brickhousey

Jaydin eierman

14 minutes ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

will he be heading to Iowa immedilty to start training with the HWC? This move makes perfect sense for the senior level as well. HWC has no one at 65kg

Is Sorensen still training there? If so, is he bumping up to 74kg? 

Edited by yonz_g
na

9 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

Is Sorenson still training there? If so, is he bumping up to 74kg? 

Sorensen has been on the senior level scene at 70kg and is such a tweener in my opinion. I can't see him competing with the guys up at 74kg and im not sure how the cut would be down at 143lbs.

Edited by Nicky_Pipes

18 minutes ago, Nicky_Pipes said:

Sorensen has been on the senior level scene at 70kg and is such a tweener in my opinion. I can't see him competing with the guys up at 74kg and im not sure how the cut would be down at 143lbs.

Pretty sure he's at 74Kg for NYAC. 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Depending on how he does this year, he could still be the guy with Desanto redshirting 

Maybe, if Eierman stays at 141. I can’t see MM breaking through at that weight. It will be disappointing if he can’t start at 149, but he probably loves Iowa too much to transfer. 

Just now, pamela said:

Maybe, if Eierman stays at 141. I can’t see MM breaking through at that weight. It will be disappointing if he can’t start at 149, but he probably loves Iowa too much to transfer. 

I don't think Murin is in a bad spot, a la Gunther when Kemerer decided to move up. If Desanto goes at 141 this year, he could redshirt next year (and vice versa). Murin is big enough to go 149 if Eierman stays down, and he would be almost a lock for that spot. Once Eierman graduates 149 is definitely his. Either way, I think he'll at least have 2 years and probably 3 in the lineup. That's kind of the understanding when you go to a program like that.

I'd also add, that I'd have a hard time coming up with a better practice partner for Murin than Eierman considering his major struggle is finishing leg attacks. I could very easily imagine Murin stepping in at 149 as a senior and immediately being a title contender. He was way better last year than he gets credit for. If he could find a way to finish consistently, he's a top 5 guy last year with his pace, strength, and positioning.

2 hours ago, pamela said:

Murin should transfer to PSU.

Eierman transferring really has little impact on Max's future. For starters it has no impact on this year. Next year if Eierman is 141 Max can go 149 like has been talked about or if Eierman is 149 Max could go 141 and AD could red shirt, the following year AD 141 and Max 149.

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I'd also add, that I'd have a hard time coming up with a better practice partner for Murin than Eierman considering his major struggle is finishing leg attacks. I could very easily imagine Murin stepping in at 149 as a senior and immediately being a title contender. He was way better last year than he gets credit for. If he could find a way to finish consistently, he's a top 5 guy last year with his pace, strength, and positioning.

Pretty sure Eierman will go 149 next year. If he is serious about 65kg, 149 makes way more sense. Rumor is Yianni is doing the same for the sake of the Cornell lineup

5 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I'm starting to hear ISU.

He said its where he has always wanted to go, like sense childhood it sounded like. I don't know how that could be anything but Iowa or PSU...but he's not a great fit in either lineup...though Iowa does way better with its small guys than PSU....but Eirmans style isn't exactly Iowa and PSU doesn't really have a style they just coach everyone great....I got no clue.

I get the pull to want to wrestle in carver as a hawk. However his style just seems so contrary to what brands and company teach. His funk, counter style is impressive but just curious what they offer on the FS scene? Wonder if he’ll jump ship again after he wraps up his college career?

7 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

I get the pull to want to wrestle in carver as a hawk. However his style just seems so contrary to what brands and company teach. His funk, counter style is impressive but just curious what they offer on the FS scene? Wonder if he’ll jump ship again after he wraps up his college career?

Mark Perry might know a thing or two about funk and unorthodox wrestling.

11 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Not sold on "Mark Perry the great coach" myself.

I'm not saying he isn't good, but he comes up in the conversation too often.

I personally wouldnt put him at the head of a squad as of now either, but my point is more that he is unorthodox and not a typical Hawkeye. 

12 hours ago, russelscout said:

Mark Perry might know a thing or two about funk and unorthodox wrestling.

Perry isn't on the university coaching staff, shirley you aren't saying Iowa is cheating, say it ain't so rus, someone should ask mFlap   ;_;

Just now, russelscout said:

He cant work with Perry during his Olympic Redshirt? I dont think thats a rule.

so you think he is going to work on funk during Olympic freestyle training?

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

so you think he is going to work on funk during Olympic freestyle training?

Have you never seen him wrestle freestyle? Go watch a match.

Also its a dumb point anyways. Your coach doesnt need to be Askren for you to continue to develop scrambling. Its not like Brian Smith was on the mat teaching Eirman and Askren everything. It is possible to wrestle differently than your coaches and still have a lot of success. 

Edited by russelscout

20 hours ago, russelscout said:

Depending on how he does this year, he could still be the guy with Desanto redshirting 

DeSanto's redshirting next year? Has he announced this, insider gossip, or just speculation? Next year is Iowa's best shot at a title - it doesn't make sense.

Edited by Fletcher