TBar1977

Iowa: Undisputed Portal Kings of College Wrestling

I was on that thread and I read what you wrote. Not hard to deduce how I got it. I also wasn’t talking to you when you first responded to me here. And I also wasn’t talking to you when you didn’t even realize my comment you quoted was in agreement with your “butthurt” response. (Such a fun word to use!) Why does that matter? Isn’t this an open forum where the point is to just jump in and say whatever? 

Anyway, Bono is a tremendous coach, no doubt. But if he wins a title before Brands, he’ll be a miracle worker to boot and even you should want him as your coach.  

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Then if Bono wins at Iowa, he deserves Caels job. Oh wait, this imaginary scenerio is complete garbage as Bono is a loooooooooong ways from winning a title.

Was this really that butthurt? I really dont think this is that bad. 

Transferring may be "entitlement" to some, and if so it falls under one of the very few things we actually ARE entitled to.  Life, liberty and the (here's the important part) pursuit of happiness.
College coaches switch schools, businessmen switch companies, why is the student not allowed to make a move that they feel best fits the pursuit of their goals without some sort of backlash about it?
Because sports even at the NCAA D1 level is supposed to be an extra curricular activitiy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Because sports even at the NCAA D1 level is supposed to be an extra curricular activitiy.

That may be what they are supposed to be, but are they really treated like that? In the majority of states either a football or basketball coach is the highest paid state employee.

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

But even so, isn’t the extra curricular activity a big part of that pursuit of happiness? Big enough that that is why they chose that school?  And before you say they shouldn’t pick the school because of the activity, please remember the school sent letters and representatives of that activity to the student to influence them to choose their school for that activity. 

4 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

On the contrary - I've find the exchange interesting. 

Wrestlingnerd is always interesting to read, as is equally Russelscout.

Okay....that’s valid 

But even so, isn’t the extra curricular activity a big part of that pursuit of happiness? Big enough that that is why they chose that school?  And before you say they shouldn’t pick the school because of the activity, please remember the school sent letters and representatives of that activity to the student to influence them to choose their school for that activity. 
The kids should be able to transfer for any reason, once without penalty.

As long as there's no tampering with the student athlete is currently eligible.

2 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

The kids should be able to transfer for any reason, once without penalty.

As long as there's no tampering with the student athlete is currently eligible.

Agreed.  

Although we know the tampering is and always will be happening..but I think once is right. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Agreed.  

Although we know the tampering is and always will be happening..but I think once is right. 

While I agree with the idea ( I really do, hence, my stance on Eierman versus Kerk), why is twice not right if you believe in the entitlement to pursue happiness? Is, say, an 18 year old only capable of making a poor judgment call once? I’m not trying to stir the pot, but your post makes me think you either misunderstood some folks throughout this thread (like me) or are really more aligned with some views you criticized than you’re aware. 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:24 AM, wrestlingnerd said:

While I agree with the idea ( I really do, hence, my stance on Eierman versus Kerk), why is twice not right if you believe in the entitlement to pursue happiness? Is, say, an 18 year old only capable of making a poor judgment call once? I’m not trying to stir the pot, but your post makes me think you either misunderstood some folks throughout this thread (like me) or are really more aligned with some views you criticized than you’re aware. 

Again it goes with the college is set to prepare you for the real world.  As such, yes everyone has the right to continue making moves, but in the real world if your resume is filled with jobs you held for a year or two, it's probably not going to be a good mark for you.  I get what you're saying in regards to what I wrote.  I guess another way to put it is the ability to transfer is a good thing but we have to have limits.

HS example.  Florida: it used to be that if you transferred schools within the school year, you could not compete in sports at the new school the remainder of the school year.  Due to state legislation being passed, it is now such that a student could now play a fall sport at one school, winter sport at another, and a spring sport at a third.  So to say, the previous rule was too stringent, but it can't just be an open pandora's box.