Jimmy Cinnabon

Cassar only 238 pounds

He's gained about 10 pounds from last year but is still a smaller heavyweight.  He may actually be the 2nd or 3rd smallest HWT (Singletary is smaller, who else?) in the B10 this year.  Looks just as quick and explosive though -- Gable will have his hands full.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

235 - 245 seems like the optimal weight for him, IMO.  He's big/strong enough that he doesn't get bullied, and his quickness remains a difference maker. 

Singletary is definitely smaller.  Parris is probably about the same size.  A few others are ~30 pounds bigger, but there aren't really any giants right now with Coon, Stoll, Jennings filtering out over the past couple years.  Jensen and Hilger are good sized but nothing crazy. 

Just now, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

235 - 245 seems like the optimal weight for him, IMO.  He's big/strong enough that he doesn't get bullied, and his quickness remains a difference maker. 

Singletary is definitely smaller.  Parris is probably about the same size.  A few others are ~30 pounds bigger, but there aren't really any giants right now with Coon, Stoll, Jennings filtering out over the past couple years.  Jensen and Hilger are good sized but nothing crazy. 

Parris weighed in at 250.0 at the MSU Open. Was 238.8 at last year's MSU Open.

Edited by nhs67

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Parris weighed in at 250.0 at the MSU Open. Was 238.8 at last year's MSU Open.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hillger weighed in at 247 at Juniors against Parris. They weighed in within a pound of each other.

Interesting.  I had figured Hilger weighed more because of his tree trunk base but I guess he is a little shorter.  I remember seeing some numbers on Jensen approaching 280.  

What's Gable, like 265? I think Cassioppi is in that 255 - 265 range but I haven't seen him in a bit.  

The heavyweight landscape is changing.  The knock on most "true" heavyweights (260+) is they don't have the flexibility or balance to defend shots like any weight lower than theirs does.  Not everyone is a hilliger who stay standing with their foot on another wrestlers shoulder and dive into a funk roll.  Those guys seem to have lots of success nowadays because they cand efend and they have the speed and explosiveness to finish shots.  I cant recall the last time I saw two true HWTs change levels and shoot with penetration steps.

Lewis Fernandes (Finger Lakes Wrestling Club) is pretty big, but he is tall (athletic physique).     He can do all those things and is pinning everyone at opens.  He will be the new Gable competition when Cassar graduates.  After seeing him, I dont even think Schults or Cassioppi will be able to hang with him. 

Edited by Cptafw164

On 11/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

What's Gable, like 265? I think Cassioppi is in that 255 - 265 range but I haven't seen him in a bit.  

IIRC we weighed in about 255 at some tournies last year.