Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

UNC vs UMICH

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Out for the season according to cinnabon?

Probably just dislocated, don't you think, happened to a college QB last weekend, relocate, tape and go.

Yeah, probably just dislocated it. 

Amputation in Cinnabon terms. 

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... when they tell you not to get pinned and you don't, your team wins.

I hope Parris sees him again this season. Smears him all over the mat.

Gunning isn’t a top 10 guy, but he’s not a pushover either. Outside of Cassar I don’t see anyone smearing him all over the mat. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

Gunning isn’t a top 10 guy, but he’s not a pushover either. Outside of Cassar I don’t see anyone smearing him all over the mat. 

Please excuse me.

The only match I was certain in was 285. Honestly. I saw no way Parris didn't come out and merk him for the team win. I mean no disrespect.

End of the night UNC wanted to win, as a collective team. It didn't seem like UofM did.

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, probably just dislocated it. 

Amputation in Cinnabon terms. 

Well, thought i saw the trainer pull out a rusty saw but then Flo froze .. when finished rebuffering they were going at it on the mat again ... so the cbon might be right.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Please excuse me.

The only match I was certain in was 285. Honestly. I saw no way Parris didn't come out and merk him for the team win. I mean no disrespect.

End of the night UNC wanted to win, as a collective team. It didn't seem like UofM did.

No worries man. It was a great match. I was just pointing out Gunning is actually a pretty seasoned, solid wrestler. He’s not flashy or anything, but he’s a 2-2 (with R12 upside) type wrestler come March. We all know if you guys were at full strength (no redshirts) UNC would be lucky to win 2-3 matches haha. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

No worries man. It was a great match. I was just pointing out Gunning is actually a pretty seasoned, solid wrestler. He’s not flashy or anything, but he’s a 2-2 (with R12 upside) type wrestler come March. We all know if you guys were at full strength (no redshirts) UNC would be lucky to win 2-3 matches haha. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season. 

I don't know man. Let's play it out.

125-Assad is likely full-strength starter. I don't see him, the way he wrestled tonight beating Melendez. 

UNC 3-0

133-Micic wins. Likely high decision. Major maybe.

UNC 3-4

141-Freeman still right?

UNC 6-4

149-AOC beats Storr. Call it a decision.

UNC 9-4

157-Same as tonight.

UNC 12-4

165-Massa has shown he can be ridde. Likely this is a toss up. Give it to UofM though.

UNC 12-7

174-Amine wins. He enjoys those decision though

UNC 12-10

184-Same

UofM 14-12

197-Same

UofM 17-12

285-Same

UofM 20-12

A couple of those tossups go the other way? UNC still wins it. AOC or Melendez getting bonus?

Don't kid yourselves. Coleman Scott is building something very, very good there and it starts with tenacity.

3 minutes ago, Greatdane67 said:

When did Wrestlestat become the bible of college wrestling?

Never? Great reference when comparing common opponents. Also quite accurate in these dual matchss later in the season(80%+).

10 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Ramos has something to do with that too. I was more than a little surprised when he turned out to be a pretty good mat coach. I was a fan of him as a wrestler but was highly skeptical of him as a coach.

I was way more skeptical of Coleman Scott than Ramos though.  I remember when Scott was selected, many on this board were saying that UNC was trying to kill the program by hiring someone with very little coaching experience.  I felt the same way, and I can happily say I was wrong.  Scott is doing a great job, I think well beyond most people's expectations. 

Ramos continues to amaze me.  He went from being the most hated wrestler in College to now a super likeable and accessible coach.  I don't recall many athletes that have made this transition in the eyes of the fans.  The villain role is hard to shake. 

1 hour ago, jeffrideal said:

I was way more skeptical of Coleman Scott than Ramos though.  I remember when Scott was selected, many on this board were saying that UNC was trying to kill the program by hiring someone with very little coaching experience.  I felt the same way, and I can happily say I was wrong.  Scott is doing a great job, I think well beyond most people's expectations. 

Ramos continues to amaze me.  He went from being the most hated wrestler in College to now a super likeable and accessible coach.  I don't recall many athletes that have made this transition in the eyes of the fans.  The villain role is hard to shake. 

It’s easy really ,just leave Iowa or Psu for an up and coming team and that villain tag goes away pretty quick 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s easy really ,just leave Iowa or Psu for an up and coming team and that villain tag goes away pretty quick 

To whom are which you referring said 'Villain Tag' need be applied?

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

To whom are which you referring said 'Villain Tag' need be applied?

Successful programs...Iowa won forever ,penn state owns the last decade, so if one of these programs has a wrestler that some think is obnoxious or cocky or whatever they get slapped with a villain tag a lot faster then say someone at Oregon state. So when a tony Ramos leaves and goes to unc is a lot easier to root for him. I personally never rooted for Coleman Scott or tony Ramos in college but since they have been at unc I’ve been a big fan and hope they get a team trophy at UNC in the next couple years