Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HuskerMac

174

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HuskerMac said:

I dont know how many people use Intermat for the rankings  but anyone notice how 12 of the 14 top ranked guys are seniors. It is me or is Labriola gonna run this weight class for the next few years?

He will have M Kemmerer to keep him company - He will get another year if he wants it. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if M Lewis was at 174 next year.

Edited by lu1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

He will have M Kemmerer to keep him company - He will get another year if he wants it. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if M Lewis was at 174 next year.

Forgot he had another year. Could be a really good match up. M Lewis is a stud as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also add in whomever Penn State replaced Hall with. They have three legitimate options.

Whomever comes up from 165(or 157) and down from 184 as well.

When weights clear out people migrate towards them, if it means a title. Look at 149 last year. Finalists were 141 & 157 the year prior.

Honestly Labs may very well have a much easier time next year than his senior season as the youth movement adds depth and experience.

Edited by nhs67
Added 149 bit... fat fingers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additionally, is it not conceivable that Labs himself moves to 165 or 184?

Does he have freestyle aspirations? Nebraska has two of the top 163lbers on the current ladder in Green(truth is truth) and Burroughs.

Apologies for the multiple replies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also add in whomever Penn State replaced Hall with. They have three legitimate options.

Whomever comes up from 165(or 157) and down from 184 as well.

When weights clear out people migrate towards them, if it means a title. Look at 149 last year. Finalists were 141 & 157nthenyear prior.

Honestly Labs may very well have a much easier time next year than his senior season as the youth movement adds depth and experience.

Starocci will be 174 with Brooks 184 and Beard 197 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also add in whomever Penn State replaced Hall with. They have three legitimate options.

Whomever comes up from 165(or 157) and down from 184 as well.

When weights clear out people migrate towards them, if it means a title. Look at 149 last year. Finalists were 141 & 157nthenyear prior.

Honestly Labs may very well have a much easier time next year than his senior season as the youth movement adds depth and experience.

Look at 149 last year. Finalists were 141 & 157nthenyear prior. ???

 

Ash and Jordan? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 4:37 AM, nhs67 said:

Logan Massa or Myles Amine next year too.

Anthony Valencia can also apply for a medical redshirt(I believe he is actually listed as a junior on the ASU site)?

Anthony has already redshirted 2 years, true freshman year and last year, if it matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tommy Payan said:

Anthony has already redshirted 2 years, true freshman year and last year, if it matters.

Last year was medical. If it applies that will leave him as a Junior as of now(one grade below his younger brother, Zahid).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tommy Payan said:

Anthony has already redshirted 2 years, true freshman year and last year, if it matters.

I don't think anything matters anymore in today's NCAA. It really seems like things are shifting quickly on NLI, transfers, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be surprised if Lewis doesn’t bump to 174 next year. I think him holding 165lbs for the next quad to go 74kg in 2024 is out of the question. So makes sense for him to bump to 174 sooner rather than later if he needs to grow into 86kg/189lbs for 2024. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDogg said:

I’d be surprised if Lewis doesn’t bump to 174 next year. I think him holding 165lbs for the next quad to go 74kg in 2024 is out of the question. So makes sense for him to bump to 174 sooner rather than later if he needs to grow into 86kg/189lbs for 2024. 

I figure Lewis will be a 79 kg guy non Olympic years and make the cut to 74 kg for 2024..idk if he d go all the way up to 86kg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 2:21 AM, HuskerMac said:

I dont know how many people use Intermat for the rankings  but anyone notice how 12 of the 14 top ranked guys are seniors. It is me or is Labriola gonna run this weight class for the next few years?

I think it's presumptive to think that Labs will "run this weight class" for the next few years.  We've seen countless times where the "heir apparent" is derailed by a.) Injury, b.) weight class movements, c.) cases of HEW, and d.) Incoming super-frosh.  

Does he have the ability to be the king of the hill at this weight class?  Sure.  Will he?  I think the jury is still out.  Big time.  

EDIT:  Please note that I'm not slamming him or anything, and the same can apply to any supposed "heir apparent".  Whether it's Lee at 125 for the next 2 years, or Sasso after this year at 149/157, or Gable after Cassar graduates.  Lots of variables.

Edited by treep2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 7:37 AM, nhs67 said:

Logan Massa or Myles Amine next year too.

Anthony Valencia can also apply for a medical redshirt(I believe he is actually listed as a junior on the ASU site)?

Anthony Valencia is irrelevant to this discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

Anthony Valencia is irrelevant to this discussion. 

Wrong.

The OP stated 12 of the top 14 were seniors. AV is listed as a senior on those specific rankings.

He is junior eligible, athletically speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Wrong.

The OP stated 12 of the top 14 were seniors. AV is listed as a senior on those specific rankings.

He is junior eligible, athletically speaking.

He may be a junior athletically, but he isn't in the conversation about who will be at the top of the weight class next year. He's not that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerfan said:

He may be a junior athletically, but he isn't in the conversation about who will be at the top of the weight class next year. He's not that good.

By process of reduction he would be top 4 as of right now. Your logic is flawed. He is that good. He isn't as good as his little brother nor has he lived up to his lofty expectations, however simple math dictates that he is Top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

By process of reduction he would be top 4 as of right now. Your logic is flawed. He is that good. He isn't as good as his little brother nor has he lived up to his lofty expectations, however simple math dictates that he is Top 4.

You’re basing that off last years finishes, yet he didn’t even compete. So there are now two years worth of other guys, redshirts, true freshman, weight changes, and simple improvement from those who did compete, that are in the pool of wrestlers he has to remain better than. I doubt he ever finishes top 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerfan said:

You’re basing that off last years finishes, yet he didn’t even compete. So there are now two years worth of other guys, redshirts, true freshman, weight changes, and simple improvement from those who did compete, that are in the pool of wrestlers he has to remain better than. I doubt he ever finishes top 4. 

Are you daft or just ignoring the parameters in the OP.  He is citing RANKINGS.  Not results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...