treep2000

Bill Farrell Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:
1 hour ago, Housebuye said:
I’m ready to watch Nolf dominate the field and remind everyone he was robbed of the Hodge

You mistyped: Hidlay was robbed of a finals

You know that he was merely robbed of a lead early in the match.

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

And another one - takedown and 3 turns to move on. in 40 seconds.

Manville couldn't stop leading with his head and Berreyesa moves into the semis, 5-2. the 1, 3, 4 and 5 seeds all knocked out before the semis at 77kg.

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Manville couldn't stop leading with his head and Berreyesa moves into the semis, 5-2. the 1, 3, 4 and 5 seeds all knocked out before the semis at 77kg.

A lot of whining from Manville in that match. Who does he wrestle for, again?

All times shown are Eastern. 

Friday, November 15

9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Greco-Roman Session I    

9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Women’s Freestyle Session I

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Greco-Roman Medal Matches                        

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Women's Freestyle Medal Matches                  

Saturday, November 16

9:30 AM – 4:00 PM: Men’s Freestyle Session I
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Men’s Freestyle Medal Matches

Just now, spladle08 said:

All times shown are Eastern. 

Friday, November 15

9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Greco-Roman Session I    

9:30 AM – 5:30 PM: Women’s Freestyle Session I

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Greco-Roman Medal Matches                        

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Women's Freestyle Medal Matches                  

Saturday, November 16

9:30 AM – 4:00 PM: Men’s Freestyle Session I
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Men’s Freestyle Medal Matches

Thank you

5 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I had some beers when I maybe dismissed him as a "Wrestler of Note" I just think he is more Marstellar level than anything, he's 100% a "Wildcard" 
I guess with Mehki, I see the possible upside,  with Nolf and that second tier bunch (I've basically already jumped ship with my faith).. I see it as like "If Dake and JB quit today and anyone else made the team, we wouldnt medal" 

Sure thats not true, but Mehki is still kind of a senior level unknown, (his last international showing left a lot to be desired) and I guess I'm holding out hope with that "Wildcard" 
But sure, Nolf could easily be 3rd behind Burroughs and Dake, I just want a new medal threat to emerge, and I just don't see that with any of the "knowns"

k

16 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
52 minutes ago, nhs67 said:
Goofy bassturd.

Lol i just wanted to know the times. Whats your most anticipated finals.

Let me give this a stab:

-57kg-

Honestly?  Hoping to see NATO-Suriano. It may be the only wrestling match in the history of ever where there is a negative percentage of body fat on the mat, including whomever they send out as the ref.  Projection, though, using Flo's projected seeds:

Semis-NATO over Cruz, Garrett over Clark
Finals-NATO over Garrett

I think Clark takes out Richards and Gross, then losing to Garrett.  I am assuming everyone in these projections are healthy and take NATO over Suriano in an intense one.  Whoever between those two surfaces,  I believe takes Cruz comfortably.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Clark-When healthy he's as talented as they come. He's been planning for 57kg for a couple years now, and I believe he'll have made the appropriate cut(unlike Gross).  His length will provide fits.

-65kg-

Wouldn't it be something if Backpack Lizak took Molinaro to the shed?  Could you get more opposite body builds?

Semis-Molinaro over Henderson, McKenna over Oliver
Finals-Molinaro over McKenna

I do think McKenna will appear to have a chip on his shoulder and will give Oliver everything he can handle.  Henderson has been hot, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him up on GHulk either, but Molinaro has been wrestling insanely well as well.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Whitford-He's as athletic as they come, and if he's firing on all cylinders should be able to give Molinaro all he can handle.  We expected HUGE things out of this guy at the collegiate level, it just didn't work out for him, and he appears to be back training full-time so I am expecting great things come the Open.

-74kg-

Oh what I wouldn't do to see Massa take it to IMar and qualify for OTT.  I just don't see anyone taking out IMar.

Semis-IMar over Massa, Nolf over Joseph
Finals-IMar over Joseph

If these seeds hold, the top half is just considerably weaker as far as depth goes.  It is what it is, but I got me a gut feeling that Cenzo is fixing to earn himself a nickname of Bull this weekend as well.  Then we'll have three toons to call 'the Bull' this season.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Sorensen-Honestly never was a fan of his, but looking at these seeds?  He could surprise some folks with his grit.  He can wrestle with the best(he has) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him give Lewis all he could handle(perhaps burning him out for his match with Cenzo?).

