9 hours ago, ptz305 said:

Good point, I'm not really sure how to define it, maybe as perennial top 20-25 programs on the National level. Not simply dominating in state, but producing national level heavy hitters throughout the line-up. 

Suriano - Yes. 

Ashnault - No, but I could be wrong. While South Plainfield is very good, I think their national success during his time was more of the result of a monster senior class. Again, could be wrong. 

Lewis - No, I don't think Bound Brook is a perennial top 25 team in the country, though they have an awesome program, they don't show up in the rankings every year. 

Valencia - No, SJB does not appear regularly in the rankings, though some of their individuals do and they are stacked right now. Either way, his brother serves as the counter argument. 

Nickal - Maybe, but again, this seems like a team that pops up on occasion and not year after year after year. I can't really think of any other D1 type guys from this school. 

While all of these programs are awesome, they have not been on the same level as Blair, BC, SPG, Sem, St. Eds, DCC, Montini, for years and years on end. 

Allen TX has lots of DI talent and are a top 30 team.  They Currently have two wrestling at Army.  One, a freshman named Logan Brown who beat Beau Bartlett, who beat McGonagle from Lehigh, who beat malike Hines from lehigh (all this at the Princeton Open a week ago).  He also has a brother who is ranked 8th at 113.  Elise Brown Ton is another ranked wrestler.  Then you also have AJ Ferrari and his brother Anthony.  Thats 4 ranked guys and they are ranked 12th in the nation.  I don't remember a year within the last 10 where Allen wasnt ranked in the top 50. 

10 hours ago, Witherman said:

quick research here but a few links I found.  Looks like everything is 2017 or older.

http://www.cmwrestlingalumni.com/blog/which-state-has-the-most-ncaa-championship-titles

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5065531-which-state-is-the-best-at-producing-ncaa-all-americans

looks like @Jaroslav Hasek needs to get to work on this topic

very interesting topic but I don't have ncaa results broken down by high school. if anyone does have that data, count me among the many who would enjoy knowing which pubic high school has produced the best NCAA results!

58 minutes ago, scribe said:

Didn’t metcalfs high school produce some?

Davison = Brent Metcalf, Jon Reader, Paul Donahoe

They've also produced several other AA's and can at least partially claim Mark Hall. 

Edited by ptz305

12 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

Allen TX has lots of DI talent and are a top 30 team.  They Currently have two wrestling at Army.  One, a freshman named Logan Brown who beat Beau Bartlett, who beat McGonagle from Lehigh, who beat malike Hines from lehigh (all this at the Princeton Open a week ago).  He also has a brother who is ranked 8th at 113.  Elise Brown Ton is another ranked wrestler.  Then you also have AJ Ferrari and his brother Anthony.  Thats 4 ranked guys and they are ranked 12th in the nation.  I don't remember a year within the last 10 where Allen wasnt ranked in the top 50. 

You're right that they have D1 talent. Nickal and the Ferrari's are exceptional! But they are not on the same tier as the others (Blair, BC, SPG, St. Ed's, Sem, etc.).

24 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

You're right that they have D1 talent. Nickal and the Ferrari's are exceptional! But they are not on the same tier as the others (Blair, BC, SPG, St. Ed's, Sem, etc.).

OK fair enough I guess you were talking about like top 10 in the country type schools.  My initial thought was more along the lines of consistent top 10 in their respective state (for example, although I realize TX is a weaker state, apparently Allen is the 10x defending champ).

7 minutes ago, headsnap said:

The answer is Tulsa Central with 28 NCAA Champions.

Whoops it was actually Jason Bryant who wrote them in the earlier linked thread, for some reason I thought it was Jaroslav.   Although he wrote 15 - is 15 the number of individuals and 28 the number of tittles?  Is that all D1?

On 11/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

So coach Buxton left Blair in 2012, I know in 2014 Ruth won his last title. My question is has Blair had an Ncaa champion since then. Seems while Blair still is the number 1 team in the country, there athletes college success seemed to dip. Am I wrong or has anyone else noticed this? Is the lack of success at the next level a direct result of buxton leaving?

Let me know when they have won 29 NCAA championships.  ;_;

5 hours ago, ptz305 said:

They've also produced several other AA's and can at least partially claim Mark Hall. 

Gotta disagree here, a high school can't get any credit for a guy that left the area in 6th grade. 

Edited by Gantry

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Gotta disagree here, a high school can't get any credit for a guy that left the area in 6th grade. 

Agreed. I guess I'm not really trying to give credit to the high school, moreso the "Davison wrestling community" for helping to produce him. I'm not from the area, but can safely assume it's not a Blair situation where kids just show up as hammers in 9th grade. Probably a lot of good coaches doing a lot of good things along the way. Some of which helped turn Hall into a stud. 

On 11/13/2019 at 5:48 AM, ptz305 said:

Definitely! Alex Facundo has the potential to become the next. Could have had Mark Hall as well if he had stayed home. Also, Justin Oliver was a recent AA that fell off after his RFr year.