TBar1977

Ohio State - Stanford

16 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Gotta say probably the best play by play CP has done. He almost seemed nervous or hesitant working with the BTN guy so he wasnt as loud as usual Flo did good on this one 

Funny, there seemed to be a bit of gamesmanship from the BTN guy.  He knows wrestling for sure, and he hit CP with a few results that CP did not know and asked about a few results that CP didnt know.  The BTN guy has a great baseball voice. 

Funny, there seemed to be a bit of gamesmanship from the BTN guy.  He knows wrestling for sure, and he hit CP with a few results that CP did not know and asked about a few results that CP didnt know.  The BTN guy has a great baseball voice. 
It looks like the days of the "fist behindvtge back" student announcers us finally over.

Great commentary tonight.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Count me in on the Quinn Kinner bandwagon.  I know he was a big time recruit, so it's not really going on much of a limb to say he's going to be good, but guys with exceptional top wrestling generally seem to surpass their recruiting rankings (mainly because recruiting rankings are based on HS  and FS results and there is no RT in HS and freestyle techniques are completely different).  Gross will probably destroy him at this point, but they seem to be reflections of each other body type/style wise (albeit the two of them prefer different top techniques).  

Edited by Billyhoyle

6 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Encouraging to see Moore do what he did, after watching Conel do what he did earlier in the day. 

Moore needs consistency...last week he wins in overtime over a guy who lost to kellan stout last year but this week comes back and destroys a probable blood round guy. Any OSU fans know why he’s always been so wild like that? 

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Count me in on the Quinn Kinner bandwagon.  I know he was a big time recruit, so it's not really going on much of a limb to say he's going to be good, but guys with exceptional top wrestling generally seem to surpass their recruiting rankings (mainly because recruiting rankings are based on HS  and FS results and there is no RT in HS and freestyle techniques are completely different).  Gross will probably destroy him at this point, but they seem to be reflections of each other body type/style wise (albeit the two of the prefer different top techniques).  

Completely agree. I don’t understand why he hadn’t been mentioned much coming into the season. His senior year of high school he bonused every match but 1 in a weight class with 4 or 5 current D 1 wrestlers. Jo Jo Aragona had a lot of hype from Flo and places and he finished 3rd at the weight Kinner dominated , then kinner got to spend a full year in the OSU room, could definitely be a podium guy/ at worst a R12 this year