-86kg-

Wouldn't it have been funny to see Amine here, and have him run the table?  Michigan homer bias aside, I would have loved to see how he matches up with all these toons, even Ringer(especially Ringer).

Semis-Ringer over Jackson, Brooks over Martin
Finals-Ringer over Brooks

If seeds play out how they lay, I'll be disappointed, since it doesn't really give us much juice for too fresh of matchups for Ringer(Jackson is a few months removed from 79 and Brooks just doesn't excite me)(PS-I think I will always pick Brooks over Martin from this point forward...).  Fortunately we already know former world silver is registered, so these seeds will shake up.

Darkhorse/Sleeper #1: Brooks-The #2 seeds as a sleeper?  You got it.  He may not move the needle as far as excitement, but he, to me, is the clear #2 in this field(domestics only) yet he doesn't really get that respect.

Darkhorse/Sleeper #2: Finesilver-Seeing him registered for 77kg had me concerned for his size at 86kg, however I am truly hoping we see him at 86kg this weekend.  Even before Cox's interview saying that he was looking real good, there were rumblings that he had jumped a few levels.  The Finesilvers in general have all seemed to have improved a lot the last couple of years from where they were.

-97kg-

Okay this pisses me off.  There should be a true second here, without a doubt, same as 130kg for Greco(There may be other weights but these are the only two that come to mind of those who have qualifiers already in the field-Coon you're my boy but you ruined the chances of the guys on your half of the bracket).  I want to see Macc-Gadson or Macc-Walz.

Semis-Snyder over Macch, Gadson over Zillmer
Finals-Snyder over Gadson

If Gadson beats Snyder(he won't) then he'll have earned it and I won't gripe about no true-2nd.  If Macch outperforms(meaning loses less badly) I'll be even more annoyed.  I don't see anyone 9 or below beating anyone 3-7 and the only one I think stands a chance to beat Gadson is Zillmer.  It just isn't fair that half the bracket essentially doesn't matter when every person on that half is here in an attempt to qualify by being the highest NON-qualifer to place.

-125-

Removing Cassar and inserting Steveson at the #1 spot because that is what it would be had they waited a few hours to do the preseed projections.  Bummer because I wanted to see Cassar against senior level.

Semis-Steveson over Orndorff, Bradley over Cassar(Nick)
Finals-Steveson over Bradley

Bradley will have lost more of a step, and I fully believe Steveson will be ready, even if I am unsure on his training situation with Nelson not entered(is Nelson banged up or hurt?).  Either way, Steveson is our clear favorite here.  Keep in mind Dhesi will likely also shift these seeds.

SO?  To answer your question, my most anticipated finals?  Ringer VS Makojev.  Most anticipated finals from our domestic 'preseed projections' would have to be 57kg.

Most anticipated wrestler per weight:
57kg-Suriano
65kg-McKenna
74kg-Massa
86kg-Martin
97kg-Macch
125kg-Orndorff

There you go @spladle08

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Let me give this a stab:

-57kg-

Honestly?  Hoping to see NATO-Suriano. It may be the only wrestling match in the history of ever where there is a negative percentage of body fat on the mat, including whomever they send out as the ref.  Projection, though, using Flo's projected seeds:

Finals-NATO over Garrett

I think Clark takes out Richards and Gross, then losing to Garrett.  I am assuming everyone in these projections are healthy and take NATO over Suriano in an intense one.  Whoever between those two surfaces,  I believe takes Cruz comfortably.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Clark-When healthy he's as talented as they come. He's been planning for 57kg for a couple years now, and I believe he'll have made the appropriate cut(unlike Gross).  His length will provide fits.

-65kg-

Wouldn't it be something if Backpack Lizak took Molinaro to the shed?  Could you get more opposite body builds?

I do think McKenna will appear to have a chip on his shoulder and will give Oliver everything he can handle.  Henderson has been hot, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him up on GHulk either, but Molinaro has been wrestling insanely well as well.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Whitford-He's as athletic as they come, and if he's firing on all cylinders should be able to give Molinaro all he can handle.  We expected HUGE things out of this guy at the collegiate level, it just didn't work out for him, and he appears to be back training full-time so I am expecting great things come the Open.

