brickhousey

Jaydin eierman

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

That would be crazy. Wisconsin would be so damn good. granted he can’t compete at the same time as Gross, but still

Wisconsin has Gross, Moran, Cullen, Cole Martin, and Sebastian money all coming off the books after this year as well. That is 5 starters. They also have a gaping hole at 141/149 after Gross/Moran/Martin are done.

16 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Someone on another forum said he had been training in South Florida and wants to attend Keiser and train with Mocco. Don't know where that is coming from, but that sounded pretty confident. 

That's...strange.  Eierman has always been an oddball, though, so it's not that hard to believe.

Would the preclude him from competing D1 next year?  

35 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Someone on another forum said he had been training in South Florida and wants to attend Keiser and train with Mocco. Don't know where that is coming from, but that sounded pretty confident. 

I read the same thing. It would be a huge pick up for the NAIA school and would allow him to transition into MMA in the process.

Perhaps he graduated from Missouri and with a year of eligibility left decided to take his talents somewhere else and get some different training and opponents to try to beat the one guy standing in his way of a title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably jaded but my guess is he's headed to Happy Valley.  They appear to be the most well funded RTC by far which means guys can come and train to reach their freestyle goals while receiving a reasonable stipend.  He may no longer even care about college wrestling.  If they have 5-6 million in funds, they can provide a lot of good guys with opportunities.  No other RTC seems to be close financially in that regard.

10 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

I'm probably jaded but my guess is he's headed to Happy Valley.  They appear to be the most well funded RTC by far which means guys can come and train to reach their freestyle goals while receiving a reasonable stipend.  He may no longer even care about college wrestling.  If they have 5-6 million in funds, they can provide a lot of good guys with opportunities.  No other RTC seems to be close financially in that regard.

Guys typically do not want to train in the same room as their main competition, ie Retherford. 

Maybe Snyder's move from tOSU to their arch-villain NLWC helped lift some of the silly taboos and now wrestlers will start to explore training at a different area in order to give it their best shot in the finite amount of competitive years to achieve their lifelong athletic aspirations. I dunno just a thought.

These 5th year seniors taking an Olympic redshirt are kinda in a weird situation. If you think about it they’ve likely already graduated. So they’re just hanging around - yet not enrolled at - a university from which they’ve already graduated with the plan to come back the following year to re-enroll for a year and compete in folkstyle? 

If that were me I could see the situation during the Olympic redshirt year getting kind of depressing. All your friends who your age have already graduated and are getting on with their lives...and you’re planning on coming back and re-enrolling next year just because you technically can?

Obviously doesn’t apply to the oly redshirts who haven’t already graduated.

I know there’s probably less than a 1% chance, but North Carolina has some elite guys at his weight he could train with. Coleman Scott and Tony Ramos being the obvious ones, but Jordan Oliver also just officially signed on last week. It’s tough to think of a better trio of guys to train with at his exact weight.

But I doubt it because UNC is pretty stacked collegiately at 141 and 149 with O’Conner, Sherman, and then Gabe Tagg coming off redshirt next year.

Edited by goheels1812

51 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Are you suggesting he was promised future payment while he still has college eligibility :-) ?

Edited by 1032004

53 minutes ago, MDogg said:

These 5th year seniors taking an Olympic redshirt are kinda in a weird situation. If you think about it they’ve likely already graduated. So they’re just hanging around - yet not enrolled at - a university from which they’ve already graduated with the plan to come back the following year to re-enroll for a year and compete in folkstyle? 

If that were me I could see the situation during the Olympic redshirt year getting kind of depressing. All your friends who your age have already graduated and are getting on with their lives...and you’re planning on coming back and re-enrolling next year just because you technically can?

Obviously doesn’t apply to the oly redshirts who haven’t already graduated.

Olympic redshirt doesn’t prevent you from taking classes anymore. He could enter a 2 year masters program

37 minutes ago, tommytechnique said:

No inside knowledge but my guess is Iowa.

I heard this rumor back in the spring. I believe his step dad and Henson are close. Wyatt Henson just committed to Iowa. They have a hole at 149. I think it makes a lot of sense. It would be very entertaining to see a brash personality like Eierman wrestling for Iowa. 

1 hour ago, tommytechnique said:

No inside knowledge but my guess is Iowa.

I would love this, his personality is exactly the kind of thing I love in this sport, and he fits the line up well, IMO, but I've heard a bunch of times that his dad, in particular, is not a fan of the Brands, so who knows?

I just watched his Flo interview with Bader and he said he basically knows where he is going and it’s somewhere he’s wanted to go his entire life (that’s me paraphrasing not direct quotes). He mentioned it’s also a great situation for him next year. But to me that screams Iowa.

Edited by goheels1812

9 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I just watched his Flo interview with Bader and he said he basically knows where he is going and it’s somewhere he’s wanted to go his entire life (that’s me paraphrasing not direct quotes). He mentioned it’s also a great situation for him next year. But to me that screams Iowa.

Link?