, but I won't be even a little shocked of Myles beats him the next time they wrestle 

The joke is that Downey is entering at 97kg innit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So much for Ringer being the runaway favorite at 86kg.

The last guy to beat Cox at worlds(doubled him up 6-3) is entered.

2017 World Silver Medalist.... Boooris Makojeeeeeeeevvvvvv!

He's extremely tough and has a tight tight defense.

 

*but other than that year I think hes kind of fallen off. We shall see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

He's extremely tough and has a tight tight defense.

 

*but other than that year I think hes kind of fallen off. We shall see

Funny enough is he is only 26. Not exactly old.

I expect him to spoil some dream matchups by beating folks he should be beating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Funny enough is he is only 26. Not exactly old.

I expect him to spoil some dream matchups by beating folks he should be beating.

Shoot I don't have all the answers :) 
I know I've seen his name in a few brackets and I'm sure put my foot in my mouth by saying "watch out, he's dangerous" over the past few years... but here lately he is about as dangerous as drawing USA first in a Greco tournament. 
As you alluded to however, he is easily at the top of our depth chart, and likely won't lose to many (if any) of our less than elite 86kg competitors. 
I would favor him over any. Ringer beating him wouldn't surprise me (based on 79kg results) but literally anyone else beating him would. I'm ready to see this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

 

The joke is that Downey is entering at 97kg innit?

Really? That's why I said assuming he wrestles cuz I hadn't even looked at the entries. Does that make any sense to anybody? I mean I guess with only one person qualifying maybe he figures it wouldn't be him and he won't worry about making the cut

Edited by ConnorsDad
Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...