TBar1977

Iowa: Undisputed Portal Kings of College Wrestling

32 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

You're probably trying to be funny somehow but I'm probably too stupid to get the joke. No clue what that meant. Reaction in quotes suggests you didn't like how I used that work, but I posted something to which you reacted critically, not to mention presumptuously. If that's not a reaction, I don't know what is.

Some of this post I agree with. Some not so much.

Honestly I don’t know why you got so offended in the beginning. Like I said if I was to intense with my reply I apologize. Have a good evening. 

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Well, for one, the portal institutionalizing entitlement is certainly not a statement of fact.

It absolutely is. It's the protocol for allowing kids to leave where they committed to. It's NCAA-sanctioned, i.e. institutionalized. Is it the only thing? No. It is but a mechanism.

8 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The portal itself? Nothing. Its rampant use, and the need for it to begin with? A lot.

Since you meant it literally, maybe you could clarify what I quoted. The portal itself has nothing related to entitlements but excessive use does? That doesnt suggest it is an institutionalized entitlement. It would suggest that you see the actors as entitled, doesnt it? Which means you were using it like we all suggested.... just saying.

Edited by russelscout

18 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

But it's not 'instutionalized entitlement'.

It's an NCAA process. Transfer processes have been institutionalized for awhile now. Even policies that allow for transferring without penalty.

Transferring does not equal entitlement. 

Is that really your quibble? Then you didn't have one. Transferring does not equal entitlement? That was your point? Thank you very much for your valuable contribution. You're right, it does not equal it. It merely is an entitlement.

The portal is just a mechanism the NCAA uses to help enforce regulations. Nothing more. It is not in itself entitlement. It's one of the various tools the NCAA uses to police entitlement. It is part of the institutionalization of entitlement. Is it unilaterally and exclusively entitlement? No. But I'm posting a quick opinion on a wrestling forum, not writing a dissertation or opinion letter for a client. The fact that transfer processes have been different in the past and are now enhanced/modified/whatever word you want to use to describe the changes.... does NOT change the fact that the current processes, with all their bells and whistles (e.g. the portal) are institutionalizing entitlement. Jesus....

Edited by wrestlingnerd

20 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Since you meant it literally, maybe you could clarify what I quoted. The portal itself has nothing related to entitlements but excessive use does? That doesnt suggest it is an institutionalized entitlement. It would suggest that you see the actors as entitled, doesnt it? Which means you were using it like we all suggested.... just saying.

The portal is not entitlement. It's just a tool, as I explained above. That should be obvious. USE of a tool is exercising your entitlement. The actors are very much entitled, in the literal meaning of it and whatever you think the zeitgeist I"m supposedly blind to thinks its means. 

You can keep playing the game of trying to "catch me" saying what you think I said, but what's the point? That you feel better for calling a guy out on a forum? I'm telling you what I meant. As for my personal opinion on the matter, I even told you that too (or told Lurker, in public, I suppose). I have no issue with Eierman's use of his entitlement. I have an issue with Kerk's sense of entitlement. Both are fine, fully sanctioned moves. I like one but not the other.

4 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Again, nothing you have stated it is fact. It is opinion. I am sorry you can not distinguish between the two. 

The portal being part of the NCAA process to enforce an entitlement that it regulates is absolutely a fact and not an opinion.

15 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

No kidding when I say that if that happens, Bono deserves Brands’s job.

Then if Bono wins at Iowa, he deserves Caels job. Oh wait, this imaginary scenerio is complete garbage as Bono is a loooooooooong ways from winning a title.

Edited by russelscout

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I basically said the same thing as you and you’re too slow, to use your own description of yourself, to catch on. Relax. Not everyone hates your team. 

You tell me to relax right after you insult me. You still butthurt about the entitled thing?

7 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It was a reference to your own description of yourself. Relax. I’m not butthurt about you quibbling about entitlement. 

But I wasnt even talking to you and it was in a different thread. How would I even get that reference?