Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

UNC vs UMICH

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Headlee just took out Lewan. That was a huge upset as well. Kind of disappointed about Melendez. I’m not convinced he’s healthy, but no excuses. If you step on the mat you gotta bring it. 

Huge upset, yet Wrestlestat had Headlee winning that one.

As of now if wrestlestat holds it will be a 19-17 UofM victory. It has Parris techfalling a guy... I imagine it is a pin. So 20-17 UofM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

157

This was a terrific match. AC Headlee 5 Will Lewan 2. Headlee led 3-2 when Lewan tried an upperbody lock at the end, but Headlee tossed him to his back for the TD at the very end. 

I wouldn't call that a toss. It was Lewan falling to his back because of Headlee's hips of steeeeeeel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gromit said:

Anybody else getting a really choppy feed on Flo? Tough to watch. Is the Big10+ direct feed any better?

Yea started going choppy for at the beginning of 157 ,also saw a lot of people saying the Wisconsin Edinboro feed is terrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like the matches have alternated intensities.

Medley of UofM came out and punched Melendez right in the gut.

Assad looked like he just did not want to.be there for UofM and was content being a punching bag the entire match. Had Hernandez known that from the start it would have been a tech.

Ben Freeman looks bigger than his brother, but... off... Sherman was better in every position.

Nick Freeman was supposed to lose 10-7 yet wins 9-3. Nearly a major. Great job and a huge surprise for me. I now know how he beat Lamantia. Really just rode him like a pony.

Headlee big-brothered Lewan, if we are being honest. He was smaller and it showed, but Lewan was saved by his flexibility and was out-toughed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I wouldn't call that a toss. It was Lewan falling to his back because of Headlee's hips of steeeeeeel.

Hard to tell when you are getting pixelated. See the post below.

 

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea started going choppy for at the beginning of 157 ,also saw a lot of people saying the Wisconsin Edinboro feed is terrible 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Huge upset, yet Wrestlestat had Headlee winning that one.

As of now if wrestlestat holds it will be a 19-17 UofM victory. It has Parris techfalling a guy... I imagine it is a pin. So 20-17 UofM.

Yeah I saw wrestle stat had Headlee winning, but I thought that was kind of bizarre. Headlee lost last weekend to Missouri’s backup 157 in the southeast open. He’s up from 141 last year. For me that was a pretty big upset since Lewan is ranked 8th on Flo. Maybe wrestle stat knows things we don’t lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goheels1812 said:

Yeah I saw wrestle stat had Headlee winning, but I thought that was kind of bizarre. Headlee lost last weekend to Missouri’s backup 157 in the southeast open. He’s up from 141 last year. For me that was a pretty big upset since Lewan is ranked 8th on Flo. Maybe wrestle stat knows things we don’t lol

I agree with you, however this match isn't about individuals for me. This is a dual and UofM has to make up the ground in the last 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

UNC looks good. Sherman looks much improved

I’m really excited about him. Did you see the southeast open? I think if he had 30 extra seconds he would have knocked off Heil of Campbell. You could just see Sherman gaining confidence throughout the match as it went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I agree with you, however this match isn't about individuals for me. This is a dual and UofM has to make up the ground in the last 5.

Unfortunately I think missing 2 starters is going to do UNC in. Right now we are banking on Gunning holding Paris to a decision and I just can’t see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Are Storr and Massa on redshirts?

Yes 

 

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

UNC looks good. Sherman looks much improved

Sherman looked pretty good as a true freshman ,hung tough with a lot of guys wrestled a lot of tough matches, I think he ll knock off a few higher ranked guys by the end of the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...