-74kg-

Oh what I wouldn't do to see Massa take it to IMar and qualify for OTT.  I just don't see anyone taking out IMar.

Finals-IMar over Joseph

If these seeds hold, the top half is just considerably weaker as far as depth goes.  It is what it is, but I got me a gut feeling that Cenzo is fixing to earn himself a nickname of Bull this weekend as well.  Then we'll have three toons to call 'the Bull' this season.

Darkhorse/Sleeper: Sorensen-Honestly never was a fan of his, but looking at these seeds?  He could surprise some folks with his grit.  He can wrestle with the best(he has) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him give Lewis all he could handle(perhaps burning him out for his match with Cenzo?).

-86kg-

Wouldn't it have been funny to see Amine here, and have him run the table?  Michigan homer bias aside, I would have loved to see how he matches up with all these toons, even Ringer(especially Ringer).

If seeds play out how they lay, I'll be disappointed, since it doesn't really give us much juice for too fresh of matchups for Ringer(Jackson is a few months removed from 79 and Brooks just doesn't excite me)(PS-I think I will always pick Brooks over Martin from this point forward...).  Fortunately we already know former world silver is registered, so these seeds will shake up.

Darkhorse/Sleeper #1: Brooks-The #2 seeds as a sleeper?  You got it.  He may not move the needle as far as excitement, but he, to me, is the clear #2 in this field(domestics only) yet he doesn't really get that respect.

Darkhorse/Sleeper #2: Finesilver-Seeing him registered for 77kg had me concerned for his size at 86kg, however I am truly hoping we see him at 86kg this weekend.  Even before Cox's interview saying that he was looking real good, there were rumblings that he had jumped a few levels.  The Finesilvers in general have all seemed to have improved a lot the last couple of years from where they were.

-97kg-

Okay this pisses me off.  There should be a true second here, without a doubt, same as 130kg for Greco(There may be other weights but these are the only two that come to mind of those who have qualifiers already in the field-Coon you're my boy but you ruined the chances of the guys on your half of the bracket).  I want to see Macc-Gadson or Macc-Walz.

If Gadson beats Snyder(he won't) then he'll have earned it and I won't gripe about no true-2nd.  If Macch outperforms(meaning loses less badly) I'll be even more annoyed.  I don't see anyone 9 or below beating anyone 3-7 and the only one I think stands a chance to beat Gadson is Zillmer.  It just isn't fair that half the bracket essentially doesn't matter when every person on that half is here in an attempt to qualify by being the highest NON-qualifer to place.

-125-

Removing Cassar and inserting Steveson at the #1 spot because that is what it would be had they waited a few hours to do the preseed projections.  Bummer because I wanted to see Cassar against senior level.

Bradley will have lost more of a step, and I fully believe Steveson will be ready, even if I am unsure on his training situation with Nelson not entered(is Nelson banged up or hurt?).  Either way, Steveson is our clear favorite here.  Keep in mind Dhesi will likely also shift these seeds.

SO?  To answer your question, my most anticipated finals?  Ringer VS Makojev.  Most anticipated finals from our domestic 'preseed projections' would have to be 57kg.

57kg-Suriano
65kg-McKenna
74kg-Massa
86kg-Martin
97kg-Macch
125kg-Orndorff

There you go @spladle08

At 86kg, please don't forget about Makoev.  

2 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

At 86kg, please don't forget about Makoev.  

I didn't.  Read towards the bottom.  Him-Ringer is my most anticipated finals.  In the beginning you'll see that I was using Nomad's 'preseed projections' even though they only included domestic entries.

Let me give this a stab:

-57kg-
Finals-NATO over Garrett
-65kg-
-74kg-
Finals-IMar over Joseph
-86kg-
-97kg-
-125-
57kg-Suriano
65kg-McKenna
74kg-Massa
86kg-Martin
97kg-Macch
125kg-Orndorff

There you go @spladle08
Ummm this was website legitimate. Did you really just type this to type it. I cant be more impressed and i love the breakdown . Tip of cap and applause sir