37 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I thought the turfgrass major was a bad joke but it kept coming up so I caved and looked at Schnupp’s profile. I’ll be damned. It’s real. 

You can make bank if you get working for the right golf course or designing golf course systems. I believe it is extremely competitive tho.

I have a friend that got his PhD in turf sciences. For hired to a six figure salary job right out of school doing research for a large turf grass chemical company, but I don't get what it has to do with Big Ten dominance either. 

Edited by JeanGuy

Anyone know why Teske got the start today instead of Schnupp? Was Schnupp injured or something? If not it would be hard to justify starting Teske over the guy who just beat him in wrestle offs. Especially considering the dual meet was never in question. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Anyone know why Teske got the start today instead of Schnupp? Was Schnupp injured or something? If not it would be hard to justify starting Teske over the guy who just beat him in wrestle offs. Especially considering the dual meet was never in question. 

Same reason Carl started his brother over a returning NCAA finalist:  Carl gonna do what Carl wanna do.

Edited by jchapman

1. That hasn’t been confirmed anywhere. Just message board stuff

2. No disrespect to Devon but he’s 7-30 in last 2 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Sanderson likes to wrestle both guys when the competition is close, and he places them in the starting line up to get the match ups he wants to see. 

Probably also wanted to at least get Teske some experience while it was a low pressure situation.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Schnupp starting by the end of the year though.  

Hopefully we see both at tourney this week.

Teske didn’t do much yesterday but pulled out a win over a guy that went 27-10 last year.

Not sure anyone would expect Devon to win against a guy like that after what we’ve seen from him last 2 yrs

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Probably also wanted to at least get Teske some experience while it was a low pressure situation.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Schnupp starting by the end of the year though.  

I think Schnupp would have to be much improved to have the full time starting job. I think they both wrestle for a while and Teske eventually wins the job if Schnupp is not much improved.

11 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

1. That hasn’t been confirmed anywhere. Just message board stuff

2. No disrespect to Devon but he’s 7-30 in last 2 yrs.

I actually think Cael did confirm ( sort of) at media day that schnupp had a wrestle off and it’s still an open competition. Mentioned the same kind of thing with 149 and on the broadcast yesterday they mentioned Gardner beat Verkerleen

I actually think Cael did confirm ( sort of) at media day that schnupp had a wrestle off and it’s still an open competition. Mentioned the same kind of thing with 149 and on the broadcast yesterday they mentioned Gardner beat Verkerleen

He didn’t confirm who won. That was my point

1 minute ago, pish6969 said:

He didn’t confirm who won. That was my point

He confirmed as much as Cael will ever confirm lol I think schunpp may just be banged up because he was originally supposed to start yesterday with teske going to an open to pick up some more matches and clearly the plan changed 

He confirmed as much as Cael will ever confirm lol I think schunpp may just be banged up because he was originally supposed to start yesterday with teske going to an open to pick up some more matches and clearly the plan changed 

Once again you use message board fodder as fact. Nothing you’ve said has been confirmed.

All we know as fact is Teske wrestled and won against a solid guy. Also had a win against Shakur Laney last year. Those two wins are better than Schnupp has ever had.

I have no dog in the fight and trust Cael 100%.

16 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Hopefully we see both at tourney this week.

Teske didn’t do much yesterday but pulled out a win over a guy that went 27-10 last year.

Not sure anyone would expect Devon to win against a guy like that after what we’ve seen from him last 2 yrs

I’m not a PSU fan but Schnupp definitely has talent and has shown improvement, he’s just undersized.  If he was able to put on some weight I could see him as winning a match or so at NCAA’s (which of course would still be a weak spot in PSU’s lineup).

Treaster from Navy wasn’t 27-10 last year, he was 11-6.  Schnupp did beat Liam Cronin of Indiana last year who was 18-13. He also majored Antonio Mininno who didn’t have a great freshman year but owns a HS win over future PSU’er Robert Howard.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

I’m not a PSU fan but Schnupp definitely has talent and has shown improvement, he’s just undersized.  If he was able to put on some weight I could see him as winning a match or so at NCAA’s (which of course would still be a weak spot in PSU’s lineup).

Treaster from Navy wasn’t 27-10 last year, he was 11-6.  Schnupp did beat Liam Cronin if Indiana last year who was 18-13. He also majored Antonio Mininno who didn’t have a great freshman year but owns a HS win over future PSU’er Robert Howard.

Teske only gave up 1 point yesterday, so he at least shows some defensive skill. Schnupp routinely gave up 6 or 7 points to guys like Treaster. Maybe Schnupp has improved a lot since last year. Time will tell. 

Treaster from Navy wasn’t 27-10 last year, he was 11-6.  Schnupp did beat Liam Cronin of Indiana last year who was 18-13. He also majored Antonio Mininno who didn’t have a great freshman year but owns a HS win over future PSU’er Robert Howard.

You’re correct. I was using his career record.

If Schnupp comes out and wins the job I’ll root for him just as hard as anyone. That being said my expectations aren’t very high.

i just think it’s pretty low to not give the first start to the guy who won the wrestle off. If Teske does better in an open then start him. Schnupp went through a lot and has always been there for the team. Seems very disrespectful to him to say you’ve worked hard, always been here for the team, won your wrestle off, but we’re going to start the other guy because he’s on scholarship and we want to get him experience 

Treaster used an overhook and/or Russian tie on Teskes' right arm for about 6 of 7 minutes. Brody could not seem to battle out of it and could do nothing with his arm tied up. I would have liked to see him attack from space once or twice. I'm guessing nerves had him being a bit more cautious than PSU fans are accustomed to. (I also thought the 2nd stall call on Treaster was cheap.)

Neither one is that good and Howard will have them both riding the pine next year. I agree that unless there was an injury Schnupp should have gotten the call if he won the wrestle off.