Sign in to follow this  
jerseywrestling

Cooperman Elected as EIWA Hall of Fame Inductee

coop.jpg

Cory Cooperman will be honored on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA, immediately preceding the finals of the annual EIWA championships.

Cooperman will join Josh Glenn of American University, Ed Hamer of Lehigh University, and Jack Light of Penn State University as members of the class of 2020.

Cooperman, who was a four time national prep champion for Blair, was a three-time All-American for Lehigh.

Full Story

Cory Cooperman's Profile

Lehigh's Profile

Edited by jerseywrestling

"What's Cooperman up to now? " Open first link in first post.

"Can you elaborate? "  I'm going to have to issue a trigger warning to the Cornellians, but long story short. Coop left LU directly for CU, top recruit Grey followed. Only 3 folks (Coop, Grey & Koll) will ever know what really happened, but Strobel canceled LU-CU series for 2 years in protest (disgust?).

Again, I'm a Coop fan. His two 3rd place finishes were rock solid. He could never get past Teyon Ware. Coop was solid in all 3 positions, but Ware was lightning quick.

If I recall one of the years he lost in first round and wrestled back for AA. But don't trust my memory.

10 minutes ago, Asa Packer said:

"What's Cooperman up to now? " Open first link in first post.

"Can you elaborate? "  I'm going to have to issue a trigger warning to the Cornellians, but long story short. Coop left LU directly for CU, top recruit Grey followed. Only 3 folks (Coop, Grey & Koll) will ever know what really happened, but Strobel canceled LU-CU series for 2 years in protest (disgust?).

Again, I'm a Coop fan. His two 3rd place finishes were rock solid. He could never get past Teyon Ware. Coop was solid in all 3 positions, but Ware was lightning quick.

If I recall one of the years he lost in first round and wrestled back for AA. But don't trust my memory.

Never realized that’s why grey went to Cornell..yea his first AA year he got pinned topside pigtail match in like 20 seconds then wrestled all the way back for 7th 

15 hours ago, Gantry said:

What's Cooperman up to now?  Always been highly regarded as a coach, kind of lost track of him. 

Cooperman just opened up his own club in Mahwah, NJ.............CoopTrained.  Coaches include Cooperman, Austin Schafer (Oklahoma St), and Nick Gravina (Rutgers).

20 hours ago, jerseywrestling said:

Cory Cooperman will be honored on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA, immediately preceding the finals of the annual EIWA championships.

Glad to hear this.  Cooperman has spent a fair amount of time in Ithaca, first as an assistant coach, and then as a coach at the RTC.   I think Coop has had even more impact as a coach and mentor than as a competitor.

2 hours ago, red blades said:

Glad to hear this.  Cooperman has spent a fair amount of time in Ithaca, first as an assistant coach, and then as a coach at the RTC.   I think Coop has had even more impact as a coach and mentor than as a competitor.

Yes.  I think within the next few years his club will be a national power-house.  His energy and passion (let alone his technical knowledge) is tough to match.